Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 13, 2015, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United Opens New Clubs as Part of $100 Million Investment to Transform Lounge Experience 13 Nov 2015
The nearly 5,000-square-foot Atlanta United Club opens today. The club features stunning panoramic views of the airport as well as seating for more than 100 people, giving travelers a comfortable and convenient airport getaway where they can unwind during their journeys. The modern design also features vintage aviation artwork throughout the club, and visiting customers may dine on complimentary fresh-food choices, including yogurt and fresh fruit; muffins in rotating flavors of cinnamon and blueberry; sliced red bell peppers with hummus; rotating seasonal soups; and spicy Bloody Mary trail mix.

The Atlanta club is located between gates 11 and 12 at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport's Concourse T, on the mezzanine level.
Print Wikipost

Inside Look: UC @ ATL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott-Gold
It really reminds me of ORD F club, except its a lot smaller, (its surprisingly small) and with no bar. Also, how hard is it to offer some coffee or tea lids, so I can take my coffee to go?!!

I found it funny that its right above AA gates, looking out at the AA planes, not a UA plane in sight. Very nice staff
Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:34 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Honestly, I don't worry much about the interior appearance of a club; I'm more concerned with the actual amenities... and the UC falls short on that front. It doesn't matter how they renovate or open a new club.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
Originally Posted by milepig
I'm surprised. Is there any other domestic United Club with self-serve booze?
HNL
Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by transportbiz
HNL
Since when? I've always had to order from the bar.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 10:16 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
HNL
Nope HNL has a bartender in the back. Only UA clubs that I've seen with self-serve are international
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
HNL
Nope.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Perhaps confusing with the Admiral's Club? They have free pour spirits there, or at least in the evening when there are international OW departures using the lounge.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I visited the ATL club today and was impressed with the ramp views, large vintage UAL photos and spaciousness of the lounge. However, I think there could have been some more color incorporated into the design, like LHR, with some more blue/gold. The white/grey is a bit sterile. Also, I would prefer a partition between the restroom entrances and the seating area. When the doors open, you are afforded a view right into the bathrooms and I just find that unpleasant.

Overall, though, it's a major improvement over the old PC in D and easily preferable to the AC across the hall on T.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Bathrooms?

Can I assume that they have upgraded to normal M/F multi-user restrooms as opposed to the "one holer" in the old CO club in D?
Old Nov 21, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by elitefreak
Can I assume that they have upgraded to normal M/F multi-user restrooms as opposed to the "one holer" in the old CO club in D?
Yeah, that restroom was ... unique. Don't think I've ever been in any other UC that has a separate waiting room just for the loo!

I'll be in ATL in 2 weeks - looking forward to seeing the staff again - they're easily my favorite in the system (well, them and the LGA crew... They've saved my bacon many times.)
Old Nov 21, 2015, 4:55 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Amusingly, the old "one-holer" is no more. Delta who took over the old PC/UC and turned it into a Skyclub turned the bathroom into a broom closet.

I learned this the hard way last week when I opened the door.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
Amusingly, the old "one-holer" is no more. Delta who took over the old PC/UC and turned it into a Skyclub turned the bathroom into a broom closet.

I learned this the hard way last week when I opened the door.
So there's no bathroom? Seems like a dumb move.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 12:03 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by elitefreak
So there's no bathroom? Seems like a dumb move.
Nope, when I opened the closet one of the desk agents told me I'd have to go back into the concourse. I hate lounges without bathrooms.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Nope, when I opened the closet one of the desk agents told me I'd have to go back into the concourse. I hate lounges without bathrooms.
Way back when, the old CO lounge in D had nothing either. Back to the future . . .
Old Nov 22, 2015, 6:30 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
TOPIC CHECK

This is a discussion about the new United Club at ATL. Please discuss DL and their restrooms over in the DL Forum

goalie
UA Forum Co-Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.