Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

In celebration of $MI/J's departure (booking on UA)

In celebration of $MI/J's departure (booking on UA)

Old Sep 12, 15, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by FlyWorld View Post
That said, Smisek decimated the FF value proposition so unless his destruction is reversed (highly unlikely) I will never return to loyalty.
Smisek was indifferent to the extent a good FF program kept customers coming back to a degenerating airline. When MP was diluted a lot of people came unglued from United -- no reason to put up with this mess without meaningful rewards. Other airlines that diluted their FFPs, like DL, could better afford it because of better core products.

Reverting MP to some of the old value prop would be one step in the right direction.
Old Sep 12, 15, 10:15 am

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
Originally Posted by FlyWorld View Post
Ditto exactly.

With or without Smisek, this airline is an operational disaster. They need to start executing before there can be any serious thought of flying them as anything other than last resort.

That said, Smisek decimated the FF value proposition so unless his destruction is reversed (highly unlikely) I will never return to loyalty.

The only difference is that I abhorred the notion of letting that greedy dictator and thief steal more of my money. Now that he is finally gone, I feel fine about UA having revenue from me.
That about summarizes it..I need to see some significant operational improvement and IRROP recovery before flying UA routinely.

A key strategic error of Smisek-gutting the FF program, as DL did, but failing to make sure the other facet of the loyalty program-the flying experience-was sound.
Old Sep 12, 15, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I keep buying AX and AC till I see an improvement @ UA.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: