Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Promotion - bonus RDM, PQM, or RPU for p.s. segments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 19, 2015, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Targeted offer with multiple versions, each with 3 offers --
version I
1) 5k RDM per J segment, 2k RDM per Y segment
2) 3.5k PQM per J segment, 1.5k PQM per segment
4) 1 RPU per 2 J segments flown, 1 RPU per 4 Y segments flown
Version II - link
1) 10k RDM per J segment, 3k RDM per Y segment
2) 5k PQM per J segment, 2k PQM per segment
3) 1 RPU per J segments flown, 1 RPU per 4 Y segments flown
Additional links
www.united.com/flyunitedps1
www.united.com/flyunitedps2
www.united.com/flyunitedps3
T&Cs
  1. Only original recipients of email invitation to the offer can register and participate in this promotion.
  2. Registration is required by February 15, 2016, and before ticketing.
  3. To qualify for this offer, eligible members must register, purchase and complete paid, qualifying segments between New York/Newark and Los Angeles or San Francisco within the qualifying ticketing and travel periods.
  4. Ticketing dates: September 17, 2015, through February 29, 2016.
  5. Offer is valid for travel beginning on or after October 25, 2015, and completed on or before February 29, 2016.
  6. Offer is valid on segments flown in F,A,J,C,D,Z,P,Y,B,M,E,U,H,Q and V fare classes.
  7. The offer is valid on paid qualifying segments flown on United® or United Express® and it is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
  8. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing.
  9. Participating members must choose one of the three offers during registration, and the selection will be applicable to all qualifying activity under this promotion and may not be changed.
  10. Bonus may be earned for a maximum of (A) 100,000 bonus award miles if you choose the bonus award miles offer, OR (B) ten RPU if you choose the RPU offer, OR (C) if you choose the PQM offer, 35,000 PQM between registration and December 31, 2015, and an additional 35,000 PQM between January 1, 2016, and February 29, 2016, each in accordance with these terms and conditions.
  11. PQM cannot be redeemed for award travel or other awards.
  12. Bonus Premier qualifying segments (PQS) and bonus Premier qualifying dollars (PQD) will not be awarded as part of this promotion.
  13. The offer is not valid on government fares.
  14. Flights on award travel tickets and other tickets that do not earn Premier qualifying credits do not qualify for meeting the requirements of this offer.
  15. Passenger must be a member of the United MileagePlus® program for travel to qualify for this offer.
  16. Qualifying flight activities must be credited to the MileagePlus account by February 29, 2016, in order to qualify for this offer.
  17. Bonus choice will post to your account 6-8 weeks upon completion of qualifying activity.
  18. E-Ticket® purchase required. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.
  19. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

Regional Premier Upgrade
    Each Regional Premier Upgrade is valid for a single one-way, one-cabin upgrade and will expire on June 30, 2016. Standard Regional Premier Upgrade terms apply. These terms can be changed at any time with or without notice and can be viewed at https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...gupgrades.aspx.
Print Wikipost

New Promotion - bonus RDM, PQM, or RPU for p.s. segments

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
My first RPUs from Oct 25/27 still haven't posted. Amazing. We're going on 11 weeks now.

Is United hoping that we'll forget or are they just unbelievably lame?
Old Jan 15, 2016, 10:01 pm

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
Both of my 3500 PQM bonuses appeared today, after flying the P.S. segments on 1/8 and 1/11. Shocked to see the quick post. Hope everyone else will have the same speedy results!
Old Jan 17, 2016, 4:52 pm

Programs: SPG, United
Originally Posted by porciuscato
My first RPUs from Oct 25/27 still haven't posted. Amazing. We're going on 11 weeks now.

Is United hoping that we'll forget or are they just unbelievably lame?
My flights from EWR<->SFO haven't posted either. I called last week right at the 8wk mark, and was told that they sent a request to corporate to get it credited. Called on Fri as well and was told I'll have to wait for them to process the bonus miles, and that it'll be a few days.

This is rather annoying, and I have no idea how these are processed since some people seem to get the bonus credited within a few weeks. At least every rep I spoke to confirmed the existence of my bonus miles.

The kicker is that I need these to get bumped to Gold, and I need to book a flight soon (and would like that e+ upgrade at booking).

