Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

More Premium Beverages on Board-Crafthouse Cocktails MoscowMule/Buffalo Trace Bourbon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aacharya
http://newsroom.united.com/2015-10-08-United-Airlines-Toasts-New-Partnerships-That-Bring-More-Premium-Beverages-on-Board
United Airlines Toasts New Partnerships That Bring More Premium Beverages on Board

Airline adds Crafthouse Cocktails' Moscow Mule and Buffalo Trace Bourbon Whiskey

CHICAGO, Oct. 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines is expanding its selection of premium beverages to offer customers two new options. The airline now offers Chicago-based Crafthouse Cocktails' Moscow Mule on United-operated North and Central America flights, and Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey on flights worldwide.

Crafthouse Moscow Mule

Produced with all-natural ingredients, Crafthouse Cocktails' Moscow Mule contains small-batch vodka; ginger beer made with organic ginger juice; pure California lime juice; and real cane sugar. Crafthouse's take on the Moscow Mule – a classic vodka cocktail – is also gluten-free.

Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey

Made from the finest corn, rye and barley malt at the most award-winning distillery in the world, Buffalo Trace's bourbon whiskey ages in new-oak barrels for years in century-old warehouses until the peak of maturity – giving this spirit a rich and complex taste, with hints of vanilla, toffee and candied fruit.

"We are pleased to partner with Crafthouse Cocktails and Buffalo Trace to offer our customers these popular drinks," said Tom O'Toole, United's senior vice president and chief marketing officer. "These new selections further enhance and expand our choices for the tastes of today's passengers."

On board, passengers may purchase a 200-milliliter bottle – enough for two servings – of Crafthouse's Moscow Mule for $12.99.

A 50-milliliter miniature bottle of Buffalo Trace will be complimentary in premium cabins and $8.99 in United Economy.

In addition, Crafthouse's Moscow Mule and Buffalo Trace bourbon whiskey will be available in dozens of domestic United Club locations and in the airline's U.S. United Global First Lounge locations. London Heathrow Airport's United Club will also offer Buffalo Trace.
Print Wikipost

More Premium Beverages on Board-Crafthouse Cocktails MoscowMule/Buffalo Trace Bourbon

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2015, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by spin88
This is certainly the case with food service when plates and utensils need to match. You can't e.g. just add a soup. But on consumables (such as ETOH) I understood (and may be wrong, its why I am asking) the lead time was very short, and basically involved (a) picking what the caterer had on their list and paying the price(which takes no time), or (b) adding something not on the list (which is more expensive), which required having the vendor work with the caterer to have stock on hand at the locations where catering takes place.

Its possible that UA worked out a deal with Buffalo Trace, and is paying extra to have it stocked, but I think its probably more likely that the caterer stuck a deal, and UA chose to add it as the price addition was probably relatively small, and which could be done quickly.

curious if anyone knows which it is?
United doesn't have 1, w or even 3 caterers. Every caterer needs to source the product from a wholesaler in sufficient quantity and this gets challenging in some jurisdictions. Caterers don't go out and negotiate branded product relationships at risk - they need to have a contract from the airline.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Maybe it's a game of musical chairs.

Vodka was trendy 4-5 years ago when UA went from Smirnoff to Finlandia and then Tito's. Vodka is not trendy anymore, and UA has kept Tito's.

Bourbon is wildly trendy right now. ^ to Buffalo Trace.

Does Bulleit come in mini bottles?

Last edited by sinoflyer; Oct 2, 2015 at 12:44 pm
Old Oct 2, 2015, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Excellent news!
Old Oct 2, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Moscow muse, too!

Originally Posted by Surftel
Excellent news!
I requested Moscow muse vodka from Y cabin. I got it for free although UA charged $12.99 for Y cabin. FA also gave me a small bottle of Buffalo Trace afterwards. I have not tried it yet. The Vodka has a lot of ginger flavor. Cheers!
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Some really good news! Looking forward to it on my next flight!
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Buffalo Trace Coming This Month!

Keep Titos. It actually grew on me
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sinoflyer
Maybe it's a game of musical chairs.

Vodka was trendy 4-5 years ago when UA went from Smirnoff to Finlandia and then Tito's. Vodka is not trendy anymore, and UA has kept Tito's.

Bourbon is wildly trendy right now. ^ to Buffalo Trace.

Does Bulleit come in mini bottles?
Yes. I bought some when I visited Bulleit.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
The name and bottle makes me think of traces of buffalo which would be giant heaps of dung.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Currently on a flight to NRT and thoroughly enjoying the Buffalo Trace. This is an excellent addition.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
The name and bottle makes me think of traces of buffalo which would be giant heaps of dung.
Well, if you're going to judge a book by its cover, that just means more decent bourbon for those of us that enjoy it.

Slainte!
Old Oct 2, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA 1k, US ex-CP, NW silver, Marriott plat, SPG gold, Hertz 5*
This is really awesome! Anyone seen this on express flights? Stuck on junky express this week but will look for it on mainline for sure next week!
Old Oct 2, 2015, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
One of my favorites. Just threw away an empty bottle last night.

^ UA
Old Oct 2, 2015, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sanfran8080
Keep Titos. It actually grew on me
Buffalo Trace is Bourbon, Titos is Vodka. Don't think they would get rid of vodka and replace it with bourbon.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 6:27 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Far superior to Devil's Cut! ^
Old Oct 2, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Originally Posted by Baze
Yes. I bought some when I visited Bulleit.
Well, there's hope that Bulleit could one day make it onto the beverage cart. IMO, an American air carrier like UA should put a little more emphasis on a quintessential American spirit like Bourbon. Put out a couple of them at a time, or rotate them occasionally, rather than trotting the okay but ordinary Jim Beam white label that they had in the past.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 2, 2015 at 7:21 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.