Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Business class flights on Air Canada, where to post the miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

I just scored an amazing business class ticket (P Class) on Air Canada from New York to Paris for $1440 over Thanksgiving. As a Delta Platinum and AA Platinum, I don't have a huge need for United or Air Canada miles. Where should I post these miles? Anyone have any thoughts on what would be most lucrative?
Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, AA PLT, DL Silver
http://www.wheretocredit.com/air-canada/p

If it's an Air Canada ticket, and was not ticketed by United, you will earn 200% of the flight miles for award miles if you book them with United. While not spectacular in and of itself, this fare earns you more than 14,500 award miles, good enough for at least a one-way domestic award ticket. That's the best you'll be able to do considering earning and the ease (and cost) of redemption.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 5:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SMFlagg
.... If it's an Air Canada ticket, and was not ticketed by United, you will earn 200% of the flight miles for award miles if you book them with United. While not spectacular in and of itself, this fare earns you more than 14,500 award miles, good enough for at least a one-way domestic award ticket. ....
Just remember UA's 18 month mileage expiration policy.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
if not a 016 ticket then I would credit to UA for sure. That's an easy 16k miles.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, all! Yes it isn't a united issued ticket so I would get the 200% credit. Pretty sweet!
Old Oct 10, 2015, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
I just completed a pretty massive AC itinerary in P class. Just a SYD-YVR flight landed me over 23k miles. 200% bonus for P plus 100% for being 1K. So, yes, even as a base member UA is probably a good program to credit to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.