Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2016, 7:23 am

Programs: UA 1K
Posted this in the International thread first, sorry!

Just completed a few flights and here is what was offered:

May 6 flight 202 departing at 0800 (Domestic leg of my itinerary)
EWR-IAH 764
PDB with refills throughout the flight
Cream cheese and herb omelette with breakfast potatoes and sausage (flavorless)
Or
Oatmeal and yogurt (didn't see it)
Both options came with a side of fruit and a biscuit or cinnamon bun

May 6 Flight 1016 departing at 1137
IAH-CUN 739
PDB with one refill after meal service (quick flight)
Warm nuts (served as orders were being distributed)
Creole shrimp and grits (Shrimp did not seem creole-like, grits were like mashed potatoes)
OR
Beef with vegetables (looked okay)
Both options came with a roll (though no choice) and side salad
Cookie was served as trays were being collected

May 12 flight 1047 departing at 1205
CUN-EWR 739
PDB with refills throughout the flight (though every time the captain mentioned turbulence "Purser Leigh" would collect glasses and plastic cups!
Warm nuts
Salmon with rice and vegetables (should've been salmon with white rice and broccoli - tasted good)
OR
Chicken with rice and vegetables (should've been called chicken with yellow rice and peppers - everyone who had chicken looked like they were cutting with a lot of force!)
Both options came with a side salad and a choice of white, wheat, or olive bread.
Cookie was served after meals were collected
Old May 14, 2016, 4:57 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes. Eat before you fly.
There can be quite good food on the ps flights, but there is no way to know ahead of time what the in-flight options will be. So if you are very picky, this may be the right advice. Or, you could buy a sandwich or salad to bring on the plane, and then if the in-flight food is appealing, just save the sandwich/salad for after you arrive.
Old May 14, 2016, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CIAO LAX
Does anyone know what type of meal will be offered for lunch on IAH - PVR? I'm flying in two weeks and just curious if it will be a sandwich/salad choice thats found on flights with similar flying times, or if it will be something more substantial since its an international route. Flight is listed as 2 hr 35 min.

Also same question for PVR-EWR. Flight is listed as 5 hr 15 min, can I expect something nicer as found on longer domestic transcon routes? Your insight is much appreciated!
I fly this route pretty much every December, check out my post in the 2015 thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post25892123

I wouldn't expect anything different/nicer on the EWR-PVR flight vs what you'd get out of IAH.
Old May 15, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: AC 50K
Hello,

Wondering if anyone offer insight on what to expect in way of meal service on the following flights, class is United First - as the flight originates:

UA1543 EWR>SJU
UA1662 SJU>IAH
UA5257 IAH>YYZ United Business

Thanks in advance,
Old May 15, 2016, 11:13 am

Flight 678 EWR-SAN (8:16pm departure) ... "snack"

Sausage and pepperoni calzone. No other options.
Attached Images  
Old May 15, 2016, 12:00 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
How was the calzone? It looks pretty decent, at least from the outside.
Old May 15, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Hammer0425

*gasp*... it's back.

At least it's not being served as a main on a dinnertime midcon... yet.
Old May 15, 2016, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by physioprof
How was the calzone? It looks pretty decent, at least from the outside.
It was fine, your typical calzone. I found the meal to be a bit underwhelming for a nearly 6 hour transcon leaving at what a lot of us consider dinnertime.

If you were vegetarian or don't do gluten, you were out of luck too since that was the only option for everyone.
Old May 16, 2016, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Had a really underwhelming experience on UAX this week. ORD->DAY

Incredibly bad SkyWest FA serving First Class on an EMB175. Only water offered as PDB. Very leisurely pace in all actions. No hurry to begin service.

When she finally got around to it, hopped around the cabin for drink orders And it wasn't related to status.

She took so long with drinks that she claimed "no time" to distribute snack basket. And seemed very annoyed to be called out on it.

Totally routine flight, not delayed - no turbulence.

Amazing that one FA can serve full drinks to 50 on this route, but for this FA they can't manage to serve 12 people a drink and a pre-packaged snack!
Oh, and Economy was offered water only service by the other FA.

I don't have a lot of experience with SkyWest, but they seem to be coming more frequent at DAY. Not impressed in the least.
Old May 16, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: *AG, Choice Privileges Elite Diamond, SPG Gold, La Quinta Returns Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold
UA 1948 IAH-PHX 5/15/16

The main course I chose was the beef tips. It came in some sort of a burgundy sauce. It was actually not that bad - I would recommend it. That is a dish that can easily be ruined, but this one I would rate as probably a B+.

The flight left 3 hours late due to missing crew, and the bad weather yesterday at IAH. The FAs did a good job during the flight, however, and that makes a big difference.
Old May 16, 2016, 3:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
UA1913 EWR-LAX May 15, 2016

- Full PDB offered

Breakfast was choice of:
- Cereal with banana
- Omelet with herbed goat cheese filling and sausage / potatoes on the side. Was good but wish I had ketchup / hot sauce.
- Apple blintz with ham (disappointed the French toast was missing)
- Usual cinnamon roll and croissant
- Cookie about one hour prior to arrival with beverage service

Great service from EWR-based crew
Old May 16, 2016, 6:29 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
I'm flying on a redeye on Friday in Domestic First to IAH from the west coast. What do you exactly get during "refreshment" flight? Just drinks and nuts?
Old May 16, 2016, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by 764toHI
UA1913 EWR-LAX May 15, 2016

- Full PDB offered

Breakfast was choice of:
- Cereal with banana
- Omelet with herbed goat cheese filling and sausage / potatoes on the side. Was good but wish I had ketchup / hot sauce.
- Apple blintz with ham (disappointed the French toast was missing)
- Usual cinnamon roll and croissant
- Cookie about one hour prior to arrival with beverage service

Great service from EWR-based crew
PS flight?

Originally Posted by seat38a
I'm flying on a redeye on Friday in Domestic First to IAH from the west coast. What do you exactly get during "refreshment" flight? Just drinks and nuts?
There will be a basket of goodies--packaged popcorn, brownie brittle, other veggie chips/breadsticks, cornish hens, and often fresh fruit. Have a nice nap!
Old May 16, 2016, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
UA330, ORD-EWR, 5/14/2016

Flight was first delayed "due to late incoming aircraft", then suffered some mx due to fault indication on gate hookup.
Left 2 hours late.

Incredible service on a quite short 1:45hr flight. FA was VERY efficient serving all 12 F pax pre-take-off drinks, nuts (including an unusual (for me) proportion of hazelnuts (yum!)).
Had the seafood/bouillabaisse type soup thing, and it was quite tasty.

Wasn't expecting such good service on such a short flight.
Old May 16, 2016, 8:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Silver. Former AA gold. UA MP and DL Plat AMEX cardholder
Originally Posted by Hammer0425

Did Chelsea catering get outsourced on your flight? Clearly looks like a Delta lunch calzone - except DL usually has a desert and salad plate with it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.