Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2016, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Hi folks,

DW and I collect United miles in my account. (She's an AU one my club card and we book on the same PNR and get benefits of club card when traveling.)

Anyway, she's got her own Hertz rental. She doesn't have a hertz gold profile. Can i somehow make the booking on her behalf but get the bonus UA miles posted to my MP account? Maybe create a Hertz profile for her but put my UA MP ID number?

thanks for any advice.
No dice, sorry.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 1:49 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
No dice, sorry.
Book under your name online. Then call 800 # and ask to add her to the booking. They should ask for her info including drivers license # so have that ready. Odds are she can pickup and return the rental and your account will get the points.

Nothing's for certain with Hertz IT but this worked at least 12 times that I'm aware of in 2015.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Hi folks,

DW and I collect United miles in my account. (She's an AU one my club card and we book on the same PNR and get benefits of club card when traveling.)

Anyway, she's got her own Hertz rental. She doesn't have a hertz gold profile. Can i somehow make the booking on her behalf but get the bonus UA miles posted to my MP account? Maybe create a Hertz profile for her but put my UA MP ID number?

thanks for any advice.
To add to what others said:

Remember, with the current offer, you have to book on the United site (not the Hertz site) to get the bonus points. If you provide your Hertz Gold number while doing that, then the reservation will be linked to your profile over at Hertz. If you don't provide your Hertz Gold number while booking at UA, you may have trouble pulling up the reservation at Hertz (which you need to do add her arriving flight number). And having it linked should make it easier for you to add her as an additional driver too (as described by others above).
Old Mar 19, 2016, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
To add to what others said:

Remember, with the current offer, you have to book on the United site (not the Hertz site) to get the bonus points. If you provide your Hertz Gold number while doing that, then the reservation will be linked to your profile over at Hertz. If you don't provide your Hertz Gold number while booking at UA, you may have trouble pulling up the reservation at Hertz (which you need to do add her arriving flight number). And having it linked should make it easier for you to add her as an additional driver too (as described by others above).

Thank you all. And from credit card CDW perspective we are ok as long as she's as secondary on the rental and is also an AU on my chase card.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 12:13 am

Programs: UA Plt HertzpresC Avisfirst
Originally Posted by Goodtimes321
Did anyone try booking one day at a time? Need a car for a week but since I know the location manager he would close and reopen the contract everyday. Would I get 7 days x 2750?

Also, it's an off airport location in Canada. Any help would be appreciated.
Tried 5-6 rentals, Heres my results.

1. Booked on hertz.com with cdp and pc at an off airport location- received 0 miles

2. Booked on United.com for airport location and then changed to off airport location on hertz.com - received the 500 +750

3. Booked airport location on united.com - received 2750

The miles posted very inconsistently. ALL miles posted on Saturdays. I should note 5/6 rentals were in CANADA.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Goodtimes321
Tried 5-6 rentals, Heres my results.

1. Booked on hertz.com with cdp and pc at an off airport location- received 0 miles

2. Booked on United.com for airport location and then changed to off airport location on hertz.com - received the 500 +750

3. Booked airport location on united.com - received 2750

The miles posted very inconsistently. ALL miles posted on Saturdays. I should note 5/6 rentals were in CANADA.
Thanks for the data points.
I wonder if Ua will give you the points for off airport locations if you follow up about missing miles
Old Mar 27, 2016, 8:40 am

Just got the miles posted today for a rental I returned last Saturday.

I got 1500 bonus plus 500 miles. What's the deal with the extra 250 that I n d to get because I'm a United club cardholder? It should be 1500+750. Does the 250 post later on or do I need to harass United/MP?

Thanks
Old Mar 29, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
You're lucky, I got just 1,000 of the promised 2,750 miles and no reply to my retro-claims.

Back to Avis, thanks.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 8:00 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
does anyone know the full terms of the mileage plus earnings from hertz? is there a minimum number of days or a minimum class i need to rent?

right now i have 10 or so weekend (3 day) rentals with hertz at very good prices for their cheapest econo car in south africa. this can be very valuable as the rental<>cpm is close to 0.01

would that qualify me for the 500+750 mileage plus as a plat? i see on the ua website it requires a "qualifying rental" but no description as to what a "qualifying rental" actually is.

this was booked on hertz.com and i entered in my MP info for every reservation.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 9:16 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
An update

I rented a compact (1 level above the lowest) off airport in Capetown in mid February
Booked on hertz . Com, no cdp or any of that. just entered in ff on booking page

3 days weekend rate

500+750 posted just now, 35 days after rental

Now I'm wondering if this applies to the lowest (T class)
Old Apr 1, 2016, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by cur
does anyone know the full terms of the mileage plus earnings from hertz? is there a minimum number of days or a minimum class i need to rent?

right now i have 10 or so weekend (3 day) rentals with hertz at very good prices for their cheapest econo car in south africa. this can be very valuable as the rental<>cpm is close to 0.01

would that qualify me for the 500+750 mileage plus as a plat? i see on the ua website it requires a "qualifying rental" but no description as to what a "qualifying rental" actually is.

this was booked on hertz.com and i entered in my MP info for every reservation.
I get them on one day rentals. Multiple times. I haven't done back to back one days so can't commEnt on that

It has to be intermediate size or above
Old May 7, 2016, 9:25 pm

Website now shows offer is valid through end of September 2016...almost feels like an old Jos. A Bank sale at this point

I did have a couple questions for folks:

1) Can someone tell what part of the country the bonus miles do NOT apply for? It seems to not be valid anywhere in Norway. On the UA website, there is nothing specifically stating that certain regions may be excluded from the promotion.

2) Does a rental of '1 day or more' mean it literally has to be longer than 24 hours or not?
Old May 8, 2016, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37

2) Does a rental of '1 day or more' mean it literally has to be longer than 24 hours or not?
I recently rented for 4 hours at HNL and got it. It booked as a daily rate.
Old May 8, 2016, 2:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BigJC
I was just about to ask this question, I have an 8 hour reservation coming up and Hertz is cheapest. Glad to hear it's going to work ^
Old May 8, 2016, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by BigJC
It finally posted to my account today. 7 days was a bit on the longer side, so was getting worried

If anyone has an answer to my country-specific question, would be great...need to book a couple car rentals in Norway for a trip next month, so would like to know sooner rather than later

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.