Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

No more coffee to-go cups in UCs {temporary??}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 26, 2015, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback. This is not a permanent decision. We were forced to select a new disposable cup vendor with little notice and are in the process of reviewing potential suppliers. We are also currently reviewing coffee suppliers for our clubs. We hope to have a decision about both soon and appreciate your patience during this time.

-UA Insider
Print Wikipost

No more coffee to-go cups in UCs {temporary??}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2015, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Boo_Radley
And wine.
Well, if it wasn't tea, it was usually a martini.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I noticed a bit ago that the on-board cups were co-branded with the Fresh Poo logo. Were the cups in the United Club the same?

Not re-stocking the disposable cups might be great news that a better coffee is on the horizon.

If that is the case, I am more then willing to live without to-go cups for a month if it means good coffee replaces the swill.
This actually happened at Costco when they switched from Coke to Pepsi in the café.

There was a period where they had generic cups when the switchover didn't totally coincide with the availability of Pepsi cups.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I noticed a bit ago that the on-board cups were co-branded with the Fresh Poo logo. Were the cups in the United Club the same?...
No, they had "United" on 'em.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Boo_Radley
And wine.
In a paper coffee cup? I'd say that's a bit low class but that SICKamore wine has no class so paper cups seem fine.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by oswaldjacoby
While the United Clubs are waiting for a new disposable cups supplier, any reason why one of the staff can't make a Costco run and buy a supply of cups?
Easier option - go to one of the other airlines' clubs and ask for a supply of their branded cups. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to provide all the cups the UC would need.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Easier option - go to one of the other airlines' clubs and ask for a supply of their branded cups. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to provide all the cups the UC would need.
DL doesn't have to-go cups (at least the last time I was at one.)
Old Oct 28, 2015, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by WIRunner
DL doesn't have to-go cups (at least the last time I was at one.)
Correct. And you'd actually want to take their (new) coffee to go!
Old Oct 28, 2015, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I was at the LAS UC today and they had paper cups (blank), but they were out of coffee when I was leaving......
Old Oct 29, 2015, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ORD B6. This morning. Plenty of go cups on the rack. They are branded "poo brew".

I had to wait while the person in front of me broke the coffee machine. She had the whole thing torn apart.

Last edited by milepig; Oct 29, 2015 at 5:53 am
Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:56 am

Location: UA 1K 3MM, UA 1P/1K since mid '80s; CO Bronze/Silver since mid 80's, Austin, Texas
In DEN East club last week. No to go cups. I happened to see one of the maids that clean and clear things getting a cup of coffee for herself — in a paper cup!

Where can I get such a cup, I asked. Cannot. There are none. But you have access to them! Please get me one. No. I cannot, she replied.

Hoooboy, I think to myself. Smisek affected the corporate culture pretty deep to deprive over-entitled people like me of our profligate consumption of coffee. So I made my own cup by putting a paper napkin between two of the plastic disposable cold cups.

On my way out, with my improvised hot cup, I expressed my displeasure to two of the desk agents. One them proceeded to tell me that it is all part of providing us a more upscale experience. No more of the ratty looking, paper things. We are now much more posh and fancy.

So we now get to emerge from the UC with fancy looking cups like these? I asked holding up my hot cup contraption. Thats' ridiculous, I said, because you do provide plastic cold cups. How upscale is that? And of all things, the cleaning people have access to paper hot cups. Silence.

So the Smisek corporate culture goes beyond mindless cost cutting. It involves flat-out lying to peoples' face.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 11:31 am

Angry No more Hot cups?

In DEN UA Club. Staff here is telling me they have eliminated to-go hot beverage cups. I haven't been transferring through other hubs lately so I'm not going to have an opportunity to see if this is more widespread. Looks like Hot Coco got the axe as well. Has anyone else been seeing this?

-MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT-
Old Nov 14, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
Originally Posted by CSUBrian
In DEN UA Club. Staff here is telling me they have eliminated to-go hot beverage cups. I haven't been transferring through other hubs lately so I'm not going to have an opportunity to see if this is more widespread. Looks like Hot Coco got the axe as well. Has anyone else been seeing this?

-MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT-
To-go cups @ ORD B8 today. No food 10:30 a.m. - 11 a.m., but plenty of to-go cups.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Disappointed to see no to-go cups in the IAD D lounge this morning. I was headed out of A and wanted to stop in quick for a bite and a cup of coffee (with a second one to go). Food spread was pretty good for breakfast this morning, but I had to basically chug my second cup so I could run off to the bus. A face full of that stuff is enough to wake anybody up, and I don't mean because of the caffeine
Old Nov 14, 2015, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lskohn
To-go cups @ ORD B8 today. No food 10:30 a.m. - 11 a.m., but plenty of to-go cups.
You get one, or the other!
Old Nov 14, 2015, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL MM
Haven't been on the forum for a while but can add that InCycle went out of business with no advance notice, and UA inventories kept the clubs going for what I estimate to be around 60 days. The double-wall paper cups with UA branding seemed to appear in Chicago first, but then disappeared - so not sure why that happened. I know the industry pretty well so can say with a high degree of confidence that there are multiple options available today for UA to select.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.