Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Help! UA cxl'ed the segment that would have qualified me for Gold.

Help! UA cxl'ed the segment that would have qualified me for Gold.

Old Dec 30, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by NH_Clark
Probably not but they might have a heavy marketing push on the buy-up option. The old "cash is king" play.
They didn't do it for 1k. I even offered to buy the ticket and purposely miss the flight so they could keep the money and credit me with the PQD (was on the phone with them early this morning), but they said "no, you must fly the segments". I thought that was stupid of them, as they'd get my money plus be able to re-sell my seat.

So here I am at EWR waiting for my return to RSW.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
If you were to have IRROPS in July and get a refund, you wouldn't get any PQM/PQD fir that either, so I don't see how this is much different.

Almost is almost. If you want not almost, buy the PQM (assuming you have the PQD).
Old Dec 30, 2015, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA1MM*GL/1K, AA, BnVy PlatL, HH Silver,
So you can no longer send in a note? I used to do this all the time.

Something like

"I intended to fly uA### on date. However since you cancelled the flight and couldn't reroute me in a timely manner, I was forced to buy a ticket on XX to get to my destination. Attached please find my original UA booking and my boarding passes from XX. Please credit my account for the flight ### which I intended to fly prior to your cancellation.

If true, pretty loyal flier unfriendly but not surprising given the new owners.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 9:42 pm

I missed this thread. I am in the same position (flight canceled today and first available reroute is in 2016) but was told by the gate agent that I would get credit for 2015 since it was a cancellation and I am traveling on the same ticket. Sounding now like this is not a "fact." Too bad as she was on the phone with a supervisor and it was said so matter of factly.

I am hoping that they will give credit. My experience with United has generally been favorable. But never know...
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:26 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mike1968
So you can no longer send in a note? I used to do this all the time.

Something like

"I intended to fly uA### on date. However since you cancelled the flight and couldn't reroute me in a timely manner, I was forced to buy a ticket on XX to get to my destination. Attached please find my original UA booking and my boarding passes from XX. Please credit my account for the flight ### which I intended to fly prior to your cancellation.

If true, pretty loyal flier unfriendly but not surprising given the new owners.
This is still done and it is called ORC. It is easier done if you have UA make the change (doing it independently just adds complexity) and the flights are at about the same times. It is still very possible, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ng-merged.html

In the OP's case, the OP decided not to use the ticket (and got a refund?) which is a different situation.

Originally Posted by daisyatl
I missed this thread. I am in the same position (flight canceled today and first available reroute is in 2016) but was told by the gate agent that I would get credit for 2015 since it was a cancellation and I am traveling on the same ticket. Sounding now like this is not a "fact." Too bad as she was on the phone with a supervisor and it was said so matter of factly.

I am hoping that they will give credit. My experience with United has generally been favorable. But never know...
If the agent left the impression this was automatic, then that is wrong. It will have to be requested. In the cases where it crosses years, it certainty not clear which is the best year to credit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.