Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Promotion - bonus RDM, PQM, or RPU for p.s. segments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 19, 2015, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Targeted offer with multiple versions, each with 3 offers --
version I
1) 5k RDM per J segment, 2k RDM per Y segment
2) 3.5k PQM per J segment, 1.5k PQM per segment
4) 1 RPU per 2 J segments flown, 1 RPU per 4 Y segments flown
Version II - link
1) 10k RDM per J segment, 3k RDM per Y segment
2) 5k PQM per J segment, 2k PQM per segment
3) 1 RPU per J segments flown, 1 RPU per 4 Y segments flown
Additional links
www.united.com/flyunitedps1
www.united.com/flyunitedps2
www.united.com/flyunitedps3
T&Cs
  1. Only original recipients of email invitation to the offer can register and participate in this promotion.
  2. Registration is required by February 15, 2016, and before ticketing.
  3. To qualify for this offer, eligible members must register, purchase and complete paid, qualifying segments between New York/Newark and Los Angeles or San Francisco within the qualifying ticketing and travel periods.
  4. Ticketing dates: September 17, 2015, through February 29, 2016.
  5. Offer is valid for travel beginning on or after October 25, 2015, and completed on or before February 29, 2016.
  6. Offer is valid on segments flown in F,A,J,C,D,Z,P,Y,B,M,E,U,H,Q and V fare classes.
  7. The offer is valid on paid qualifying segments flown on United® or United Express® and it is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
  8. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing.
  9. Participating members must choose one of the three offers during registration, and the selection will be applicable to all qualifying activity under this promotion and may not be changed.
  10. Bonus may be earned for a maximum of (A) 100,000 bonus award miles if you choose the bonus award miles offer, OR (B) ten RPU if you choose the RPU offer, OR (C) if you choose the PQM offer, 35,000 PQM between registration and December 31, 2015, and an additional 35,000 PQM between January 1, 2016, and February 29, 2016, each in accordance with these terms and conditions.
  11. PQM cannot be redeemed for award travel or other awards.
  12. Bonus Premier qualifying segments (PQS) and bonus Premier qualifying dollars (PQD) will not be awarded as part of this promotion.
  13. The offer is not valid on government fares.
  14. Flights on award travel tickets and other tickets that do not earn Premier qualifying credits do not qualify for meeting the requirements of this offer.
  15. Passenger must be a member of the United MileagePlus® program for travel to qualify for this offer.
  16. Qualifying flight activities must be credited to the MileagePlus account by February 29, 2016, in order to qualify for this offer.
  17. Bonus choice will post to your account 6-8 weeks upon completion of qualifying activity.
  18. E-Ticket® purchase required. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.
  19. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

Regional Premier Upgrade
    Each Regional Premier Upgrade is valid for a single one-way, one-cabin upgrade and will expire on June 30, 2016. Standard Regional Premier Upgrade terms apply. These terms can be changed at any time with or without notice and can be viewed at https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...gupgrades.aspx.
Print Wikipost

New Promotion - bonus RDM, PQM, or RPU for p.s. segments

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
I must be C-list.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Originally Posted by c.l.i.a
As far as I can remember, I received one email promo only in the past 3 years.
You're not alone. No love here either.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Got versin 1 today 10/26. Kind of really pisses me off since the offer was valid from 9/17 bit they just got around to me today as 1K MM.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 10:36 pm

Programs: United Silver
Originally Posted by Live4Upgrade
You're not alone. No love here either.
I'm really curious what algorithm they use and if it is a in-house solution or a 3rd party vendors platform. There really doesn't seem to have any rhyme or rhythm.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 4:29 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Pat89339
I received Version I of this offer via email this morning. I thought it was strange that on October 26th I received an email which said to book flights between September 17th and February 29th. Perhaps there weren't many takers on this offer and they are hitting up the B list.
Same here. I'm a BOS based kettle/former elite
Old Oct 28, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: Honors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United 1K Million miller
PQM for both segments of a roundtrip or only one?

I have a few round trips booked from ewr to lax, will I get the bonus PQM's for the return from lax to ewr as well?
Old Oct 28, 2015, 3:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gloryguy
I have a few round trips booked from ewr to lax, will I get the bonus PQM's for the return from lax to ewr as well?
travel in both directions is included
qualifying segments between New York/Newark and Los Angeles or San Francisco within the qualifying ticketing and travel periods.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Any idea if you can change your selection after the fact? Just curious, mainly...
Old Oct 28, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I also received this offer email on 10/26. It wouldn't have made any difference, but it's strange that they would do this more than a month after the promo began
Old Oct 29, 2015, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CIT85
I also received this offer email on 10/26. It wouldn't have made any difference, but it's strange that they would do this more than a month after the promo began
+1

I'm clearly B list. Not complaining as it pushed me to put on two r/t's to Latin American destinations in P via EWR in early 2016 to get a head start on status. Extra 14,000 PQM is always nice!
Old Oct 29, 2015, 5:38 pm

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
Is there a way to check to see on your UA.com account if youre eligible AND entered for the promotion? I know I signed up for the 3500 PQM promotion but want to verify it prior to booking P.S. flights. I tried entering the latest version and it says I am not eligible, which is different than the 5000 PQM offer.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
D-list here, nothing from Munoz, nothing on this
Old Oct 30, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mtndave47
Is there a way to check to see on your UA.com account if youre eligible AND entered for the promotion? I know I signed up for the 3500 PQM promotion but want to verify it prior to booking P.S. flights. I tried entering the latest version and it says I am not eligible, which is different than the 5000 PQM offer.
Same issue here - I know I signed up and saw the webpage statement "you're registered" for the 3,500 PQM promo, but there's no evidence when I look at my account. I'm going to go with it and trust the Frequent Flyer Gods...

Let us know if you find a way.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA Silver, DL, AA
Originally Posted by QBK
Now, here's an interesting question. The offer that I got clearly says "XXX rewards per segment flown in BusinessFirst/Economy". Not booked. So if I book Y but upgrade with an RPU, do I get the reward for J?

(And yes, I know specific booking codes are listed. But the offer just lists the fare codes that are eligible, and doesn't specifically link reward to fare code.)

I'm pretty sure it ain't gonna work, but ... I can dream...
Has anyone registered and flown upgraded to answer this question?
Old Oct 30, 2015, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by GretelNick
Has anyone registered and flown upgraded to answer this question?
I got Version II. I registered for the PQMs option.
Flying SFO-EWR tomorrow on a paid Y fare.
Upgraded using 7500 miles.

Probably no chance I will get the 5,000 PQM but I'll let you know as soon as it posts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.