FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Everything You Wanted To Know About Where To Sit On An EMB175 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1717112-everything-you-wanted-know-about-where-sit-emb175.html)

manstein58 Feb 27, 2016 12:06 pm

1A is my preference

Concorde28 Feb 27, 2016 2:30 pm

1A is the best seat, especially if you just need to run to catch a connecting flight and don't have to wait to pick up a gate-checked bag. Yet, I always go for 18 A, the single emergency row exit seat if I have a gate checked bag and a small carry-on and/or coat to store as it is never easy to do so with 1A. There is more leg room in the emergency row seat than in 1A and by the time I exit the plane, my gate checked bag is ready to pick up usually without having to wait.

evanroberts Feb 27, 2016 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Concorde28 (Post 26253202)
1A is the best seat, especially if you just need to run to catch a connecting flight and don't have to wait to pick up a gate-checked bag. Yet, I always go for 18 A, the single emergency row exit seat if I have a gate checked bag and a small carry-on and/or coat to store as it is never easy to do so with 1A. There is more leg room in the emergency row seat than in 1A and by the time I exit the plane, my gate checked bag is ready to pick up usually without having to wait.

I think you're thinking of the Embraer 145.

manstein58 Feb 27, 2016 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by evanroberts (Post 26253347)
I think you're thinking of the Embraer 145.

Agree. Plenty of overhead space on the 175's

goodeats21 Feb 27, 2016 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by evanroberts (Post 26249054)
The little beverage table actually locks around the glasses. Once I worked that out my life improved immensely. The second glass of Buffalo Trace helped too :p

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5681/...548be88e_n.jpgedited_1449953122868 by Evan Roberts, on Flickr

I don't recall ever being served a drink in that type of glass...with a lip on the bottom. All my drinks come in a standard tumbler.

I guess that is the wine glass?

UAzip Mar 18, 2016 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto (Post 25582910)
Will a NORMAL (as in fits fine in the sizer) roller fit in the bins?

On Wednesday, noticed that my normal roller fit wheels-in in the right-side bin in First (where I was seated). Laptop bag managed to fit in the left-side bin, and was the only item anyone put in any of those bins. In coach, rollers must go sideways as the cabin is symmetric there and the aisle in the dead center. In F, the aisle is skewed for the 1-2 seat layout so the overhead bin is deeper on one side--a little bonus since otherwise the bins would fill up really, really fast.

With 12 seats in F, the 175 is a great ride compared to the CRJ-700.

p_man Mar 21, 2016 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by UAzip (Post 26353859)
On Wednesday, noticed that my normal roller fit wheels-in in the right-side bin in First (where I was seated). Laptop bag managed to fit in the left-side bin, and was the only item anyone put in any of those bins. In coach, rollers must go sideways as the cabin is symmetric there and the aisle in the dead center. In F, the aisle is skewed for the 1-2 seat layout so the overhead bin is deeper on one side--a little bonus since otherwise the bins would fill up really, really fast.

With 12 seats in F, the 175 is a great ride compared to the CRJ-700.

The right-hand side is fine, but the left is pretty small. Fine for coats and maybe anything that would fit under a seat; useless for luggage. You definitely want to be towards the front of group 1 if you're in first.

mtrainer90 Nov 14, 2016 8:50 am

United Express E175 cabin

Kacee Jul 27, 2019 8:25 pm

Just flew 7A. There is less pitch in 7A than in 7C/D, due to staggering of F seats. Wasn't a problem for me, as pax in 4A did not recline, but would have been tight if he did.

Note as well that the row 7 seats have misaligned windows. I'd still pick 7A or (even better) 7D for the underseat storage and quick exit. 7B has no underseat storage, 7C it's severely restricted. Pre-boarding is key due to limited overhead space.

Is this aircraft always freezing cold? Multiple pax complained, and the pilots briefly turned on the heat, but within half an hour we were all freezing again.

wcj1 Jul 27, 2019 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 31350010)
Is this aircraft always freezing cold? Multiple pax complained, and the pilots briefly turned on the heat, but within half an hour we were all freezing again.

I have been on plenty that were hot. And I don't think the pilots control the heat, even though the FA's act like they do. I'm not 100%, but I think there is a temperature dial just inside the entry door near the FA's PA controls.

GoSh4rks Jul 27, 2019 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by wcj1 (Post 31350033)
I'm not 100%, but I think there is a temperature dial just inside the entry door near the FA's PA controls.

There is.

I always find that the E175 is cold on the climb-out, but warms up at cruise.

findark Jul 30, 2019 1:44 pm

I'm usually happy with the temperature on the E75s, but they seem to have a widespread issue where the AC air duct in the ceiling on the A side (at least in F) is freezing to the point of causing a slow drip of condensation to rain down on you, especially while parked at the gate.

Kacee Jul 30, 2019 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by findark (Post 31360047)
they seem to have a widespread issue where the AC air duct in the ceiling on the A side (at least in F) is freezing to the point of causing a slow drip of condensation to rain down on you

I can confirm that ;)

aussieinsf Jul 30, 2019 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 31360463)
I can confirm that ;)

My last two flights it has been tiny pieces of ice, not liquid water coming down. Barely noticed and didn't bother me.

cricketer Nov 8, 2019 4:14 pm

on this DFW-SFO next week, and E+ is completely full as of now. Any thoughts on the best seats in E- (if there's even a difference between them)? Prefer windows, but legroom trumps everything.

thanks in advance.