Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Old May 4, 2016, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Ouch! Glad the food was ok at least!
Originally Posted by elitefreak
Probably so dizzy, he couldn't tell what he was eating . . .
Sigh. Thanks for your concern, I'll be fine.
Old May 7, 2016, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
5/7/16 UA 374
ORD-IAH
A320
Lunch

Good service and I was happy with the chicken sandwich. The other choice was a salad with grilled shrimp. It had three large grilled shrimp on the side with a plate of lettuce and pineapple. also included a pretzel roll and fruit salad.
Name:  IMG_6265_zpsujwl0inx.jpg
Views: 1498
Size:  98.2 KB
Name:  IMG_6266_zpsfwm7wijm.jpg
Views: 1456
Size:  136.9 KB
Name:  IMG_6267_zps72gu3jz4.jpg
Views: 1487
Size:  108.1 KB
Name:  IMG_6268_zps92c9tyta.jpg
Views: 1500
Size:  179.8 KB
Old May 8, 2016, 7:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold for life
Does anyone know what type of meal will be offered for lunch on IAH - PVR? I'm flying in two weeks and just curious if it will be a sandwich/salad choice thats found on flights with similar flying times, or if it will be something more substantial since its an international route. Flight is listed as 2 hr 35 min.

Also same question for PVR-EWR. Flight is listed as 5 hr 15 min, can I expect something nicer as found on longer domestic transcon routes? Your insight is much appreciated!
Old May 8, 2016, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by CIAO LAX
Does anyone know what type of meal will be offered for lunch on IAH - PVR? I'm flying in two weeks and just curious if it will be a sandwich/salad choice thats found on flights with similar flying times, or if it will be something more substantial since its an international route. Flight is listed as 2 hr 35 min.

Also same question for PVR-EWR. Flight is listed as 5 hr 15 min, can I expect something nicer as found on longer domestic transcon routes? Your insight is much appreciated!
It is considered, and most importantly, catered, as a domestic first route. Nothing really different.
Old May 8, 2016, 9:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold for life
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
It is considered, and most importantly, catered, as a domestic first route. Nothing really different.
Thanks! Will report back with photos.
Old May 9, 2016, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM / Hilton Diamond / Bonvoy Gold / Hertz PC
New plastic cups for PDB this evening SFO-ORD. Was blue plastic (softer) with united logo. IMHO an upgrade from existing clear plastic.
Old May 11, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
DEN-IAD UA 344 1747 departure

Choice of lentil chili or chicken and sausage jambalaya. FA took GS orders first and then went front to back but she would take orders from a row and then go back to the galley and did this until she covered the whole cabin. I notice the same thing when taking breakfast orders on my transcon on Monday morning. Is this the new order taking procedure? Take orders one row at a time and go back to the galley to record the orders?
Old May 11, 2016, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
DEN-IAD UA 344 1747 departure

Choice of lentil chili or chicken and sausage jambalaya. FA took GS orders first and then went front to back but she would take orders from a row and then go back to the galley and did this until she covered the whole cabin. I notice the same thing when taking breakfast orders on my transcon on Monday morning. Is this the new order taking procedure? Take orders one row at a time and go back to the galley to record the orders?
Did she bring drinks back or was it strictly to record orders?
Old May 11, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Just to record orders
Old May 11, 2016, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I had this same procedure last week on a SFO-MCO 753. Each row when the FA took the order he greeted each person by name. Going back to the galley allowed him to get each passengers name before taking the order. A very nice touch, although I'm sure it's not policy, just good service.
Old May 11, 2016, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by UAinAUS
I had this same procedure last week on a SFO-MCO 753. Each row when the FA took the order he greeted each person by name. Going back to the galley allowed him to get each passengers name before taking the order. A very nice touch, although I'm sure it's not policy, just good service.
Wonder what keeps them from carrying the manifest or iphone that has the name info.

There is something endearing about seeing that row by row back and forth though.
Old May 11, 2016, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by UAinAUS
I've had similar service on a number of flights. The FA probably just doesn't want to be encumbered by carrying the manifest as well as a place to record meal orders. It could be done, but people are slow to change.
Old May 12, 2016, 10:28 pm

Programs: United Platinum
I've been reading through this thread for a couple dozen pages, and searched several terms without any luck, so can anyone help -

I'm a relatively new premium flyer and will be flying ps businessfirst EWR-SFO on Wednesday at 3:25 pm.

Does anyone know what the menu options are and what is the best choice? I can be a picky eater and I'm trying to get a sense if I should eat in the terminal before boarding. Thanks
Old May 12, 2016, 10:56 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kryssa
I've been reading through this thread for a couple dozen pages, and searched several terms without any luck, so can anyone help -

I'm a relatively new premium flyer and will be flying ps businessfirst EWR-SFO on Wednesday at 3:25 pm.

Does anyone know what the menu options are and what is the best choice? I can be a picky eater and I'm trying to get a sense if I should eat in the terminal before boarding. Thanks
You might find more relevant information in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...periences.html

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 12, 2016 at 11:49 pm Reason: cleanup after move
Old May 12, 2016, 11:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Kryssa
I can be a picky eater and I'm trying to get a sense if I should eat in the terminal before boarding.
Yes. Eat before you fly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.