Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

PQD credit card waiver - "no change" for 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2015, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone. For clarification, there are no changes to the PQD credit card waiver.

-UA Insider
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Interesting and good news. Wonder if premium flyers were complaining about not getting qualified for status via PQM.

As a side note, looks like they updated this page but the CC waiver won't exist in 2016:
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...r/qualify.aspx
Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by edcho
Interesting and good news. Wonder if premium flyers were complaining about not getting qualified for status via PQM.

As a side note, looks like they updated this page but the CC waiver won't exist in 2016:
Yes, there is no indication that the CC waiver for PQD spend will apply in 2016. Big change and probably worthy of its own thread.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Yes, there is no indication that the CC waiver for PQD spend will apply in 2016. Big change and probably worthy of its own thread.
What has changed? I don't see anything specifically stating the waiver will not be there in 2016. Could be jumping the conclusions on that topic. The change could be no waiver or increased spending for a waiver. Or it could be the same.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by edcho
Other parts of the page still reflect 2015 program, so it may be premature to jump to this conclusion.

Unclear yet if there is change and there will not be further updates.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 1:01 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Hi everyone. For clarification, there are no changes to the PQD credit card waiver.

-UA Insider
Old Dec 16, 2015, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by UA Insider

-UA Insider
Thanks for clarifying this. With other 2016 changes announced on the same web page, but having the CC waiver information specifically stating 2014/2015, it was a bit confusing.
Hopefully this gets updated soon for the public viewing the site.

Cheers.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 1:43 pm

A little off topic, but is there any specific reason why the Pres Plus CC has the waiver? I assume it has something to do with the PQM feature.

I wonder if there's a point where they can/will force everyone to switch to the club card and lose the waiver and PQMs.

FWIW I have the pres plus card right now and I love it, so I'd hate to see it go.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Thanks for clarifying this. With other 2016 changes announced on the same web page, but having the CC waiver information specifically stating 2014/2015, it was a bit confusing.
Hopefully this gets updated soon for the public viewing the site.

Cheers.
Does this mean that Presidential Plus cardholders are still exempt completely?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 1:55 pm

Does "no changes to the PQD credit card waiver" mean the waiver will also be valid for 2016? Or "no changes to the PQD credit card waiver" as in "we already said it is only valid for 2014 and 2015 and we're sticking to that"? I may be reading this with my lawyer hat on, but it seems to be an important point for a lot of folks here and UA Insider's response could be taken either way.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jnb_tx
Does "no changes to the PQD credit card waiver" mean the waiver will also be valid for 2016? Or "no changes to the PQD credit card waiver" as in "we already said it is only valid for 2014 and 2015 and we're sticking to that"? I may be reading this with my lawyer hat on, but it seems to be an important point for a lot of folks here and UA Insider's response could be taken either way.
Methinks this may be some over thinking.

The question was clear and only one way to read the response unless you assume a desire to be duplicitous.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Methinks this may be some over thinking.

The question was clear and only one way to read the response unless you assume a desire to be duplicitous.
I think this is a valid question. The website has always said that the PQD waiver was valid for 2014 and 2015. So "no change" (which is also the answer I keep getting from UA directly), could also mean that the original program stays: which means there is no PQD waiver in 2016. I think UA is being unnecessarily confusing about this. If the waiver program is being extended to 2016, why not change the language on the website to remove references to 2014 & 2015 or add 2016 as well?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by thebakaronis
I think this is a valid question. The website has always said that the PQD waiver was valid for 2014 and 2015. So "no change" (which is also the answer I keep getting from UA directly), could also mean that the original program stays: which means there is no PQD waiver in 2016. I think UA is being unnecessarily confusing about this. If the waiver program is being extended to 2016, why not change the language on the website to remove references to 2014 & 2015 or add 2016 as well?
UA Insider wouldn't have come on here and taken the time to make a statement if it meant the waiver was being discontinued in 2016. "No changes" means the waiver is being extended at minimum through 2016. They just haven't fully updated the website.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AC 25K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by exerda
I think the intent of UA Insider's post was clear, and the CC spend PQD waiver will remain in place. It will also still only be valid up to Plat.
I think so too, but I'd still feel better if they said so explicitly on the Premier Qualification page.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
UA Insider wouldn't have come on here and taken the time to make a statement if it meant the waiver was being discontinued in 2016. "No changes" means the waiver is being extended at minimum through 2016. They just haven't fully updated the website.
But extending the waiver to 2016 is a change
Old Dec 16, 2015, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Actually a shocker for me that they still haven't followed DL down the path of a waiver for PQDs for 1K status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.