Guess we'll see what happens next week...
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mtndave47
Both of my 3500 PQM bonuses appeared today, after flying the P.S. segments on 1/8 and 1/11. Shocked to see the quick post. Hope everyone else will have the same speedy results!
+1

Have received my 3500 PQM bonus for a PS flight on Jan 6. They posted sometime over the weekend based on the last time I checked. So that's approx. 9-12 days. Happy here!^
Old Jan 19, 2016, 1:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
The PQM bonus for my flight on 1/10 redeye posted a day after the miles were posted. Surprisingly fast!
Old Jan 19, 2016, 2:32 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Still waiting for RPUs from Nov-Dec travel. How much longer do I need to wait before calling in?
Old Jan 19, 2016, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by helvetic
Still waiting for RPUs from Nov-Dec travel. How much longer do I need to wait before calling in?
I just called them today.

It's the same old nonsense that they were telling me 4 weeks ago: "it looks like they'll be posting them any day now...." I don't know who "they" is, but "they" seems to be on vacation still.

NOTA BENE: these RPUs expire in June of 2016. So the longer UAL waits, the less opportunity you will have to use them. Hmm. Makes you wonder if the delay isn't deliberate....

Anyhow, you should call MP today. Then call them again tomorrow. They need to stop pulling this crap of making offers and then failing to honor them in any kind of a timely fashion.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
I don't think anyone has had RPU's hit yet have they? Not sure calling will speed it up, but who knows.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:15 am

Anyone get an RPU yet? I wonder if they are going to wait until June 1 to give us RPUs that expire on June 30.......
Old Jan 27, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
More untruths from United...

I wrote an email to United inquiring about the missing RPUs. I mentioned that folks had received PQMs quickly after flights but that nobody I knew had received RPUs. Here's the written reply I received today:

Dear Mr. xxxx:

We’re always glad to hear from Premier Platinum members like you. Thanks for writing.

The RPU earned under this offer will post to eligible accounts 8 weeks after the qualifying activity. The time frame is the same for members who selected to receive bonus miles or bonus PQM.

Regards,

Tanya Terry
MileagePlus® Lead Representative

Two points. First, folks on Flyertalk have written about not receiving the RPUs after 8 weeks, while others have written of receiving PQMs within weeks.

Second, under their supposed timeframe anyone flying in late February (like me) won't receive RPUs until late April and they will expire two months later. Given that upgrades often don't clear it might be difficult/impossible to use them.

A highly disingenuous promotion from United...
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat/P100, UA 1K 1MM
Is there a way of telling which promo I signed up for? I have the confirmation email they sent me, but it's not clear from the T&Cs what the earning rates are for the RPU option I selected. All it says is this:

"Bonus may be earned for a maximum of (A) 100,000 bonus award miles if you choose the bonus award miles offer, OR (B) ten RPU if you choose the RPU offer, OR (C) if you choose the PQM offer, 35,000 PQM between registration and December 31, 2015, and an additional 35,000 PQM between January 1, 2016, and February 29, 2016, each in accordance with these terms and conditions."
Old Jan 29, 2016, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Citi Prestige, AMEX Platinum, SPG Gold
Anyone else bracing for a downgrade?

Okay, anyone else getting ready to be downgraded to Platinum because of these missing PQMs? What are you doing about it?

I'm taking my family to Europe at the end of February/beginning of March, and booked it as two PNRs, revenue coach for me and XN for everyone else. Ordinarily I'd use a single PNR and try to upgrade, but I figure the chances of getting upgraded as a Platinum are slim, and I probably won't have my GPUs by then anyway. (I know theoretically if I get my 1K back I should be able to raise my upgrade priority and/or apply GPUs, but I'm not going to bet $3600 on that--and actually probably over $4000 for W class if I hope to use GPUs.)
Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:36 pm

My RPU's hit yesterday. Added bonus... they have an 8/31 expiration!

02/04/2016 Regional Premier Upgrade Deposit 1
02/04/2016 Regional Premier Upgrade Deposit 1
Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ps9a
My RPU's hit yesterday. Added bonus... they have an 8/31 expiration!
When were your qualifying flights for the RPUs?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by nycityny
When were your qualifying flights for the RPUs?
December 18th and 21st

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.