Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Ambassador
Erroring out if one day rental

Just found out that if you book a one day rental with the new codes, it errors out. I used the old codes and it worked fine. Will see if the points post.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 9:37 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Trying to book a car in Kona in January (assuming the island is not under fresh lava by then), and United/Rentalcars.com is telling me:

"We were unable to find any cars matching your search for: Kona Airport - Thursday January 17 at 5:00 PM"

Hertz and others are showing lots of cars on their direct websites.

For giggles, I tried IAH and EWR for the same dates, and no cars.

Seven months out might be a bit extreme, but I've always been able to do it before. If I can't book that far in advance, the system should black out the calendar after the point at which it won't accept reservations.

I'm not so sure I love the new reservation process.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
Trying to book a car in Kona in January (assuming the island is not under fresh lava by then), and United/Rentalcars.com is telling me:

"We were unable to find any cars matching your search for: Kona Airport - Thursday January 17 at 5:00 PM"

Hertz and others are showing lots of cars on their direct websites.

For giggles, I tried IAH and EWR for the same dates, and no cars.

Seven months out might be a bit extreme, but I've always been able to do it before. If I can't book that far in advance, the system should black out the calendar after the point at which it won't accept reservations.

I'm not so sure I love the new reservation process.
I think you're trying to book beyond the expiration date for the offer. I know I've been able to do it in the past, but it does'nt really bother me that they don't allow this, as there could be some confusion if the offer actually does expire.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Rented on 6/8 through the new site and received the 1000 miles (for Silver / Gold) + 1500 bonus miles in one week, posted on 6/15.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:13 pm

It keeps telling me:

"Unfortunately this rate is no longer available. We need to search again to check for the most up to date rates and availability."

Tried multiple computers and none of them worked! I am stuck because I can't switch to hertz.com to make reservation due to afraid of not being honored with the bonus 1500 miles.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
my MP miles from a non-airport HLE posted within 48hrs.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
So as we're now officially into summer, any word on the 3k summer bonus like last year? That was a great deal!
Old Jun 29, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by tonywush
It keeps telling me:

"Unfortunately this rate is no longer available. We need to search again to check for the most up to date rates and availability."

Tried multiple computers and none of them worked! I am stuck because I can't switch to hertz.com to make reservation due to afraid of not being honored with the bonus 1500 miles.
And you're not searching beyond the expiration date? That seems to be the issue with most who are having this problem.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
And you're not searching beyond the expiration date? That seems to be the issue with most who are having this problem.
No.. The date range is simply July 9-13.

I had to give up eventually and just booked it direct. Hope the bonus will post.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 12:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tonywush
It keeps telling me:

I had that when I tried to log in after selecting the car. I've learned to log in first, then search.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
I rented via the new website - rental was completed on June 10, and no miles have posted. Should I write to MileagePlus customer service by now for this?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 4:48 pm

No PC number on UA.com booking?

Sorry if this is mentioned upthread - I looked but couldn't find exactly this. I booked and used a mid-May Hertz reservation via united.com, specifically to get the promo bonus. The final rental invoice shows that the correct UA CDP code was used. A week later I got both the 500 mile basic FF credit, and also the 750 mile 1K bonus, but no promotional bonus. I emailed the Hertz FF address, and they responded that the rental was not eligible for the promo bonus because the reservation did not contain the specific PC code relevant to the promotion. (Indeed, my final receitp shows the UA CDP but no PC entry.) But unless I missed it, there is no way to enter a specific PC code on the united.com car rental page (or, for that matter, any CDP code other than UA's). I guess I just assumed that if I made the booking via united.com, the correct CDP and PC codes were applied. I've received this identical bonus many times previously, without entering a PC code, Am I getting the correct info from Hertz, and do I have any recourse?

Last edited by Starman; Jul 26, 2018 at 4:58 pm
Old Jul 26, 2018, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Starman
Sorry if this is mentioned upthread - I looked but couldn't find exactly this. I booked and used a mid-May Hertz reservation via united.com, specifically to get the promo bonus. The final rental invoice shows that the correct UA CDP code was used. A week later I got both the 500 mile basic FF credit, and also the 750 mile 1K bonus, but no promotional bonus. I emailed the Hertz FF address, and they responded that the rental was not eligible for the promo bonus because the reservation did not contain the specific PC code relevant to the promotion. (Indeed, my final receitp shows the UA CDP but no PC entry.) But unless I missed it, there is no way to enter a specific PC code on the united.com car rental page (or, for that matter, any CDP code other than UA's). I guess I just assumed that if I made the booking via united.com, the correct CDP and PC codes were applied. I've received this identical bonus many times previously, without entering a PC code, Am I getting the correct info from Hertz, and do I have any recourse?
I last used this just before the site was changed (and it currently appears to be broken), but I believe you are correct that if it is booked on united's site the bonuses should be automatic. Previously they had fields automatically populate with the PC when using united.com, but they may be failing to transmit them with the new search tool.

I would write take this up with UA and highlight that you used their search to make the booking, but the PC code is not on your Hertz receipt.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
If you live in NYC or Philadelphia, or West Coast, try SIXT Car Rental. In NYC they only have one location in Battery Park City but all the fleet is Cadillac. I rented an Escalade for 6 days last week - the bigger one, and with taxes came to $650-ish. The same thing at Hertz at Newark was $1200 more. In Manhattan not available. I lose out on the UA points but compared to what I save, it's a no brainer. Put my savings in car rentals toward GS re-qual on flights. Check them out!
Old Jul 26, 2018, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fumje
I last used this just before the site was changed (and it currently appears to be broken), but I believe you are correct that if it is booked on united's site the bonuses should be automatic. Previously they had fields automatically populate with the PC when using united.com, but they may be failing to transmit them with the new search tool.
With the old site, if you did a search from the promo, it would populate the PC, but if you navigated to "rental cars" on the website, it wouldn't. I got bit by that once or twice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.