Wiki Posts
Search

Letters to Oscar

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: United 1K MM, QR Platinum
Dear Oscar

Congratulations on your appointment.

I would like to acknowledge the great work of your predecessor - building a leading American airline, focusing on delivering shareholder returns across an economic cycle and investing in the product to bring United Business into the 21st century.

Despite this, there remain many challenges, which should be a focus for a new leadership team. As a former Global Services member of eight years, I have since altered my flying patterns but occasionally will fly United on certain routes. Here are some of my observations:

1) Regain operational excellence - on time departures and arrivals, luggage delivery and employee morale

2) Refocus on building a leading premium product attractive to high value flyers that contribute to the bottom line. This means updated cabins, service, innovation and excellent, for which United was once known.

3) Continue focus on shareholder returns and a strong balance sheet - as investments in people, products and planes - all depend upon this.

Wish you a successful and enjoyable tenor as CEO
Old Sep 24, 2015, 7:36 am

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Dear Oscar,

Is your only letter the C-suite-style committee-approved email or will you speak to the frank concerns we all have?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.