Search

Free snacks are back for United Economy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by minnyfly
Kings is like every airlines' vendor!
Have you flown AA or DL? lol I don't recall these other large airline having Kings onboard.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by televisor
The new snack mix seems to be a thing - I've had it consistently: here's a few photos:
Yup - got that yesterday as well. Like both of the old snack mixes better though.

Now perhaps they can concentrate on actually serving them on all flights. I'd say they haven't served a snack on ~30 - 40% of my flights since it started, all short-haul, and mostly, but not always, UAX
Old Aug 27, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by fly747first
Have you flown AA or DL? lol I don't recall these other large airline having Kings onboard.
I've had the Peterson's salt & pepper cashews (another King subrand/sibling brand) from the snack backet on AA. I don't recall if there was a manufacturer name on the pretzels for either DL or AA, but King does do private labeling also. AS' snack mix and current pretzels are King.

http://shop.kingnut.com/Airline-Products-C142.aspx
Old Aug 27, 2016, 5:27 pm

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by fly747first
Yep. Never seen a package not be Kings/King Nut. Their website lists basically all the domestic airlines as their customers.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 11:10 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
The old US Airways snack mix was also by King Nut.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So from my travels this weekend:

CVG-ORD - early afternoon - new snack mix - like the old options better
ORD-YYZ - afternoon - nothing, and apparently this hour and a half flight was too short for a full beverage cart, but I guess that's a little OT here
YYZ-ORD - morning - got the darn Peak Freans again - do they not have Stroopwafels boarded in Canada? Could they not double-cater on the flight up?
ORD-CVG - new snack mix

Just curious - anyone had anything new besides the savory? I didn't love the ranch mix, but did like the asian - and I did like that there was a bit of variety.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 8:32 am

I got the new savory yesterday, and frankly I love it.

Asian was too spicy, and forced me to order water, ranch was ok, but there were too many unidentifiables. Savory is a perfect mix (at least for me).

My understanding of the free snacks is that they are subject to change, and are meant to evolve from Stroop, Asian and Ranch. Hoping the Stroopwafel is around for a while though, on my flight from BGR-EWR a few weeks ago Lorna Doone cookies were served instead of stroopwafels, which seemed odd, since Nabisco products are rarely seen on airlines.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:08 pm
Suspended

UA Free Snack Policy

Flew UA today LAX-IAH-MCO (That in itself deserves it's own thread, so many aircraft swaps to 738's ) and I received the waffle with beverage/BOB service on the LAX-IAH leg, however on the IAH-MCO leg, there was no free snack at all, just regular beverage and BOB service. I'm just curious if only certain flights get free snacks, or if they forgot to load it/lazy FA's.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by airplanegod
if they forgot to load it/lazy FA's.
I believe you've answered your own question.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 12:13 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by airplanegod
Flew UA today LAX-IAH-MCO (That in itself deserves it's own thread, so many aircraft swaps to 738's ) and I received the waffle with beverage/BOB service on the LAX-IAH leg, however on the IAH-MCO leg, there was no free snack at all, just regular beverage and BOB service. I'm just curious if only certain flights get free snacks, or if they forgot to load it/lazy FA's.
I think was lazy FA's, IAH is a hub so not loading snacks can happen but is unlikely.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess I have been lucky that my "no snack" rate has been really low - maybe 1 out of 100 flights.

I did not like the Ranch one. The Asian and Savory ones are great.

I can't get up early so have had very few breakfast flights. That Stroopwafel is just great - not as sweet as you fear / expect and it feels very satisfying. (I know it is not exactly the healthiest.) Apparently there are different flavors of it - I wonder if UA will try different flavors.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by rustykettel
I've had the Peterson's salt & pepper cashews (another King subrand/sibling brand) from the snack backet on AA. I don't recall if there was a manufacturer name on the pretzels for either DL or AA, but King does do private labeling also. AS' snack mix and current pretzels are King.

http://shop.kingnut.com/Airline-Products-C142.aspx
Just flew AA yesterday. Pretzels are definitely King Nut. WN also gets their peanuts/pretzels from them.

It looks like they also sell UA's current snack mix in the airline size packets and the old US version in a 10 oz. bag. They're not outrageously priced either...
Old Oct 5, 2016, 4:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
RDU-ORD 5:30 PM Yesterday: no snack, second afternoon flight in a row for me with no snacks

ORD-RDU 6:00 AM Today: Stroopwafel!
Old Nov 17, 2016, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was on CVG-ORD departing at 12:30pm Sunday. Suprised to get the stroopwafel as the snack that late. Hey...I'm definitely not complaining - I'd be happy with the option for a stroopwafel on all flights that have a snack, and perhaps makes up for the morning flights I've taken where there's been something else.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 10:49 am

got the stoopwafel the other day... I wouldn't have paid 25 cents for it at 7-Eleven.... not that it wasn't tasty and loaded with carbs and sugar, but I just wouldn't have pulled out a quarter to buy it at 7-Eleven. While I was eating it, I kept wondering "so... this is what it feels like to fly on Air Koryo?"(the official airline of North Korea)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.