Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2020, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Generally, UA does not do soft landings
-- GS exception -- May times fallen GS will receive 1K status (no upgrade certs) for the first year
-- Special circumstances -- Elite status "holds/leave of absence" (adoption, pregnancy, illness, deployment, ...)

"Soft landing" is where an individual who did not qualify for their previous elite status level is still given a higher level than they actually earned. Such as a previously UA GA is given 1K status even though they only earned Gold.
Print Wikipost

Does UA offer "soft status landings"?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dalagatan
Hi FT friends,

I changed jobs and am losing my 1K status. Likely falling deep in free fall down to Silver level.

question: I’ve heard one verbal account of another MP member who said that United still awarded them Gold status, even though they would have fallen from 1k down to Silver.

Anyone able to confirm / destroy this myth? Did not find anything on this when searching the forum. Trying to understand my chances since I’m debating if the Gold level is worth a Mileage Run.

Thank you!
Fly to/from locations served by Delta? You can match DL Plat with your 1K or wait till you drive to UA Silver and match that to DL Gold.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:12 am

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
I do not know if there is a "did not re-qualify" thread, but here is the data point.

6 year GS (Average spend over that time was 47k/year but has steadily declined each year since initial qualification)
Soft Landing to 1K
$37k spend
only 91,000pqm
57 pqs

I thought the soft landing was a nice touch, someone let me know if they change the handshake or the codes on the super secret GS lounges we are not supposed to talk about please.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.