Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by narvik
Works again.
Well, that was all rather weird.
Was able to book directly with Hertz and the PC and CDP codes. Despite the error message, the Discount is listed as: CDP: UNITED A\L FF DISCOUNT #

Can also properly log into United Rental Cars site now...suddenly.

Rather peculiar.
Thanks for the help: it made me persevere.
That's been the name for as long as I've been doing these promotions.
narvik likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
Right now the offer is 2,500 miles (for me as a Silver) for a multi-day rental. For a while, it was 5,000 miles. So it can add up even if you don't rent that often.
can you remind me/post a link to whatever the United/Hertz thing is? I want to take a fresh look at it. If I recall correctly it doesnt allow me to rent from Hertz's muscle car category.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 23, 2019 at 12:43 pm Reason: Moved to Hertz rental thread
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
can you remind me/post a link to whatever the United/Hertz thing is? I want to take a fresh look at it. If I recall correctly it doesnt allow me to rent from Hertz's muscle car category.
There's a whole thread on this elsewhere, but the link is https://cars.united.com/

It states mid-size or larger, so I don't know why the muscle car category wouldn't qualify.

Another nice perk I get from the Club Card is President's Circle for Hertz. I've really enjoyed having that.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:57 am

There's a whole thread on this elsewhere, but the link is https://cars.united.com/
It states mid-size or larger, so I don't know why the muscle car category wouldn't qualify.
Thanks I looked again. If you do a mock booking at, LAX for example, on the United portal and compare it to Hertz's own site, there's lots of groups that aren't pulling through to United. United caps out around "Premium" or "Luxury" which are often more expensive than Mustangs/Challengers, so it's not about price. "Dream" cars, Luxury SUV's, pickup trucks, and more all do not show up on cars.united.com. I guess I'll just have to continue forfeiting miles and keep my smiles when I rent a from the American Muscle group
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
Thanks I looked again. If you do a mock booking at, LAX for example, on the United portal and compare it to Hertz's own site, there's lots of groups that aren't pulling through to United. United caps out around "Premium" or "Luxury" which are often more expensive than Mustangs/Challengers, so it's not about price. "Dream" cars, Luxury SUV's, pickup trucks, and more all do not show up on cars.united.com. I guess I'll just have to continue forfeiting miles and keep my smiles when I rent a from the American Muscle group
You may try putting in the United codes directly into the Hertz site just to see if they will work.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:44 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
You may try putting in the United codes directly into the Hertz site just to see if they will work.
Yes but the 1500 bonus is via the link on UA's website, which takes you to rental cars.com, a UK-based site. That site, either via ua.com or my mobile app gives me more problems than I care to remember.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 1:36 pm

I've been trying to book a car today, and the site appears to be down completely. Has anyone been able to get through today?
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
I've been trying to book a car today, and the site appears to be down completely. Has anyone been able to get through today?
You mean this one: https://cars.united.com/

Works here, but I hardly ever use it anymore.
Old site was great. New [rentalcars.com] site is horrible in comparison.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:42 pm

You mean this one: https://cars.united.com/

Works here, but I hardly ever use it anymore.
Old site was great. New [rentalcars.com] site is horrible in comparison.
This is the site. It was down for several hours, but appears to be up and running now. Thanks.
narvik likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Website now showing offer extended to end of October.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Do we know yet how any potential Hertz offers might affect PQPs?

(I haven't credited any Hertz rentals for the rest of this year to United, since it doesn't seem to be very beneficial...)
Old Oct 23, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
My Last 3 Rentals Haven't Credited

I've been so busy traveling this last month and a half that I hadn't check to see if my rentals booked through the UA portal were crediting and they are not.
Anyone else having trouble with this?
Old Oct 23, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Do we know yet how any potential Hertz offers might affect PQPs?

(I haven't credited any Hertz rentals for the rest of this year to United, since it doesn't seem to be very beneficial...)
There's no way they will count as anything other than award miles. I think the rate at which they credit miles to United is VERY beneficial.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
It seems there's still a lot of issues with Hertz bonus miles posting to UA MP accounts, but I'm not sure if readers here were aware that there's a way to get your MP credit without calling in. On the bottom of the hertz.com main page go down to customer support and follow the link for "Frequent Traveler Credit" https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partn...roFormView.jsp

Input your appropriate info and they'll work it out for you in a few days. You'll get your base points and the UA 1K/GS bonus as well- or whatever your status entitles you to. Added to wiki.
notquiteaff and narvik like this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by gmt4
It seems there's still a lot of issues with Hertz bonus miles posting to UA MP accounts, but I'm not sure if readers here were aware that there's a way to get your MP credit without calling in. On the bottom of the hertz.com main page go down to customer support and follow the link for "Frequent Traveler Credit" https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partn...roFormView.jsp

Input your appropriate info and they'll work it out for you in a few days. You'll get your base points and the UA 1K/GS bonus as well- or whatever your status entitles you to. Added to wiki.
^Thanks so much!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.