Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Got my 1500+500 for my SFO rental a couple weeks back last weekend. 3k summer bonus posted yesterday...still waiting on the 750 GS/1K bonus. Gotta love Hertz MP credit posting...makes no sense at all!
I just noticed that none of my status bonuses have posted since the beginning of the year. Wonder if they’re going by 2018 status since I only have 2P through Marriott and didn’t fly enough UA last year to qualify the real way.

It should kick in again end of FEB but going from 4k/5.25k depending if I booked with the UA rate to 500/2k is going to suck.

Here’s hoping for a Hertz Winter Promo!
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Well guys/girls, it's been fun. Just finished 4 rentals in 4 days instead of the smart thing (and same price) of only having to get one rental. I did have 4 pretty nice cars - day 1 was a 2018 lincoln continental with only 300 miles on it; then a nissan maxima sl that was fully loaded, and honestly might be my new favorite vehicle; an avalone xle (the third party GPS nav sucks, but I like the features), and a regular maxima (still nice, but lacked the features). Each rental was about 17+8 in taxes, so about 22k miles for a little under a hundred dollars, and I drove about 1000 miles across all of them.

While the 2750 promo is still a good deal, I won't be splurging as much now. It just boggles my mind to earn the same amount of FF miles as a one day rental, I (as a 1K) would need to pay about $600.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by IggySD

I just noticed that none of my status bonuses have posted since the beginning of the year. Wonder if they’re going by 2018 status since I only have 2P through Marriott and didn’t fly enough UA last year to qualify the real way.

It should kick in again end of FEB but going from 4k/5.25k depending if I booked with the UA rate to 500/2k is going to suck.

Here’s hoping for a Hertz Winter Promo!
I haven't received any of my status bonuses either and my status has been the same the last few years. I'm assuming that the computer will run again soon and give us those bonuses.

It has indeed been fun!
Old Feb 4, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
We have also been looking for our Cardholder Bonuses for several January rentals. Just checked our accounts and the 250 miles per rental have posted for everything except our very last rental on January 27 (for which we're also awaiting the 3,000 mile bonus as well, so just a matter of time.)
Old Feb 4, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Be interesting to see if my rental this weekend gets the summer bonus or if 1/31 was indeed the end.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:28 pm

Please keep us posted if 1/31 was indeed the last day of the offer.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
I have 2 single day rentals starting today and tomorrow.... $50 total (half by company and half personal).... easiest 5,500 award miles I have earned yet. I hope this promotion continues beyond March as well.... I will easily use this promo 15-20 times this year at the rate I'm going now. These two will be my 4th and 5th of the year so far.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Yes, for my Jan 20th rental, I also haven't received my status bonus or the 3,000 promo bonus yet, and it's been about 3 weeks. Will wait another week and then inquire.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:57 pm

I received my bonus for rentals Jan 25th, Jan26th, Jan 27th, and Jan 28th.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 7:06 pm

Extended to May 31st. I haven't received the 3K bonus for my Feb 2-4 rental, so I am assuming that the 'summer' bonus finally went away...
Old Feb 23, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
HERTZ is my new favourite car rental company. The MP bonus is great, and their rates have been awesome recently for when I need a car.

Oddly, I've been getting great Premium Car rates.....much lower than any other car class. So, even with PC I normally take the car I've been assigned.
These are one ways, EWR-AVP:

jsloan likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by narvik
HERTZ is my new favourite car rental company. The MP bonus is great, and their rates have been awesome recently for when I need a car.

Oddly, I've been getting great Premium Car rates.....much lower than any other car class. So, even with PC I normally take the car I've been assigned.
Hertz gets really fussy with one way rentals I've noticed. Is that the price for one day? I've seen Hertz easily quadruple the rate, even if it's for returning the car in the same state (say DTW-GRR). I have noticed on one ways sometimes Premium being the cheapest too.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by narvik

I've given up trying to understand their pricing. I had a two-day rental in OGG which I rebooked four times over seven days because the price kept dropping (first three, Premium was the cheapest category).
Old Feb 24, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by findark
I've given up trying to understand their pricing. I had a two-day rental in OGG which I rebooked four times over seven days because the price kept dropping (first three, Premium was the cheapest category).
They must trying to get people into Premium cars....maybe to get them hooked? Seems a deliberate thing.

Originally Posted by BThumme
Hertz gets really fussy with one way rentals I've noticed. Is that the price for one day? I've seen Hertz easily quadruple the rate, even if it's for returning the car in the same state (say DTW-GRR). I have noticed on one ways sometimes Premium being the cheapest too.
Yes. This is for a one day one-way rental. 120 miles. The thing is, these rates are about normal (except the premium one). The rates can go up to ~$220 for a compact size being the lowest across all available rental companies.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by findark
Thanks for the reminder to take a look! I just rebooked my rental in LAX 2 weeks from now...brought my price for a 2-day rental down from $120 to $77. No idea why, but I'll take it

That said, I have yet to encounter what others have seen (which is Premier cars being the cheapest)...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.