Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Will UA Grant 2016 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/{PQD} Short of Qualifying in 2015?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will UA Grant 2016 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/{PQD} Short of Qualifying in 2015?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2015, 11:54 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The MP Chase Club regardless of spend waives the 4 UA operated segment requirement. (And provides UC membership).
The existing Chase card waives the PQD requirement for Plat or lower -- the two make status just a PQM issue.
Thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2015, 12:55 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
Ugh. Doing the math, I may be about 3000 miles short of 1k (unless I have another surprise trip- not unlikely). Should have credited a couple of SQ flights earlier in the year...

Just in case, is it possible still to buy premier accelerator miles still using a fully refundable ticket and then cancel the ticket if I don't need to fly, or has that ship sailed? Any idea what the going rate is for them? Do you always get asked if you'd like to purchase, or is it hit or miss?
Old Dec 7, 2015, 1:04 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Singapore_Schwing
.... Just in case, is it possible still to buy premier accelerator miles still using a fully refundable ticket and then cancel the ticket if I don't need to fly, or has that ship sailed? ...
Yes still possible , just likely pricey

....Any idea what the going rate is for them? ...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...es-2015-a.html

Easy to check for yourself, my present PQM offer is for 25 cpm.

....Do you always get asked if you'd like to purchase, or is it hit or miss?
It always available
Old Dec 7, 2015, 1:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just in case, is it possible still to buy premier accelerator miles still using a fully refundable ticket and then cancel the ticket if I don't need to fly, or has that ship sailed? Any idea what the going rate is for them? Do you always get asked if you'd like to purchase, or is it hit or miss?
Fully viable. It's always offered on my itineraries, including award itineraries.

Pricing for the PQM is variable. If you need 3K to make 1K, it's probably going to be high.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Does Premier Accelerator give you PQS also, or just PQM?
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Does Premier Accelerator give you PQS also, or just PQM?
Just PQMs.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by slippahs
Just PQMs.
Oh well, looks like I'm in for finding just 1 more PQS somewhere.

Projected EOY stats (without one more segment):
44,975 PQM
59 PQS
$12k+ PQD

Any chance they comp me Gold, being 1 PQS short and double the required PQD?

I did have to switch from a connecting flight to non-stop last week to avoid a missed connection due to delays; and cancellation of a trip to BRU due to client's travel policy following the Paris attacks. Otherwise, I would have been well over PQM, PQS, and PQD requirements for Gold.

EDIT:
Well, I'm a happy camper. I had contacted the MP svc ctr about my situation and they are proactively requesting ORC for the SDC to a non-stop from a connection due to the high probability of misconnect. That gets me to 60 PQS, so no exceptions or single segment "run" is required. I emailed them this morning and got a response the same day!

Kudos, MPSC-guy-who-shall-remain-nameless! That actually is Flyer Friendly

Last edited by gobluetwo; Dec 7, 2015 at 4:07 pm Reason: follow-up from MP svc center
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Oh well, looks like I'm in for finding just 1 more PQS somewhere.

Projected EOY stats (without one more segment):
44,975 PQM
59 PQS
$12k+ PQD

Any chance they comp me Gold, being 1 PQS short and double the required PQD?

I did have to switch from a connecting flight to non-stop last week to avoid a missed connection due to delays; and cancellation of a trip to BRU due to client's travel policy following the Paris attacks. Otherwise, I would have been well over PQM, PQS, and PQD requirements for Gold.

EDIT:
Well, I'm a happy camper. I had contacted the MP svc ctr about my situation and they are proactively requesting ORC for the SDC to a non-stop from a connection due to the high probability of misconnect. That gets me to 60 PQS, so no exceptions or single segment "run" is required. I emailed them this morning and got a response the same day!

Kudos, MPSC-guy-who-shall-remain-nameless! That actually is Flyer Friendly
Awesome!
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like I am going to finish the year at just under 93K PQM, about 77 PQS and almost $16K PQD. I don't hold much hope they will grant me 1K (previous 10 year 1K in the late 90's and 2000's and Million Miler). But I will ask anyway. Accelerator rates for me are in excess of 2.3 cents/mile for RDM and 35 cents per mile for PQM. Way too expensive.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: UA Silver, DL Silver (MM), HH LT Diamond, MR LT Platinum
PQM: 132,103
PQS: 42.5
PQD: $11,707

No more travel scheduled. May have to do a PQD run. Don't think that United will grant 1K for 2016 being $293 short.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:42 pm

I am Gold Status now, I will be at 49,363 PQM/ 56 PQS/ $12,000 PQD at the end of the year. I've already called United and found exactly what you're saying, they're not going to grant me Gold Status. So my question is, do I need to book a cheap trip (having a hard time finding something under $500 that fits my current travel schedule) or do I pay for the accelerator? I've never purchased the accelerator before, I have not paid attention to the price when they've asked me in the past. Any advice?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
MODS, would it be possible to turn this into a 2016 Thread? Happy Holidays and Safe Travels
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:14 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
MODS, would it be possible to turn this into a 2016 Thread? Happy Holidays and Safe Travels
You are qualifying now in 2015 for status in 2016. It will be a 9+ months before being short in 2016 will become an issue.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
You are qualifying now in 2015 for status in 2016. It will be a 9+ months before being short in 2016 will become an issue.
Never to soon to plan ahead I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification..
Old Dec 16, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Platinum, Hilton Silver, Hertz Gold
United Silver

Short 800 miles and $130 qualified spend to hit Silver (switched over from American halfway through this year). Any shot United may just give me Silver if i ask? Is it worth paying for a mileage run for Silver?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.