Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Will UA Grant 2016 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/{PQD} Short of Qualifying in 2015?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will UA Grant 2016 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/{PQD} Short of Qualifying in 2015?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2015, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold; *G; Marriott Gold; Hertz 5*

After my trip from ORD to SZX and back, my total totals will be

PQM: 49,554
PQD: $5,893

I would hope for a bump to Gold being that close but a cheap ticket to anywhere would do the trick as well I suppose, I just really want Gold for 2016.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Lord Kronos
After my trip from ORD to SZX and back, my total totals will be

PQM: 49,554
PQD: $5,893

I would hope for a bump to Gold being that close but a cheap ticket to anywhere would do the trick as well I suppose, I just really want Gold for 2016.
a short trip is worth it. They won't bump you up ... not like you spent $30k or something they'll want to recognize.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold; *G; Marriott Gold; Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by cfischer
a short trip is worth it. They won't bump you up ... not like you spent $30k or something they'll want to recognize.
Ok thanks that's what I thought...

I think I am going to take a weekend vacation in Las Vegas.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 10:18 pm

Estimated year end PQM 106400, PQD $4500, mainly due to 3x RT SJC/HKG J tickets ticketed in NH stocks instead of UA stocks by corporate TA. Is it possible to ask UA for waive of PQD for 1K and promise UA that I will ask corporate TA to ticket in UA tickets next year for the joint venture flights?
Old Oct 16, 2015, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by z8108
Estimated year end PQM 106400, PQD $4500, mainly due to 3x RT SJC/HKG J tickets ticketed in NH stocks instead of UA stocks by corporate TA. Is it possible to ask UA for waive of PQD for 1K and promise UA that I will ask corporate TA to ticket in UA tickets next year for the joint venture flights?
No harm in asking, but your PQD is probably far to too low (wouldn't even qualify for Gold). Why would UA believe a "promise to ticket on UA"?
Old Oct 16, 2015, 10:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
OP why didn't you ticket NH back to NH? NH has an decent miles evaluation compared to UA.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
My four year old daughter is going to be something like $40 PQD short of qualifying for silver (she has already met the PQM threshold). Any ideas? I would happily pay the $40 to United but I suspect that I'll have to fly somewhere with her, if I even bother. Not sure yet.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by JNelson113
My four year old daughter is going to be something like $40 PQD short of qualifying for silver (she has already met the PQM threshold). Any ideas? I would happily pay the $40 to United but I suspect that I'll have to fly somewhere with her, if I even bother. Not sure yet.
In your case, I'd call and/or write and see if there's anyone empowered to make an exception. 4 years old with $3k pqd is pretty impressive, plus you're a legit 1K. Can't hurt to ask.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
In your case, I'd call and/or write and see if there's anyone empowered to make an exception. 4 years old with $3k pqd is pretty impressive, plus you're a legit 1K. Can't hurt to ask.
Thanks so much! I would not have thought of that. I'll call and report back here.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JNelson113
Thanks so much! I would not have thought of that. I'll call and report back here.
Also consider buying your daughter her own E+ seat on your next flight.

This might involve you calling in and saying you really want to pay for it versus getting it waived (assuming on the same PNR). Or you have to split the PNR and then pay for E+.

That should do it for her.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 5:14 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K
I expect to have 97k PQM by the end of the year, as well as close to $15k PQD. Do you think UA might still give me 1K status? Or am I wishful thinking...
Old Oct 30, 2015, 6:13 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by Mikity
I expect to have 97k PQM by the end of the year, as well as close to $15k PQD. Do you think UA might still give me 1K status? Or am I wishful thinking...
If 1K status is important to you, you can't afford to "think" something will work. You just gotta fly the miles or buy them (accelerator). There have been just as many reports of people not being granted status with a minor shortfall as have been. And even if they do gift you status, it wouldn't be until after offering a buy-up opportunity, making you sweat (and the buy-up offer will be a whole lot more expensive than flying).
Old Nov 19, 2015, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
My situation. Currently sitting at 43.6k PQM/52.5 PQS. I've got one rt booked to ORD which will put me at just north of 47k PQM/54.5 PQS. I had a business trip that got cancelled this week (transcon that would have easily put me over 50k). But, my PQD is way over the requirement, sitting at almost $9300 right now and the ORD trip will put me over $9800.

So what are the chances they'll look at my PQD and see the cancelled ticket and grant me Gold again? Or am I destined for a mid-con MR? It's time like this that I wished they granted status based on $ alone since we all know that's what they really care about....
Old Nov 20, 2015, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by jasonvr
So what are the chances they'll look at my PQD and see the cancelled ticket and grant me Gold again?
Zer. I'd plan a trip.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 11:45 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Emerald Club Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum Pro
So just added up my PQD and looks like I'll be $6 dollars short for Platinum. This is including the remainder of my travel for the year.

Do you think UA will still process me through if I'm short $6 PQD? I'll be at 103 segments for the year.

If not if I buy an upgrade one of my remaining flights will that count towards PQD?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.