Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:21 pm

That's a warm sandwich right? I'm guessing so from what looks like melted cheese but I just wanted to check. It looks good. Thanks for the pics!
Old Feb 25, 2016, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by blackllotus
That's a warm sandwich right? I'm guessing so from what looks like melted cheese but I just wanted to check. It looks good. Thanks for the pics!
Yes, it was warm, and quite good.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 7:07 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Stocking of Moscow Mules

According to something that was passed onto me by someone in Inflight, the carts in F will now be stocked with Moscow Mules which will eliminate the awkward "I'll have to get one from the back" song/dance from the FAs.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 7:17 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by qukslvr619
According to something that was passed onto me by someone in Inflight, the carts in F will now be stocked with Moscow Mules which will eliminate the awkward "I'll have to get one from the back" song/dance from the FAs.
Excellent news! ^^
Old Feb 25, 2016, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Lunch on ORD-AUS (Republic) yesterday was Southwestern Chicken with a side salad or Chicken salad with the chicken on the side. Sound sort of similar? Why yes, they were.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 8:17 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by milepig
Lunch on ORD-AUS (Republic) yesterday was Southwestern Chicken with a side salad or Chicken salad with the chicken on the side. Sound sort of similar? Why yes, they were.
Aeroflot!
Old Feb 25, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Stocking of Moscow Mules

Originally Posted by qukslvr619
This is consistent with my experience earlier this week. I asked for the Mule and the FA brought it in a glass from the front galley without going to the back. I even got a second, also from the front galley.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Neil35
This is consistent with my experience earlier this week. I asked for the Mule and the FA brought it in a glass from the front galley without going to the back. I even got a second, also from the front galley.
Another step in the right direction! Next, will UA procure the copper mugs that are needed to properly serve the Moscow Mule ?
Old Feb 25, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, GE/TSAPre
Originally Posted by transportprof
Another step in the right direction! Next, will UA procure the copper mugs that are needed to properly serve the Moscow Mule ?
Hah.

Though personally, while I enjoy them, I don't think the UA/Crafthouse mules are good enough to be worth having in copper.

Also, late to the party, but from this page https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...cocktails.aspx

On mainline United flights within North America and between the continental U.S. and Hawaii, a 200-mL two-serving bottle is complimentary in premium cabins and available for $12.99 in United Economy®.
Seems definitive
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by phxrsng

Seems definitive
After 6 months
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
SFO-YVR
1605-1819hrs
Dinner flight-

Great crew, friendly smiling, and fun to joke with.

PDB served, once in the air orders taken from front to back, warm nuts and a drink also served at this time . I was asked what I wanted for "lunch", seafood stew or a chicken salad. I asked if the seafood was a cioppino, FA did not know, she said, "I do know there's a lot of seafood in it". I went with the seafood.

Delivered what looked like cioppino, garlic bread, and an arugula salad. I could not really tell what else was in the salad, grapes, some sort of cheese, corn, and(?). A pre-packaged cookie, and some red wine.

Asked to see the bottle and the red wine was "Santa Julia" cab, from Argentina (wine.com shows $12.99).

Food was really good! The cioppino was really flavorful and the garlic bread was tasty. The salad was nice, had a kick to it, I did not use the salad dressing.

See pics below.
Attached Images      
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Pretty tacky the cookie was served packaged.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 5:46 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
SFO-ORD Lunch

Best crew in a long time, in particular because the whole crew was excellent. Not a surly one in the lot.

Warm nuts and drinks
Chicken Cacciatore or Chicken Enchilada
Pretzel roll
Salad that was upgraded with a few things in it and new lemon dressing I hadn't had before and was very good.
Lemon sorbet

I had the enchilada. There were two baked in a casserole dish with lots of cheese and were delicious. There was just enough kick to make them interesting but obviously still subtle enough for serving to the general public. My neighbor had the cacciatore and ate the whole thing. Big piece of chicken with a tomato salsa-type thing on top, served with gnocchi.

Overall, one my best flights in a long time, from crew to food.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 7:04 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
That looks a little bit more watery/brothy than the INTL "SF Style Cioppino" which I love and always order.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 7:35 am

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
That looks a little bit more watery/brothy than the INTL "SF Style Cioppino" which I love and always order.
Yes, agreed, the FA didn't know what to call it, and it was "tomatoesque" broth

I don't remember seeing anything like this previously.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.