Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free snacks are back for United Economy

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2015, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by phxrsng
They're advertised as being intended to sit on top of a coffee cup to warm up - so I think they are definitely larger than the samples
You can see about how big the real thing will be here:

I love stroopwafels. Get them overseas at Starbucks all the time. I'd rather have one than the cinnamon rolls in F.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:06 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Moderator note

The discussion which originally followed the last post became a meta-discussion about whether this type of service initiative (i.e., return of free snacks in Y) signals a change in direction for UA. Since this meta-discussion went well beyond the thread topic, it has been given its own thread here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...u-turn-ua.html

Ocn Vw 1K, Co-Moderator.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Dec 11, 2015 at 3:46 pm Reason: correct typo.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Free snacks are coming back to United Economy

It's just so very nice to see UA making strides in the right direction.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 11:45 am

Does anyone know when exactly the free snacks are being introduced. Not that it matters much, but I would like to know if I'll be trying one of the new stroopwafels on my February 3rd morning flight.

As far as I can tell, we just know that they are being introduced in Feb.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
Does anyone know when exactly the free snacks are being introduced. Not that it matters much, but I would like to know if I'll be trying one of the new stroopwafels on my February 3rd morning flight.

As far as I can tell, we just know that they are being introduced in Feb.
From what I understand, should be Feb 1st.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:23 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Does anybody have reports of UA giving out snacks? I would be impressed if every flight had the snacks on the dates advertised.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 9:03 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
AA hands out free snacks in coach. Will UA follow?

Oh wait...

Looks like AA is matching UA's snack move.

http://hub.aa.com/en/nr/american-air...mer-experience
Old Feb 1, 2016, 9:08 am

Currently on a morning UAX flight to EWR and enjoying a Stroopwafel with my coffee!
Old Feb 1, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Oh wait...

Looks like AA is matching UA's snack move.

http://hub.aa.com/en/nr/american-air...mer-experience
AA has exceeded UA (again). Complimentary meals are returning on the DFW-HNL flights.

Hopefully UA gets the message. HNL-GUM, -EWR, -IAH, -ORD should at least have 1 free meal.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by warreng24
AA has exceeded UA (again). Complimentary meals are returning on the DFW-HNL flights.

Hopefully UA gets the message. HNL-GUM, -EWR, -IAH, -ORD should at least have 1 free meal.
And they are boosting their free IFE offerings too, I really hope UA rethinks their IFE plans
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:36 am

warreng24 HNK-IAD should have free meals in Y too.

smxflyer - AA charges for their IFE domestically, so they have more incentive than UA to improve their offerings. (The free offerings are really limited.) That said, B6 is really upping their game on their A320s by making the IFE screens larger, adding on-demand movies/TV, and adding high-speed wi-fi. They're going to be the airline to beat for domestic IFE, provided they deliver. Of course, what makes sense for B6 might not make sense for UA and AA. Then again, B6 has a rather generous offering of snacks in Y!
Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by windhund
warreng24 HNK-IAD should have free meals in Y too.

smxflyer - AA charges for their IFE domestically, so they have more incentive than UA to improve their offerings. (The free offerings are really limited.) That said, B6 is really upping their game on their A320s by making the IFE screens larger, adding on-demand movies/TV, and adding high-speed wi-fi. They're going to be the airline to beat for domestic IFE, provided they deliver. Of course, what makes sense for B6 might not make sense for UA and AA. Then again, B6 has a rather generous offering of snacks in Y!
But AA announced today, they are increasing the amount of free entertainment on domestic flights. DL, B6, AA are all moving towards a large amount of free seatback IFE on a good majority of their longer domestic flights.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA
I had my waffle this morning, it was pretty good, not too sweet.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
This may be the ultimate in first world problems, but any chance the Stroopwafel will show up in the F cabin? Would be a really nice treat with the PDB.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
EWR-LAX this evening

no free snacks loaded

Good thing I am in business!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.