Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2016, 1:43 pm
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I had to Tweet the Hertz rep to get mine; after that they posted fairly quickly.

Thanks. I am not a "Tweeter", "Facebooker", etc by choice. I barely know how to send email. I do know how to use the phone, so I guess I will do that.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
My Plat bonus for 750 miles just hit for my last 3 bookings (2 from the end of December, and 1 from a couple weekends ago). Maybe they just run the cycle once a month to get those bonuses posted in one shot?...
Old Jan 28, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: United Platinum, AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I received the 500 + the Platinum 750 - I am missing the extra 1500.

I just called MP and they said we had to wait 8 weeks until they can force it. As I am only 6.5 weeks out, I have another week and a half to wait to verify that.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 8:02 am

Hi folks.

Question for fellow MP point Chasers:

My employer wants us to use a third party website to book all our travel. This way it feeds into expense reports etc. I'd like to capitalize on the MP offer from hertz and I recall that I don't have to use untied website as long as the promo codes are tagged to the reservation after the fact.

I'm wondering if changing the code after the fact voids whatever insurance or what not the firm has w hertz ? I would use the corporate green Amex anyway to pay for the rental but would switch the rate and promo codes to the United MP ones.

Just curious if folks have managed to swing the MP Offer while doing corporate/employer rentals.

Thanks
Old Jan 29, 2016, 8:20 am
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
The terms of the offer on United.com SPECIFICALLY STATE that to get this offer, one must be booking it through the UA website. This way there will be a record in your reservations in your account.

But you are welcome to experiment off the UA website.
Please report back your experience. Thanks.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:23 am

Programs: UA Plt HertzpresC Avisfirst
Did anyone try booking one day at a time? Need a car for a week but since I know the location manager he would close and reopen the contract everyday. Would I get 7 days x 2750?

Also, it's an off airport location in Canada. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA Plt HertzpresC Avisfirst
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
What about for reservations booked via .bomb that subsequently get tweaked on the Hertz website? No one has given me an answer for this yet
Im trying this today. Reserved on united.com at YYZ then changed it to an off airport location and actually cut the price in half as well. Will return the car tomorrow afternoon and i will report back the results when i get results.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:06 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Latest offer; from an email a little while ago:

Save up to 40% and earn 1,000 MileagePlus® award miles when you rent a car with Hertz. Plus, earn an additional 1,500 bonus miles – every time you book a mid-size or larger vehicle on united.com through May 31, 2016.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, promotion code (PC) 305023 and your MileagePlus number when you book.

Terms and conditions

Award miles will be earned based upon member’s MileagePlus status or card membership at the time of rental car return, not at the time of booking or pickup.

Use discount code (CDP) 62455 to save up to 40% on qualifying Hertz rentals. Reservation must be for a mid-size or larger car and include CDP 62455, PC 305023 and be booked through united.com to qualify for 1,500 bonus miles. Include your MileagePlus number when you make a reservation or provide the number when you pick up the car to earn miles. Hertz age, driver, credit and qualifying rate restrictions for the renting location apply. Taxes, tax reimbursement, governmental surcharges and optional services, such as refueling, are extra. Modifying your reservation may result in a change in your rate and/or invalidate this offer. This offer has no cash value and may not be used with tour rates, insurance/dealer replacement rates, pre-paid tour rates, or combined with any other offer, discount, coupon or promotion. The savings of up to 40% apply to time and mileage charges only; discount will vary depending on location, length and date of rental; 40% discount will not apply in all cases. Frequent Flyer Surcharge of $0.75 per day may apply. Miles will not be awarded on travel industry rates, wholesale tour packages, insurance/dealer replacement, any other promotional rates or group travel. If the number of award miles earned by a member for any Hertz rental exceeds 500 miles, the 500 base award miles will post to the member’s account first, and any miles earned in excess of 500 miles will separately post within 5 business days.

More details on this new partnership and the new mileage offer structure can be found at united.com/hertz.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Goodtimes321
Im trying this today. Reserved on united.com at YYZ then changed it to an off airport location and actually cut the price in half as well. Will return the car tomorrow afternoon and i will report back the results when i get results.
I booked a car from GVA and then tweaked the pickup location to the French side (you can only select the Swiss side on the UA website). Will see if the miles post in the next week or two as well...
Old Feb 17, 2016, 7:04 am

Programs: UA 1K
I'm platinum, and only received 500 base miles for a rental (the 1500 booking bonus did show up). How should I contact UA to request the additional bonus I should have received as a platinum?
Old Feb 17, 2016, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by gold23
I'm platinum, and only received 500 base miles for a rental (the 1500 booking bonus did show up). How should I contact UA to request the additional bonus I should have received as a platinum?
You could call MPSC and make note of it. FWIW, based on my last couple of experiences, it seems like UA is getting the status bonus posted much less frequently than before - something like once a month.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, SAS Diamond
Originally Posted by mkr
The terms of the offer on United.com SPECIFICALLY STATE that to get this offer, one must be booking it through the UA website. This way there will be a record in your reservations in your account.

But you are welcome to experiment off the UA website.
Please report back your experience. Thanks.
I have experimented in all different ways renting out a car at my Hertz location. Even booking through United.com
Every time I get the 500 miles first and then the 750 later.
Never the total of 2750.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 5:36 pm

Offer now extended to July 31, 2016. Almost feels like a Jos A. Bank 'permanent' promo...
Old Mar 3, 2016, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Tor Viking
I have experimented in all different ways renting out a car at my Hertz location. Even booking through United.com
Every time I get the 500 miles first and then the 750 later.
Never the total of 2750.
Why don't you call MPSC and ask them to post it?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 8:20 pm

Earn for a family member's rental?

Hi folks,

DW and I collect United miles in my account. (She's an AU one my club card and we book on the same PNR and get benefits of club card when traveling.)

Anyway, she's got her own Hertz rental. She doesn't have a hertz gold profile. Can i somehow make the booking on her behalf but get the bonus UA miles posted to my MP account? Maybe create a Hertz profile for her but put my UA MP ID number?

thanks for any advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.