Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Old May 4, 16, 2:13 pm
  #301  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ORD
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 16,331
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj View Post
Ouch! Glad the food was ok at least!
Originally Posted by elitefreak View Post
Probably so dizzy, he couldn't tell what he was eating . . .
Sigh. Thanks for your concern, I'll be fine.
milepig is offline  
Old May 7, 16, 8:17 pm
  #302  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: PHL, EWR
Programs: UA silver; AA Gold;AGR;HH Gold;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC;National Executive; Johnnie Walker Gold
Posts: 1,950
5/7/16 UA 374
ORD-IAH
A320
Lunch

Good service and I was happy with the chicken sandwich. The other choice was a salad with grilled shrimp. It had three large grilled shrimp on the side with a plate of lettuce and pineapple. also included a pretzel roll and fruit salad.
Name:  IMG_6265_zpsujwl0inx.jpg
Views: 1480
Size:  98.2 KB
Name:  IMG_6266_zpsfwm7wijm.jpg
Views: 1438
Size:  136.9 KB
Name:  IMG_6267_zps72gu3jz4.jpg
Views: 1470
Size:  108.1 KB
Name:  IMG_6268_zps92c9tyta.jpg
Views: 1480
Size:  179.8 KB
rittenhousesq is offline  
Old May 8, 16, 7:52 pm
  #303  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: EWR, BWI, IAD, PHL
Programs: Marriott Gold for life
Posts: 272
Does anyone know what type of meal will be offered for lunch on IAH - PVR? I'm flying in two weeks and just curious if it will be a sandwich/salad choice thats found on flights with similar flying times, or if it will be something more substantial since its an international route. Flight is listed as 2 hr 35 min.

Also same question for PVR-EWR. Flight is listed as 5 hr 15 min, can I expect something nicer as found on longer domestic transcon routes? Your insight is much appreciated!
CIAO LAX is offline  
Old May 8, 16, 8:32 pm
  #304  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: No. California
Programs: UA MP HH
Posts: 1,196
Originally Posted by CIAO LAX View Post
Does anyone know what type of meal will be offered for lunch on IAH - PVR? I'm flying in two weeks and just curious if it will be a sandwich/salad choice thats found on flights with similar flying times, or if it will be something more substantial since its an international route. Flight is listed as 2 hr 35 min.

Also same question for PVR-EWR. Flight is listed as 5 hr 15 min, can I expect something nicer as found on longer domestic transcon routes? Your insight is much appreciated!
It is considered, and most importantly, catered, as a domestic first route. Nothing really different.
BlueZebra is offline  
Old May 8, 16, 9:23 pm
  #305  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: EWR, BWI, IAD, PHL
Programs: Marriott Gold for life
Posts: 272
Originally Posted by BlueZebra View Post
It is considered, and most importantly, catered, as a domestic first route. Nothing really different.
Thanks! Will report back with photos.
CIAO LAX is offline  
Old May 9, 16, 11:21 pm
  #306  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: SFO
Programs: UA GS 1MM / Hilton Diamond / Bonvoy Gold / Hertz PC
Posts: 334
New plastic cups for PDB this evening SFO-ORD. Was blue plastic (softer) with united logo. IMHO an upgrade from existing clear plastic.
HoyaSFOIAD is offline  
Old May 11, 16, 11:33 am
  #307  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Ambassador
Posts: 2,641
DEN-IAD UA 344 1747 departure

Choice of lentil chili or chicken and sausage jambalaya. FA took GS orders first and then went front to back but she would take orders from a row and then go back to the galley and did this until she covered the whole cabin. I notice the same thing when taking breakfast orders on my transcon on Monday morning. Is this the new order taking procedure? Take orders one row at a time and go back to the galley to record the orders?
TWA Guy is offline  
Old May 11, 16, 11:44 am
  #308  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles / Basel
Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 24,855
Originally Posted by TWA Guy View Post
DEN-IAD UA 344 1747 departure

Choice of lentil chili or chicken and sausage jambalaya. FA took GS orders first and then went front to back but she would take orders from a row and then go back to the galley and did this until she covered the whole cabin. I notice the same thing when taking breakfast orders on my transcon on Monday morning. Is this the new order taking procedure? Take orders one row at a time and go back to the galley to record the orders?
Did she bring drinks back or was it strictly to record orders?
MatthewLAX is offline  
Old May 11, 16, 12:05 pm
  #309  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Ambassador
Posts: 2,641
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX View Post
Did she bring drinks back or was it strictly to record orders?
Just to record orders
TWA Guy is offline  
Old May 11, 16, 6:03 pm
  #310  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: SYD, MEL, CBR, BDL
Programs: UA Gold / *G, Velocity Platinum
Posts: 898
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX View Post
Did she bring drinks back or was it strictly to record orders?
I had this same procedure last week on a SFO-MCO 753. Each row when the FA took the order he greeted each person by name. Going back to the galley allowed him to get each passengers name before taking the order. A very nice touch, although I'm sure it's not policy, just good service.
UAinAUS is offline  
Old May 11, 16, 7:00 pm
  #311  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC: UA 1K, DL Platinum, AAirpass, Avis PC
Posts: 4,573
Originally Posted by UAinAUS View Post
I had this same procedure last week on a SFO-MCO 753. Each row when the FA took the order he greeted each person by name. Going back to the galley allowed him to get each passengers name before taking the order. A very nice touch, although I'm sure it's not policy, just good service.
Wonder what keeps them from carrying the manifest or iphone that has the name info.

There is something endearing about seeing that row by row back and forth though.
cerealmarketer is offline  
Old May 11, 16, 7:46 pm
  #312  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: MSP
Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Posts: 11,256
Originally Posted by UAinAUS View Post
I had this same procedure last week on a SFO-MCO 753. Each row when the FA took the order he greeted each person by name. Going back to the galley allowed him to get each passengers name before taking the order. A very nice touch, although I'm sure it's not policy, just good service.
I've had similar service on a number of flights. The FA probably just doesn't want to be encumbered by carrying the manifest as well as a place to record meal orders. It could be done, but people are slow to change.
findark is offline  
Old May 12, 16, 10:28 pm
  #313  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Could be anywhere...
Programs: United Platinum
Posts: 216
I've been reading through this thread for a couple dozen pages, and searched several terms without any luck, so can anyone help -

I'm a relatively new premium flyer and will be flying ps businessfirst EWR-SFO on Wednesday at 3:25 pm.

Does anyone know what the menu options are and what is the best choice? I can be a picky eater and I'm trying to get a sense if I should eat in the terminal before boarding. Thanks
Kryssa is offline  
Old May 12, 16, 10:56 pm
  #314  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Posts: 6,355
Originally Posted by Kryssa View Post
I've been reading through this thread for a couple dozen pages, and searched several terms without any luck, so can anyone help -

I'm a relatively new premium flyer and will be flying ps businessfirst EWR-SFO on Wednesday at 3:25 pm.

Does anyone know what the menu options are and what is the best choice? I can be a picky eater and I'm trying to get a sense if I should eat in the terminal before boarding. Thanks
You might find more relevant information in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...periences.html

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 12, 16 at 11:49 pm Reason: cleanup after move
transportprof is offline  
Old May 12, 16, 11:29 pm
  #315  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 43,902
Originally Posted by Kryssa View Post
I can be a picky eater and I'm trying to get a sense if I should eat in the terminal before boarding.
Yes. Eat before you fly.
Kacee is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: