FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA serving illy’s world-class coffee (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1725664-ua-serving-illy-s-world-class-coffee.html)

UA Insider Nov 19, 2015 8:30 am

UA serving illy’s world-class coffee

Hi everyone,

We’re excited to announce that we have selected illycaffe to be our new coffee partner on flights worldwide and in United Clubs. Beginning as soon as next month, illy’s signature scuro dark roast and espresso will be served in United Club locations at our mainland U.S. hubs. Other lounge locations will offer illy in 2016, with the scuro dark roast coming to flights worldwide next summer.

Some of you have been involved in the extensive taste testing process and others have provided passionate feedback regarding the importance of coffee. With all of the insight we received, we landed on illy as it reflects our global network as well as our commitment to creating a premium experience.

For more, see our post on United Airtime.

-UA Insider

zrs70 Nov 19, 2015 8:33 am

Great news!!

tcdtcd Nov 19, 2015 8:33 am

Great news!! And a great choice of brand, IMO!^

fivevsone Nov 19, 2015 8:33 am

Very happy to hear this.

jhayes_1780 Nov 19, 2015 8:33 am

Originally Posted by UA Insider (Post 25739774)
We’re excited to announce that we have selected illycaffe to be our new coffee partner on flights worldwide and in United Clubs.

Soooo long fresh poo

dmurphynj Nov 19, 2015 8:34 am

EXCELLENT CHOICE!

Great news indeed. Thanks for the heads up and making us coffee drinkers happy!

Now, instead of the "free drink for 1K" promo if we could make it "free cappuccino for 1K" onboard...... (hey, a guy can dream right?!)

Thanks again -- glad to see United is listening and picked a real winner. Wonder if this is what I had when I boarded EWR-DEN the other day? Clearly a different coffee than the usual (and different than what I had inflight!)

Kacee Nov 19, 2015 8:34 am

Originally Posted by UA Insider (Post 25739774)
with the scuro dark roast coming to flights worldwide next summer

Looks like quite a bit more Via in my future.

xkr0p Nov 19, 2015 8:37 am

Coming soon to United: illy’s world-class coffee

Finally a change I can get behind! Great news.

mherdeg Nov 19, 2015 8:38 am

Will espresso be served onboard aircraft again?

cerealmarketer Nov 19, 2015 8:38 am

Great choice for a global brand. Joining Cathay and ANA serving it.

And Peets was far too Bay Area provincial.

8 month wait though...

dcsnowwake Nov 19, 2015 8:43 am

please put cappuccino makers on board now!

LASUA1K Nov 19, 2015 8:44 am

Awesome news! I would love if they would serve the little iced espresso shot drinks. Those are good for a can.

I just wish we could get it a bit faster.... Summer is a long ways away. Either way, I'm happy it's not Peets!

JetAway Nov 19, 2015 8:54 am

Excellent choice!! I have one of their espresso makers and love it (with their espresso pods).

eflyte Nov 19, 2015 8:55 am

A change I will like!!

Exleftseat Nov 19, 2015 9:15 am

Although this is only one tiny step in the right direction, all I can say what a stark contrast between Oscar and Jeff. Let's hope for more good things to
happen.