Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Targeted Promo?] Bonus RDM miles for Higher Fares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted Promo?] Bonus RDM miles for Higher Fares

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
Got the email. Thought UA might be recognizing the lack of business I've given them this year. But nope. Ineligible.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
GS friend got offer but came back ineligible.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA MM, Marriott LT Plat
Another PS promotion - RDM only - Registration Fail

I got an email for a "special flight offer" which offers RDM for PS flights. No PQM or RPU's so I think this is a bit different than the previous offers discussed in another thread.

The best part : When I go to register, .bomb says I'm not eligible. Right, for this "personalized" email that invited me to register for this special offer. Ok...

I'm not expecting to be able to take advantage of PS flights anyway, so not a big deal, just funny that I'm not eligible for the offer which they told me to sign up for. Same issue as earlier this year for a different promo.

Details from my email:

Earn bonus award miles each time you fly for up to 50,000 miles.

Because you are a valued Premier® Platinum member, we are pleased to offer you an exclusive opportunity to earn up to 6,000 bonus award miles when you fly paid qualifying segments on United through February 29, 2016. Better yet, you can earn this bonus each time you fly for up to 50,000 award miles. Simply register for this promotion, book your flight and fly.

■ Register by December 31, 2015
■ Book your travel by February 29, 2016
■ Complete travel between December 1, 2015, and February 29, 2016

Terms and conditions
1. Only original recipients of an email invitation to the offer can register and participate in this promotion.
2. Registration is required by December 31, 2015.
3. To qualify for this offer, eligible members must register, purchase and complete paid, qualifying flights in F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U and H fare classes to any destination worldwide within the qualifying ticketing and travel periods. For this offer, "Longer segments" are defined as those with a scheduled distance of at least 3,000 miles or the p.s.® routes between New York/Newark (EWR) and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO). "Shorter segments" are non-p.s. routes with a scheduled distance of less than 3,000 miles. Distance determinations will be made by United Airlines® at its discretion.
4. Ticketing dates: November 17, 2015, and February 29, 2016.
5. Travel dates: Offer is valid for travel beginning on or after December 1, 2015, and completed on or before February 29, 2016.
6. The offer is valid on paid qualifying segments flown on United® or United Express® and it is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing.
7. Bonus may be earned for a maximum of 50,000 bonus award miles in accordance with these terms and conditions.
8. Bonus award miles do not count toward Premier® status qualification or Million Miler status.
9. The offer is not valid on government fares.
10. Passenger must be a member of the United MileagePlus® program for travel to qualify for this offer.
11. Qualifying flight activities must be credited to the MileagePlus account in order to qualify for this offer.
12. This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
13. Award tickets and tickets that are not eligible to earn award miles do not qualify for this offer.
14. Bonus award miles will post to your account 6-8 weeks after the promotion ends on February 29, 2016.
15. E-Ticket® purchase is required. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.
16. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
Same here...

I'm a 1k and got a similar email yet received error message and "not eligible". Annoying.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 12:58 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by spin88
When Oscar comes back, job one ought to be a find and replace for anyone in IT who advocated for Shares or had anything to do with PMCO IT.
I don't want to turn this into a PMCO vs. PMUA discussion, but I don't think the problem is PMCO IT. I never encountered any IT problems on either PMCO or PMUA, but since the merger I've encountered a bunch. That suggests to me that the problems come from the badly run merger, not from one pre-merger company or the other.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:01 pm

can someone post the link to register for UA promos I lost my bookmark.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:06 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by myb821
can someone post the link to register for UA promos I lost my bookmark.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app.../register.aspx
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
No email.
Try promo/MP: Get a blank page that says "Offer" with a printer friendly view.
Try when not logged in and input MP#: ! We could not process your request. Please see the message below and make revisions. InvalidPromotionCode

Tried with TD511 and TD5111 and same result on both.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: MP Ag, former 1K
My failed promo code was TB5M11
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
GS friend got offer but came back ineligible.
The level of incompetence at United is amazing.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; HH Diamond; GM for everything else
Same here, received email but can't register (not qualified).
Old Nov 17, 2015, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
My wife (Gold companion to this 1MM) received the offer, and shockingly I *was* able to register her. Purely academic exercise, though; don't expect we'll have qualifying travel.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 4:04 pm

I am a 1K and got the same, personalized offer. I was then roundly rejected when I tried to register. Another reason why I won't be a 1K in 2016 or any other year going forward.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 4:43 pm

I got the email and clicked the link this morning and was told I was not eligible. I tried again this afternoon and it worked, so my guess is it was just an IT bug and if you try again you might be able to register.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: MP Ag, former 1K
Originally Posted by kapstone
I got the email and clicked the link this morning and was told I was not eligible. I tried again this afternoon and it worked, so my guess is it was just an IT bug and if you try again you might be able to register.
Tried again 2 minutes ago, and it went through and registered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.