Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted To Know About Where To Sit On An EMB175

Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

Cabin walk through video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNPKGCwgxko
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...5/default.aspx

2A seems to be a preferred choice in First.

1A doesn't have a cutout so might not be as good for tall people & seems to be colder.

7C/D seems to be preferred choice for E+. Often blocked until T24, but then seem to be available.

7A/B also good, although 7B may get bumped during boarding because it's exposed to passengers as the aisle shifts to the center between the F and Y cabins.

All row 7 seats have ample legroom before the F cabin. There is no bulkhead; just a half-curtain.

United Becomes First Airline to Add New, Larger Overhead Bins to Embraer E175 Aircraft
Photos(1)

New bins will be available on 50 aircraft by the end of this year and can accommodate up to 29 more bags per flight, helping make room for everyone's carry-on

CHICAGO, March 26, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines announced today that it is installing new, larger overhead bins on its Skywest operated Embraer E175 fleet that will provide more room for passengers' roll aboard carry-on bags. These new bins will be available on 50 aircraft with a 76-seat configuration by the end of this year. United may expand the E175 larger overhead bins offering to more than 150 aircraft by the end of 2026.

United is the first airline to offer these larger overhead bins on E175 airplanes and estimates this move will nearly eliminate the need for one million annual passengers to gate-check bags on more than 150,000 E175 flights.

United is enhancing the passenger experience by adding larger overhead bins on the Embraer E175 fleet to increase customer convenience and improve operational efficiency. The new bins will accommodate up to an extra 29 carry-on bags on the regional jets, which is an 80 percent increase in space.

"Customer sentiment for the new overhead bins and signature interiors has been extremely positive. By helping to eliminate the need to gate check bags, we are seeing an increase in gate and boarding satisfaction," said Linda Jojo, United's chief customer officer. "This is just the latest way we're working to create an industry-leading experience for all our customers whether they're on an international or regional flight."

United now has more than 200 mainline aircraft outfitted with bins large enough to fit every passenger's carry-on bag and is in the process of retrofitting its domestic narrowbody fleet. The new overhead bins in the regional fleet will provide a seamless connecting experience for customers. Every E175 aircraft outfitted with these overhead bins will also have braille and tactile placards that enhance accessibility, part of a larger initiative the airline announced in 2023.

United Airlines and United Express operate an average of more than 4,000 flights a day to over 350 airports across 6 continents. SkyWest is the world's largest E175 operator and flies more than 700 daily departures to more than 140 destinations as United Express. In 2023, United became the world's largest carrier as measured by seat-miles, carrying more than 150 million passengers.

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted To Know About Where To Sit On An EMB175

Old Oct 16, 2015, 8:48 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
I really prefer 2A. Good access to overheads on opposite side and under seat storage.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I'm in 2A in two weeks. I more or dislike any row 1 for a variety of physical and mental reasons depending on plane.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by bluedemon211
I really prefer 2A. Good access to overheads on opposite side and under seat storage.
+1 - another vote for 2A - plus in winter it's warmer - a plus for those who live up north like I do where in 1A you often can't feel your legs after boarding...
Old Oct 17, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I've flown the 175 fairly often since it was introduced. I prefer any of the A seats, with 1A being lowest on the list. I like under seat storage though. But they're all good seats. The 175 has been a welcome addition IMO.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by QBK
I was in 1A on my last E175 flight, and I found the legroom suboptimal. It's okay, but there was no possibility of straightening my legs (I'm 6'1", FWIW). It's not like 1A on the CR7 or (iirc) the E170.

In the future, I'll probably take 2A. I've had two equipment swaps so far (one from a 170 to a 175, one the other way), and I figure that in case of a downgauge, Rows 3-4 get downgraded.
I'm pretty short at 5'8", so leg room in the first row of any plane is never an issue for me. I should probably have qualified my opinion with this information.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat4Life, Hertz Pres Circle, reformed WN AP & CP
2A in first.

I haven't found a favorite E+ seat yet. I was 7D last week and it was pretty nice.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 2:33 pm

2 or 3A in First.

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of these jets in the lineup.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 4:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just completed first flight on this aircraft and it's pretty nice. I would take the single F seat over any F seat on a 739. 1A has more space to the bulkhead than the 739 (but no cutout for the feet, so can see why anyone tall might not like it). My full size fully packed Kirkland rollaboard just fit in the overhead. I did like how quickly they can turn this aircraft and how quickly it boards.

There was PDE but it was kind of buggy.
Little Washita likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 4:59 pm
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by Kevin Adams
I haven't found a favorite E+ seat yet. I was 7D last week and it was pretty nice.
IIRC, from the one time I've been in Y on an E175, Row 7 (or at least 7C/7D) have terrific legroom. Better than F.

Last edited by QBK; Oct 17, 2015 at 5:00 pm Reason: trim quote
Old Oct 18, 2015, 12:18 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
Surprised how cold I was in 1A. Didn't like not being able to stretch out either. Based on other's comments, may home in on 2A or 4A in the future.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 12:24 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by mackenzie77
Surprised how cold I was in 1A. Didn't like not being able to stretch out either. Based on other's comments, may home in on 2A or 4A in the future.
It does get cold in the front of these little jets, and tends to be a sauna in the back. I am always too hot on planes, so I love it!
Old Oct 18, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA, AA (Plt)
I've flown twice in 2D and it was OK. I have 2A this Saturday and looking forward to it. Wondering about the main cabin. Typically if I'm in E+ it's because I have a pet with me, and therefore can't sit in a bulkhead or exit row, so I would typically choose the first non-bulkhead row of E+
I think that's row 8 on this plane. Any experiences there?
Old Oct 18, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Will a NORMAL (as in fits fine in the sizer) roller fit in the bins?
Old Oct 18, 2015, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I had no problem with mine in First.

I used the under-seat storage when in E+ so cannot comment.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 6:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Yes, just barely. Note that at least in F, there's a full size bin only on the 2 seat side of the aisle, and that fills up pretty fast. This is an aircraft where boarding in the first half of G1 actually matters.
Little Washita likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.