Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Ever wonder if United wonders what happened to your Business?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ever wonder if United wonders what happened to your Business?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2014, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
1. 1Ks are going to be culled this year w/PQDs, and we know that UA is alredy losing HVFs...please advise in your infinite wisdom where exactly this new batch of 1Ks is coming from...you don't see a lot of "new 1K here!" posts these days
2. Please link to these threads, thanks
After the cull UA will give out 1K like candy to corporate accounts. The only classes of flyers left will be those on corporate deals and kayakers.

I find little reason to play the PQD game when every TATL itin I price out to my regular destinations is consistently hundreds of dollars more on 016 stock. No thanks. Airline loyalty at least in the case of UA is dead. Bye Bye UA.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Darby
I find little reason to play the PQD game when every TATL itin I price out to my regular destinations is consistently hundreds of dollars more on 016 stock. No thanks. Airline loyalty at least in the case of UA is dead. Bye Bye UA.
Quite right.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 6:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
[Conforming deletion by Moderator to since-deleted post.]

If and when I finally quit UA, the last thing I'm gonna be thinking about is whether they miss me.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Feb 16, 2014 at 8:36 pm Reason: See above note.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I was (well, my company) putting $40/year in DL's pocket a couple of years back. When the particular assignment ended that made DL a necessity, not a peep from Delta.

Some 1Ks aren't really worth that much (ie < $20K, which includes me currently). That's just 2 rt BF IAH-LHR at some times of the year. Just because you've been awarded 1K, you may not be worth as much as other 1Ks.

Lesser 1Ks shouldn't don a homemade crown and expect UA to bow.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Feb 15, 2014 at 7:00 pm
Old Feb 15, 2014, 6:56 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
[Conforming moderator edit to reflect deletion of quoted post.]

This 1K is trying for AA corporate match because I am sick to death of flying RJs ex-ATL. Even the ones with F have junk non-perishable food and half the time they're out of whatever it is I want to have for a drink because they only get catered once a day. There is ONE mainline flight daily (I'm on it tomorrow at stupid-early o'clock). UA won't compete at DL hubs. US manages multiple A319/20/21 flights a day here without too much sweat, so I don't know why UA can't shake its RJ fetish at ATL. Supposed to get a mainline SFO flight soon, but that doesn't help me much.

There have been a few situations where my status helped out e.g. hella-tight connections where my bag has made it, but otherwise BFD.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Feb 16, 2014 at 8:37 pm
Old Feb 15, 2014, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
I have been 1K for 10-12 years. About 4 years ago I flew 125K *A and including 3K on UA metal. They don't care. They are like ex-wives after cashing in (no offense meant to women FT'ers). Now I have 2MM -will not make it to 3MM- and can fly whatever airline provides the best service and comparable pricing. A breath of fresh air.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: Previously 5 year AS Gold 75, UA MM Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
1. 1Ks are going to be culled this year w/PQDs, and we know that UA is alredy losing HVFs...please advise in your infinite wisdom where exactly this new batch of 1Ks is coming from...you don't see a lot of "new 1K here!" posts these days
2. Please link to these threads, thanks
I was joking somewhat, but clearly I must have struck a nerve. I haven't seen it yet, but did UA make money in 2013?

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
...Just because you've been awarded 1K, you may not be worth as much as other 1Ks.

Lesser 1Ks shouldn't don a homemade crown and expect UA to bow.
And just because you've been awarded 1K, you might be more trouble than you're worth. I guess this must include the "overly-entitled" bunch.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
The business model has changed. None of the airlines really care about loyalty any longer UNLESS the customer generates high revenue per mile. This is why there is GS and everything else.

A 1K who spends $10K isn't profitable for United with a CASM of 12 cents. 15 years ago there was excess capacity so the airlines cared more about loyalty.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by emcsweeney
I was joking somewhat, but clearly I must have struck a nerve. I haven't seen it yet, but did UA make money in 2013?
Far less than its smaller key competitors :-:
Old Feb 15, 2014, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Originally Posted by ivoryboi

Wonder if UA will notice and 'incentive-ize' me or not give a rats?
They won't give a rats. You receive your incentive by miles and PQDs now, period.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 8:51 pm

A question to those wanting contact from United: would some sort of inquiry change your behavior (i.e. convince you to return business to United)? What would you want United to say?
Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by fly18725
A question to those wanting contact from United: would some sort of inquiry change your behavior (i.e. convince you to return business to United)? What would you want United to say?
Everything is running "smooth as silk" at the "new UA", sorry we can not get you to BKK on UA metal anymore. We provide the most efficient RJ service in the USA! We charge for booze in Y on all flts, including International (I believe the only major carrier to do so, Worldwide). Most flts have no wi-fi, entertainment, but we provide the best entertainment listing to FA's complain the entire flt about what a crap airline this has turned into, both on UA and CO side. The list could go on and on, and on.

To the OP: If you do receive a phone call, email, etc. Please post. I have not EVER heard a thing from this airline. Even if I did, I'm still done.

Happy travels aboard AA or DL. ^

How can a great airline turn into this mess. I feel sorry for the employes.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I know CO would not necessarily "reach out" to individuals, they did reach out to my company, responsible for sending a lot of Pre-merger CO Plats around the world (mid-sized upstream oil and gas company). We were definitely steered towards CO and their partners. I would say individuals might not feel the love, but if you're part of a big revenue-generating company for UA, maybe your corporate travel people might.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:50 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by fly18725
There is a huge amount of business literature on the need to (1) proactively address and reach out to clients whose buying decisions change so they appear to be leaving, and (2) the extremely high costs of replacing lost High Value Clients.

I don't know what DAL is doing now (as opposed to years ago, with a different focus/management) but I bet they now reach out to folks. I personally know, and there are lots of reports of, both AA and AS reaching out to anyone whose travel patterns change. I am Lifetime PLT on *wood. Last year for a period of time I was in an area with no *wood properties, did not have a stay with them for 3 months. They reached out to me to make sure everything was fine. Its smart customer service.

Need I say that these other airlines (even AA which was in BKR and had a pilot labor action) are doing far better than UAL is in yield growth.

While the yahoos from Texas will never realize it, an airline is a "customer service company" and can't treat its customers like its the local cable company.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by spin88
While the yahoos from Texas will never realize it, an airline is a "customer service company" and can't treat its customers like its the local cable company.
That sums it up for me. If UA is the cable company - I switch to satellite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.