FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Premium Transcon Service SFO-EWR/BOS, LAX-EWR flights - Questions and Experiences (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1719061-premium-transcon-service-sfo-ewr-bos-lax-ewr-flights-questions-experiences.html)

mahasamatman Apr 30, 17 10:03 pm


Originally Posted by DrunkCargo (Post 28250229)
why only 1 double pdb buffalo trace, 1 double pre dinner, 1 single dinner, 1 single after dinner, 1 single after 2-stripe guy walks by and I ask?

Because flight attendants are responsible for making sure passengers don't get intoxicated.

DrunkCargo Apr 30, 17 10:17 pm


Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 28250301)
Because flight attendants are responsible for making sure passengers don't get intoxicated.

Then, what you say is "Would you like to try a single?" rather than, "We ran out of buffalo trace..."

I expect honesty, not mommy.

Anyhow, still over 60 minutes... staring at a huge bottle of water, and NO service for anyone row 5 or beyond from the FAs.

I guess we're all drunk? My handle, btw, is a bit tongue and cheek... but yes, I'm fine being cut off. But tell me so, not like "oops, catering didn't put enough poo onboard"

Edit: Does UA only pass the F/J cabin every 130 minutes? Zero stripe, 2 stripe, even Y Blue Jumpers? Going to grab video of the whole flight next time. This is lame.

Edit2: And apparently, doubles are not in UA's policy. They're not supposed to serve doubles. Cute.

Kacee Apr 30, 17 10:28 pm


Originally Posted by DrunkCargo (Post 28250336)
Anyhow, still over 60 minutes... staring at a huge bottle of water, and NO service for anyone row 5 or beyond from the FAs.

Not typical for ps, but yes, bad service happens sometimes.

DrunkCargo Apr 30, 17 10:43 pm


Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 28250356)
Not typical for ps, but yes, bad service happens sometimes.

No, to be fair, I'm the only one awake "back" here. Rows 5 to Y are sleeping... I've dimmed my computer (of course)... just trying to understand what the norm is.

If it's meal craze for a couple hours, dump catering on dumbums in J (sorry, "F"), then.. ignore... that's fine.

I'm honestly just curious if that's the norm. This is my second p.s. flight in 40 years.. accustomed to YVR-YYZ/YYZ-YVR...

They've been very courteous, and well groomed and presentable...

Kacee May 1, 17 7:36 am


Originally Posted by DrunkCargo (Post 28250403)
I'm honestly just curious if that's the norm. This is my second p.s. flight in 40 years.. accustomed to YVR-YYZ/YYZ-YVR...

No it's not the norm. Though service has become less consistent since they ditched the dedicated ps crews.

physioprof May 1, 17 6:04 pm

If you want another drink in F, best way is to walk up to the galley and ask for one. Never had any response other than positive friendly.

lpro1111 May 2, 17 1:48 pm

Seat Map
 
Apologies if this has been asked or discussed previously. I am looking at a EWR-SFO flight in July and I see a new seat map. Instead of the traditional orange flat bed seats the map now shows blue seats. I assume this is an upgraded plane to the new Polaris seats? These are flat bed still, correct?
Obviously talking about business class

pushmyredbutton May 2, 17 1:50 pm

Yes, that's the 777-300ER with the new Polaris seating. They are flat bed and offer direct aisle access.

lpro1111 May 2, 17 1:51 pm

Thank you!

WineCountryUA May 2, 17 1:52 pm


Originally Posted by lpro1111 (Post 28258059)
Apologies if this has been asked or discussed previously. I am looking at a EWR-SFO flight in July and I see a new seat map. Instead of the traditional orange flat bed seats the map now shows blue seats. I assume this is an upgraded plane to the new Polaris seats? These are flat bed still, correct? ....

Yes, the 777-300 with Polaris seats are shown as blue in the seatmap. And yes they are lie-flat with all seat accessible from aisle.

jr0ck May 2, 17 4:48 pm


Originally Posted by Kryssa (Post 27767734)
Cookie I had last week was the same it's been since I've been flying PS the past year or so :)

Those cookies are the best!:D

xkr0p May 9, 17 8:10 am

Question about CPU on EWR-SFO
 
Having not flown any transcon since the JFK flights were pulled, I am unsure which flights (if any) constitute as P.S. anymore. I am flying EWR-SFO on UA1885 and UA1076. I notice in my reservation the usual blue upgrade eligible banner doesn't pop up. But I also notice no where does it say it is a P.S. flight or was it ever advertised as such. Does this mean the flight is CPU eligible?

Also a sidenote the EWR-SFO leg on 1885 is a 777-300ER so if not CPU I do hope I could get a RPU to clear to try out Polaris. Thanks!

IADFlyer123 May 9, 17 8:15 am

EWR-SFO (non-stops) are P.S. flights and not eligible for CPU. You could be eligible for CPUs if it is a one-stop flight say connecting in DEN/IAD/ORD/IAH.

xkr0p May 9, 17 8:19 am


Originally Posted by IADFlyer123 (Post 28288051)
EWR-SFO (non-stops) are P.S. flights and not eligible for CPU. You could be eligible for CPUs if it is a one-stop flight say connecting in DEN/IAD/ORD/IAH.

Okay thanks. I wasn't sure if it was every flight or just some! I'll burn one of my RPU's

emcampbe May 9, 17 8:19 am

All EWR-SFO (and LAX) flights are P.S., and therefore, are not eligible for CPU. You need to either buy into premium cabin, or use an RPU or mileage upgrade (co-pay is not waived on this route - unless on a full-fare ticket).

Essentially, these are the same as the flights that used to go to JFK. All are 752 (either P.S. with 16C, the ones that used to typically do international 24C) or the occasional 773.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:28 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.