Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by ncSam
Same here, still waiting on the 1500 booking bonus and the 250 Chase cardholder bonus.
What’s the Chase cardholder bonus? Is it for everyone who pays for their Hertz rental with their Chase card?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by sannmann
What’s the Chase cardholder bonus? Is it for everyone who pays for their Hertz rental with their Chase card?
Chase United card holder.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by oopl
Chase United card holder.
Sorry, there are multiple Chase United Visa cards (Explorer, Signature, etc. etc.) Which one is intended here?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by Starman
Sorry, there are multiple Chase United Visa cards (Explorer, Signature, etc. etc.) Which one is intended here?
All, according to UA.

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...faq/hertz.html
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Starman
I'm not aware of a cardholder bonus, just the premier bonus. Although the Club Card does give the President's Circle benefit.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by oopl
According to this link, no Chase cardholder bonus if one receives the Premier bonus. In other words, this bonus is for Chase cardholders who don't hold United Premier status.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 9:45 pm

Programs: National EE
Originally Posted by turbov6
Just over two months now and the 1500 bonus miles for a multi-day rental in July still haven't posted. I reached out to United customer service but haven't had any luck. Has anyone else been able to get the 1500 miles credited that didn't post automatically? Thanks!
Finally got a followup response from United regarding the 1500 bonus miles that haven't posted for a July rental:

"There is a known issue with the online booking bonus for Hertz rentals that has impacted multiple accounts. We are asking Hertz to review and provide authorization for credit on accounts at this time. I will include your account with the others being reviewed and reach out to you within the next 5-7 business days."
Old Sep 16, 2018, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by turbov6
Finally got a followup response from United regarding the 1500 bonus miles that haven't posted for a July rental:

"There is a known issue with the online booking bonus for Hertz rentals that has impacted multiple accounts. We are asking Hertz to review and provide authorization for credit on accounts at this time. I will include your account with the others being reviewed and reach out to you within the next 5-7 business days."
Thanks, I haven't received my miles, Maybe I can get them to include my rentals as well.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Still waiting for my 1500 United.com booking bonus from July as well. They first said it would be up to 8 weeks for the credit. I wrote them again since the 8 weeks has now passed. I received this today:

"In order to provide a thorough and complete response, your inquiry will require some research. If our research indicates that an adjustment needs to be made to your account, it will be made within four weeks."

- Tom
Old Sep 17, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Anyone think this is the end of the promo? Less than 2 weeks until it expires...it has always been renewed by this point in time...
jjmoore likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Anyone think this is the end of the promo? Less than 2 weeks until it expires...it has always been renewed by this point in time...
I sure hope so, though it's not looking like it this time. I have used this promo around 50 times in the last 3 years... netting close to 135,000 miles.... far more valuable transaction than putting points into the Hertz bank or any other destination. It has been a good run.
tstauck likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:08 am

The 1500 United.com booking bonus miles from 7/4 finally posted to my account today. Wrote in twice and they finally responded today the miles were posted successfully.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by tstauck
The 1500 United.com booking bonus miles from 7/4 finally posted to my account today. Wrote in twice and they finally responded today the miles were posted successfully.
Did you write in to United or to Hertz?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
Did you write in to United or to Hertz?
United, twice. The first time they responded it can take up to 8 weeks to post, after the 8 weeks I wrote again and they responded "we'll research it". Then only about 2-3 days to post it, luckily

- Tom
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ncSam
Same here, still waiting on the 1500 booking bonus and the 250 Chase cardholder bonus.
Wrote in to United 2 days ago about the 1500 bonus not posting (the 250 has since posted) from a mid July rental. Just received an email back that the 1500 miles have been posted, finally.
tstauck likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.