Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

More Premium Beverages on Board-Crafthouse Cocktails MoscowMule/Buffalo Trace Bourbon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aacharya
http://newsroom.united.com/2015-10-08-United-Airlines-Toasts-New-Partnerships-That-Bring-More-Premium-Beverages-on-Board
United Airlines Toasts New Partnerships That Bring More Premium Beverages on Board

Airline adds Crafthouse Cocktails' Moscow Mule and Buffalo Trace Bourbon Whiskey

CHICAGO, Oct. 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines is expanding its selection of premium beverages to offer customers two new options. The airline now offers Chicago-based Crafthouse Cocktails' Moscow Mule on United-operated North and Central America flights, and Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey on flights worldwide.

Crafthouse Moscow Mule

Produced with all-natural ingredients, Crafthouse Cocktails' Moscow Mule contains small-batch vodka; ginger beer made with organic ginger juice; pure California lime juice; and real cane sugar. Crafthouse's take on the Moscow Mule – a classic vodka cocktail – is also gluten-free.

Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey

Made from the finest corn, rye and barley malt at the most award-winning distillery in the world, Buffalo Trace's bourbon whiskey ages in new-oak barrels for years in century-old warehouses until the peak of maturity – giving this spirit a rich and complex taste, with hints of vanilla, toffee and candied fruit.

"We are pleased to partner with Crafthouse Cocktails and Buffalo Trace to offer our customers these popular drinks," said Tom O'Toole, United's senior vice president and chief marketing officer. "These new selections further enhance and expand our choices for the tastes of today's passengers."

On board, passengers may purchase a 200-milliliter bottle – enough for two servings – of Crafthouse's Moscow Mule for $12.99.

A 50-milliliter miniature bottle of Buffalo Trace will be complimentary in premium cabins and $8.99 in United Economy.

In addition, Crafthouse's Moscow Mule and Buffalo Trace bourbon whiskey will be available in dozens of domestic United Club locations and in the airline's U.S. United Global First Lounge locations. London Heathrow Airport's United Club will also offer Buffalo Trace.
Print Wikipost

More Premium Beverages on Board-Crafthouse Cocktails MoscowMule/Buffalo Trace Bourbon

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
Well, if you're going to judge a book by its cover, that just means more decent bourbon for those of us that enjoy it.

Slainte!
Oh I am going to try it don't worry about that. Just commenting on the name. But I also feel like Global Services sounds like a division of FedEx or UPS instead of the $60-$100k spending club on UA.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:56 pm

Buffalo Trace is a decent bourbon and I hope United keeps it on. It'll be nice to have an alternative to the cognac (which is much better than the jack or the jim imo).

United should consider bringing a nicer scotch on board too - something along the lines of Macallan 12.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 12:37 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Asked for it tonight (10/2) DEN-LAX and it was indeed available. A nice tipple.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Looking forward to trying it. Glad to see United trying to improve the experience a bit. Baby steps...
Old Oct 3, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by fly18725
United doesn't have 1, w or even 3 caterers. Every caterer needs to source the product from a wholesaler in sufficient quantity and this gets challenging in some jurisdictions. Caterers don't go out and negotiate branded product relationships at risk - they need to have a contract from the airline.
You may be right, but there is a pattern. When UA does a co-promo they do a press release, something in the mag, make a deal about it. We see ads for the stuff. This happened with Titos, happened with Goose Island, happened with the new Moscow Mules. Delta does it too.

This just appeared, with none of the usual run up.

F/B wise, the crappy coffee and lack of a decent brown spirit have been long term complaints, probably as to specifics its #1 and #2. This happened so quickly, and without the usual marketing effort, that it makes me think someone new wanted some quick changes, and this brand was available for purchase and roll out quickly.

I like the change, don't get me wrong, the lack of a decent scotch/bourbon has been a long term irritate to me (and better soft product has had me flying DL or VX on competitive routes for a long time) but I am inclined to see more in this, a sign of a change in direction not from the old failed deposed guy and his "savvy" team, but from the new guy.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 9:21 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
This is certainly an improvement. However the well beverages in United Clubs need improving much more urgently from a customer perspective.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Great news! Thanks!
Old Oct 3, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by u600213
This is certainly an improvement. However the well beverages in United Clubs need improving much more urgently from a customer perspective.
Hard to see them improving the free well booze, since that would reduce the incentive for pax to purchase the up-sell decent booze.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 5:27 pm

Buffalo Trace Coming This Month!

Just tried it on a 737 IAH-ORD. First class flight attendant had to get it from coach when I requested. Complex yet very smooth, excellent smokey notes. Really enjoyed. Does United credit.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by spin88
You may be right, but there is a pattern. When UA does a co-promo they do a press release, something in the mag, make a deal about it. We see ads for the stuff. This happened with Titos, happened with Goose Island, happened with the new Moscow Mules. Delta does it too.

This just appeared, with none of the usual run up.

F/B wise, the crappy coffee and lack of a decent brown spirit have been long term complaints, probably as to specifics its #1 and #2. This happened so quickly, and without the usual marketing effort, that it makes me think someone new wanted some quick changes, and this brand was available for purchase and roll out quickly.

I like the change, don't get me wrong, the lack of a decent scotch/bourbon has been a long term irritate to me (and better soft product has had me flying DL or VX on competitive routes for a long time) but I am inclined to see more in this, a sign of a change in direction not from the old failed deposed guy and his "savvy" team, but from the new guy.
It's listed in Hemispheres, which means confirms this was planned in advance.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just enjoyed some on UA 116 as a nightcap. Very nice bourbon. FA looked at me funny when I asked for it, but once I told her it was new she knew what I was talking about. Thank you, United!
Old Oct 4, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Never heard of Buffalo Trace but would echo what several folks have said and I'd also like to see a nice single malt scotch on-board like Glenfidditch
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tried and failed to sample the Buffalo Trace on IAH - ORD. The attendant seemed to recognise what I was asking for, but she must have forgotten and served up a big glass of something else. Jim Beam maybe? Not good. But I'm not graceful enough to request a swap without sounding like a snob, so I just let it sit.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:49 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mh3265a
Never heard of Buffalo Trace but would echo what several folks have said and I'd also like to see a nice single malt scotch on-board like Glenfidditch
The Buffalo Trace distillery is owned by the Sazerac company along with several other brands. They put out some of the best-regarded bourbons in the world (e.g. Pappy Van Winkle, George T. Stagg, among others). Buffalo Trace is their upper class entry-level bourbon, retailing for around $30 for a fifth. Huge, huge step up from the Beam Devil's Cut, FWIW.

Personally, I'm not a huge Glenfidditch fan as far as single malts go, but I know they're well-liked by many (and my Scotch tastes would likely be more specialized than would fly, no pun intended, with the average pax).
Old Oct 8, 2015, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Just tried it out this week. Nice bourbon and glad to see United mixing things up a bit in a positive way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.