Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Equipment Swap from Scheduled Lie-flat to Domestic First

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Equipment Swap from Scheduled Lie-flat to Domestic First

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Phil Level
Appears that LAX-EWR Flt 2304 tomorrow (Apr 5) got downgraded
Downgraded to what?

David
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
Downgraded to what?

David
You need to follow the latest posts in this thread as the downgrade has been discussed. The downgrade is to a 757-300 aircraft that does not have lie-flat seats. This has been happening occasionally during the past week on transcons flights. Not good.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nycityny
You need to follow the latest posts in this thread as the downgrade has been discussed. The downgrade is to a 757-300 aircraft that does not have lie-flat seats. This has been happening occasionally during the past week on transcons flights. Not good.
Uh, I'm one of those who posted about flying a replacement 753 above. The post I quoted did not specifically identify what the downgrade a/c is/was.

David
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: Fomerly UA 1K, now Gold... next year, who knows?
Downgraded to what?

David
Downgraded to 753. 24F, not lay-flat seats.
Also, the Wifi system was giving the purser trouble, they rebooted it a few times, and about an hour into the flight, it finally came up.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also, the Wifi system was giving the purser trouble, they rebooted it a few times, and about an hour into the flight, it finally came up.
Thanks! But unfortunate - sounds like you were on the same A/C that we were sent on a day or two earlier.

David
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cfischer
in this particular instance they should. Back to Front is wrong anyway w/o prioritizing GS/1K.

I hope UA fixes this till I fly LAX-BOS this Saturday ... would not be happy with a 753!
got the expected 752
Old Apr 7, 2019, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

a colleague recent got a $1000 ETC for a 752 --> 753 swap. Let us know what they are offering.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

a colleague recent got a $1000 ETC for a 752 --> 753 swap. Let us know what they are offering.
Well, FWIW, I pointed out a) 752 -> 753 downgrade; b) specifically chose 21D on 752 for exit row recline whereas 21D on 753 does not recline; c) 1 hour 20 minute late departure from SFO; d) INVOL breakage of all downstream segments due to late SFO departure; e) inop WiFi/entertainment in my post to customercare..

Result: $175 ETC.

Whatever.

David
Old Apr 13, 2019, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, FWIW, I pointed out a) 752 -> 753 downgrade; b) specifically chose 21D on 752 for exit row recline whereas 21D on 753 does not recline; c) 1 hour 20 minute late departure from SFO; d) INVOL breakage of all downstream segments due to late SFO departure; e) inop WiFi/entertainment in my post to customercare..

Result: $175 ETC.

Whatever.

David
well, of course that was a downgrade from lie-flat to recliner ... not coach ... $175 seems fair for that
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
$175 seems fair for that
Not even close.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

well, of course that was a downgrade from lie-flat to recliner ... not coach ... $175 seems fair for that
I wasn't expecting an $1,000 ETC. However, given the breakage to my trip that the MX swap/delay caused as well as the INOP WiFi beyond the non-recline Y seat, I still would assert that something above $250 would have been more appropriate.

David
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:20 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Personally, I'd say they were pretty stingy. I mean, does $175 cover the fare difference between Business and a similar itinerary in domestic first (with a connection of course)? If not, then I would be expecting at least that much.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by diburning
Personally, I'd say they were pretty stingy. I mean, does $175 cover the fare difference between Business and a similar itinerary in domestic first (with a connection of course)? If not, then I would be expecting at least that much.
business? Why business?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Several flights today SFO-BOS-SFO with 753. UA better fixes this quickly. I am seeing a lot of 752s elsewhere in the domestic network ... they must be paying a fortune in comps for the folks who got downgraded 28 --> 24 plus the 24 for not having lie-flat.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:13 am

Seeing a lot more reports of this recently. Is this related to removing MAX from the network? If so, it seems this will only worsen as we enter the summer season with no return of MAX anytime soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.