Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Tier above Global Services - Chairman's Circle

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tier above Global Services - Chairman's Circle

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2021, 2:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by paperwastage
for allocating corporate benefits? hard to say

United (UA) Pass Plus Secure/ Flex -- Benefits, Value, Questions .... [Consolidated]
United hands out certain # of free statuses, based on your company's commitment.
this is explicitly listed out (not a secret), not really a bribe
I'm sure larger companies have no issue negotiating even better benefits (more free statuses per $) than the explicit examples

how does the travel department dole the statuses out internally? I'm guess they have some internal policy to prevent favortism/nepotism, or even have it as a raffle/contest internally instead of just giving it to the top X travellers
those are out of date. United now gives out a certain number of dollars depending on how much you commit and you can buy anything with those dollars. Miles, plus points, any status, economy plus, United club memberships, United club passes, ETC’s basically anything.
Old May 9, 2021, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
For most/all big companies, there's the company policies on travel. Then there are the executive privileges of travel.
And a lot of Executives are not formal employees like the rank and file. Where I work, everyone at the Executive level, and plenty of them exist, all work under contract. They have travel perks - and a long list of compensation outside of just monetary compensation. On the flip side, some don't have their contracts renewed.

Last edited by HNLbasedFlyer; May 9, 2021 at 3:06 pm
Old May 9, 2021, 2:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I thought the tier above Global Services was "Free Agent".
SteveHK, st530, n8-the-gr8 and 1 others like this.
Old May 9, 2021, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I thought the tier above Global Services was "Free Agent".
hhhahahaha CC>free agent>GS
Old May 9, 2021, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
On the flip side, some don't have their contracts removed.
Renewed?

David
HNLbasedFlyer likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 3:06 pm

Programs: United 4MM GS, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Thanks for sharing.

This means those of us who are both lifetime GS and lifetime UC members are effectively in the CC in terms benefits.
Or... since GS now gets UC access, LT GS ~= CC?
wxguy likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by LifetimeGS
Or... since GS now gets UC access, LT GS ~= CC?
Unless there is such a thing as LT CC (doubt there is), I think you win! LT GS > CC (subject to annual qualification)👍
Old May 9, 2021, 5:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Unless there is such a thing as LT CC (doubt there is), I think you win! LT GS > CC (subject to annual qualification)👍
This makes me think that Lifetime GS could be the best status in the world. No annual qualification and insane benefits. I think a lifetime CK would be better but it doesn’t exist.
TheLifeOfA_NKCM likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
This makes me think that Lifetime GS could be the best status in the world. No annual qualification and insane benefits. I think a lifetime CK would be better but it doesn’t exist.
And some of us, me included - got a regular lifetime UC membership at 2MM miles which is no longer available.

Although I'm grateful for I where I land on the upgrade list, I don't find the benefits to be "insane"
uanj, deek and dkc715 like this.
Old May 10, 2021, 6:15 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by paperwastage
for allocating corporate benefits? hard to say

United (UA) Pass Plus Secure/ Flex -- Benefits, Value, Questions .... [Consolidated]
United hands out certain # of free statuses, based on your company's commitment.
this is explicitly listed out (not a secret), not really a bribe
I'm sure larger companies have no issue negotiating even better benefits (more free statuses per $) than the explicit examples

how does the travel department dole the statuses out internally? I'm guess they have some internal policy to prevent favortism/nepotism, or even have it as a raffle/contest internally instead of just giving it to the top X travellers
At some top tier companies you can buy into raffles for status based on how much money you save by purchasing less expensive than expected business travel airfare.
Old May 10, 2021, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA GS (1MM), DL Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Avis CC
Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
It makes a ton of sense. A person who controls 5 million plus allows the economics to work. If these chairman’s circles happen to be in economy giving them a free upgrade to Polaris is very different than giving a global services a free upgrade. A Person with GS giving them CPUs on Polaris routes could lose United tons. However a chairman’s circle it would account for a tiny percent of the contract and it keeps the cc happy.

From the CC cards I have seen it clearly says they are a CC and not a GS. When you login on United does it say they are a CC or a GS? If it does how is it possible that the CC account say they are a CC but a phone rep can’t see that. Confusing. Also if you don’t mind be asking, what was your job it sounds super interesting. We’re you in charge of giving out CC.
Printing something on a card and what is baked into the IT framework are totally different animals. The 'system' reads CC as GS+Club.

I was Chief of Staff to a C-suite exec for a few years (had a few roles at United before that). I LOVED the job and the exec I worked for. The particular department I was in had a ton of leeway to give out statuses, etc. Sadly, COVID killed a lot of the corporate jobs that weren't essential or revenue generating and I was part of that cut in late 2020. My feelings about management in how this was handled (not just for me, but many of us who left the company) are a story for another time.
SPN Lifer, SF_DUKE, donjo and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.