Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"We're sorry" status of cards onboard.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2015, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I have a contact at Willis Tower. I'm going to forward the e-mail chain along to her. Thank you all.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by EWR764
Pads of cards are supposed to be stocked in the "Inflight Customer Kit" and are controlled with serial numbers to prevent fraud/abuse. I haven't heard anything about them being discontinued, although the offers to customers are far less generous than they used to be, and generally insufficient for "major" issues.
On one flight I was on awhile back. The Purser said that they did not have any. Then the younger FA said "yes we do" they are in the Blue Bag (had some writing on it and UA Logo) I assume that's the kit you referred to. The funny part was while the Purser went to retrive the FA said "I only know because I spilled a little wine on someone last month".. Thanks and Safe Travels and OP when you hear back from Willis please update us..
Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I've given the agent opportunity to escalate within GSCS first.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K
they still give them out...
I got one on 8/30 for inop audio, light, and fa call button..
the entire row was broken.

I had to twist someone's arm to get one.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Obviously if UA is penalizing/calling out FAs who give them out the system will always be flawed when it comes to the cards being given onboard for valid issues. On the other hand UA and in particular a GSCS agent tells me if it was a valid issue a card would have been given. I was told cards are no longer boarded. Sounds like a convenient circle for UA.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: United GS 1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
i was once told that if they insist they they have ran out to write and document the issue on a piece of paper/napkin in lieu of the apology cards with the purser's/FA's agent ID and name. That would work.

I can understand that they do not want people creating mythical complains, but if they have a system of apology cards, surely it is not hard to ensure they are stocked.

Also, i do agree some of the GSCS agents in DTW can be hard-asses. I honestly do not like GSCS agents in DTW and try to aviod them if possible. HNL is much better. We pay top dollar and they need a team who understands that.

I am all for them having things fixed and serviced right from the start, but honestly, who am i trying to kid?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I had an inop air vent over my seat this weekend - stuck open blowing on me full blast with cold air. When I asked the purser for to write it up, he responded by bringing me a blanket!
Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:10 pm

I rarely fly UNITED anymore due to some pretty bad experiences and I have found that at least my complaints go on deaf ears.

Last time I flew UNITED (some time ago) I sat next to a Global Services (came out during our conversation) and both of our seats were broken as well as other more minor issues like not enough Wine being boarded as well as my tray missing an appetizer and the Global Services having to eat with Plastic because his roll up was missing utensils and apparently the caterer didn't load spare metal utensils.

The Global Services asked for two of these mythical We are Sorry Cards, one for him and one for me and the Purser claimed that they were discontinued due to abuse.

She suggested writing Customer Service including the relevant info. He said to me that by him being Global Services he would carry more weight with UA and asked if he could complain on my behalf as well.

I said sure and gave him my name, etc and he said he would get back with me.

He called me about 2 weeks later that he was surprised that UNITED told him to pound dirt and it seems that UNITED was taking a more militants attitude. He suggested I complain independently for whatever it would be worth and suggested contacting the DOT which he was going to do.

I did file a DOT complaint and UNITED then decided to work with me and I presume the Global Se
Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
I got a card for a broken seat a while ago and got a terse, passive aggressive response, with no offer of comp.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

So much for my contact at Willis Tower.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Jeff Smisek was your contact?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Just enjoying my day.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 4:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
I'm not comfortable posting them. Just need to know if the cards are supposed to be loaded on every UA flight. Thank you.
perhaps the FA didn't think your issue was important enough and just said there were no forms? I got a form last month for a broken seat.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

There is no doubt he felt the issue onboard had merit and was the first to approach me the next morning when the plane/cabin crew/me turned that somehow the issue had fixed itself over night. That lasted 10 minutes into the flight when the system went bad again for the remainder of a twelve plus hour flight.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 4:54 pm

Probably Nene Foxhall ... who was also let go today.

I have a contact at Willis Tower. I'm going to forward the e-mail chain along to her. Thank you all.
Originally Posted by fwoomp
Jeff Smisek was your contact?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.