Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

OGG --> ORD 777 takeoff from 7000ft runway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OGG --> ORD 777 takeoff from 7000ft runway

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:39 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by EWR764

CO flew 764s to the Islands; any 762 service would have been an equipment sub. A point of confusion was when CO introduced a high-density configuration with the 764 (20J instead of 35J) and coded it '767' in the various timetables.
I was on an IAH-HNL-GUM and continued on to MNL, and that was one miserable ride in coach Overnight and Biz on 747 to CEB to visit a friend, then back four days later. Oh the things we used to do for miles and status

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
CO used a 764 IAH-OGG. Had the pleasure of riding it many times. Plane was used to open IAH-EZE after deep sixing the Maui route.
Thanks to you both for the clarification, must have been a sub when I flew. With all the flying within four days the only part of the flights back I remember is the misery of full planes and CO's tight pitch in coach
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
I don't think the 772A has the range for EWR/IAD-Hawaii westbound. The published range for this aircraft is 5,240nm (EWR-HNL is 4,313nm), but that figure is for 305 passengers (77G/H can carry up to 364), and does not factor in headwinds and reserve fuel requirements.

Originally Posted by cv11nyc
Flown them both, 772A eats 764’s lunch. If anything the 764 is a bit of a runway hog on takeoff. 772A could easily fly East Coast to HNL so performance is not the reason it hasn’t been operated.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by EWR764
A DC-10(-10) would have no trouble at all getting out of DCA for a ferry (no pax/bags) to IAD, and indeed it did not. LGA has only slightly longer runways at 7000', with similarly unforgiving conditions at either end, and long hosted revenue DC-10/L1011 service to ORD, ATL, MIA and elsewhere within the perimeter.
Indeed, the DC-10's launch customer, AA, required that the aircraft be designed to operate in and out of LGA!
threeoh likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.