Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

More Premium Beverages on Board-Crafthouse Cocktails MoscowMule/Buffalo Trace Bourbon

Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aacharya
http://newsroom.united.com/2015-10-08-United-Airlines-Toasts-New-Partnerships-That-Bring-More-Premium-Beverages-on-Board
United Airlines Toasts New Partnerships That Bring More Premium Beverages on Board

Airline adds Crafthouse Cocktails' Moscow Mule and Buffalo Trace Bourbon Whiskey

CHICAGO, Oct. 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines is expanding its selection of premium beverages to offer customers two new options. The airline now offers Chicago-based Crafthouse Cocktails' Moscow Mule on United-operated North and Central America flights, and Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey on flights worldwide.

Crafthouse Moscow Mule

Produced with all-natural ingredients, Crafthouse Cocktails' Moscow Mule contains small-batch vodka; ginger beer made with organic ginger juice; pure California lime juice; and real cane sugar. Crafthouse's take on the Moscow Mule – a classic vodka cocktail – is also gluten-free.

Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey

Made from the finest corn, rye and barley malt at the most award-winning distillery in the world, Buffalo Trace's bourbon whiskey ages in new-oak barrels for years in century-old warehouses until the peak of maturity – giving this spirit a rich and complex taste, with hints of vanilla, toffee and candied fruit.

"We are pleased to partner with Crafthouse Cocktails and Buffalo Trace to offer our customers these popular drinks," said Tom O'Toole, United's senior vice president and chief marketing officer. "These new selections further enhance and expand our choices for the tastes of today's passengers."

On board, passengers may purchase a 200-milliliter bottle – enough for two servings – of Crafthouse's Moscow Mule for $12.99.

A 50-milliliter miniature bottle of Buffalo Trace will be complimentary in premium cabins and $8.99 in United Economy.

In addition, Crafthouse's Moscow Mule and Buffalo Trace bourbon whiskey will be available in dozens of domestic United Club locations and in the airline's U.S. United Global First Lounge locations. London Heathrow Airport's United Club will also offer Buffalo Trace.
Print Wikipost

More Premium Beverages on Board-Crafthouse Cocktails MoscowMule/Buffalo Trace Bourbon

Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-GS, Hyatt-Defiantly Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum

There is finally hope for men and women of good taste, those that understand and enjoy a fine Kentucky-born and bred spirit: Buffalo Trace is available this month on UA flights worldwide. Jim Beam Devil's cut isn't the best, but was a big step up from Jack (but then again, what isn't?), so this is really a change I'm gonna like!

(This per the last page of the October Hemispheres magazine.)
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
nice, its good stuff.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by USHPNWDLUA
There is finally hope for men and women of good taste, those that understand and enjoy a fine Kentucky-born and bred spirit: Buffalo Trace is available this month on UA flights worldwide. Jim Beam Devil's cut isn't the best, but was a big step up from Jack (but then again, what isn't?), so this is really a change I'm gonna like!

(This per the last page of the October Hemispheres magazine.)
Great news. I sure hope worldwide includes the US!
Old Oct 2, 2015, 3:39 am
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
That is a change I like!

Presumably it's another move to copy DL, which also serves a decent bourbon (Woodford Reserve). I tried the Devil's Cut earlier this year and ended up taking two minis home for the kids because I couldn't choke it down.

Anyway, this will mean a drinkable beer (Goose Island IPA) and a drinkable bourbon. Now, any chance we can get a drinkable Scotch to replace White Label?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:02 am

Wow, that's fantastic....nice work UA.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:17 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
I'm looking forward to trying it this month for sure
Old Oct 2, 2015, 6:30 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
WOW about time they get a decent whiskey. Maybe the return of decent scotch will happen too!
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:22 am

Hope this month means tomorrow!
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:26 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Very Nice Indeed. I have been to the Buffalo Trace Distillery and really enjoy their offerings. Eagle Rare is my Favorite and now Buffalo Trace on UA. I am looking forward to it on my next flight, Thanks UA.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
count me as a

^^

I found United's entire lack of drinkable spirits to be a real turn off, they were badly behind the curve. And when buying a ticket, the through of a Woodford Reserve vs. basically nothing to drink on UA (sorry, I'm not interested is drinking swill like Jack Daniels).

Curious if this was in the works before Jeff got canned (i.e. defenestration "savvy" leader finally woke up to how awful the soft product was) or its a new and quick switch to address (as Oscar appears to be doing) some of the real points of soft product disastisfaction like the coffee.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by spin88
Curious if this was in the works before Jeff got canned (i.e. defenestration "savvy" leader finally woke up to how awful the soft product was) or its a new and quick switch to address (as Oscar appears to be doing) some of the real points of soft product disastisfaction like the coffee.
There are (usually) long lead times to build sufficient stock for an airline operation the size of United so my guess is that this had been in the works for a while.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by Mackieman
There are (usually) long lead times to build sufficient stock for an airline operation the size of United so my guess is that this had been in the works for a while.
This is certainly the case with food service when plates and utensils need to match. You can't e.g. just add a soup. But on consumables (such as ETOH) I understood (and may be wrong, its why I am asking) the lead time was very short, and basically involved (a) picking what the caterer had on their list and paying the price(which takes no time), or (b) adding something not on the list (which is more expensive), which required having the vendor work with the caterer to have stock on hand at the locations where catering takes place.

Its possible that UA worked out a deal with Buffalo Trace, and is paying extra to have it stocked, but I think its probably more likely that the caterer stuck a deal, and UA chose to add it as the price addition was probably relatively small, and which could be done quickly.

curious if anyone knows which it is?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
I have to say that the Woodford has been a highlight of my travels with DL.

This is…wait for it…a change I am going to like!

(Now to really be competitive, it should be free in international Y.)
Old Oct 2, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat 100
Nice, thanks DL.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
ooh i like buffalo trace! does anyone know if this is a temporary promo or a permanent addition?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.