Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Old Feb 24, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
That said, I have yet to encounter what others have seen (which is Premier cars being the cheapest)...
It seems to be a temporary thing in a few areas. It's going away for me too from April onwards, it seems.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
This offer is good til May 31, btw.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
I seem to be having difficulty booking through the United portal. Never had this happened before. Not sure if it's just me, or anyone experiencing the same issue.
I would try to reserve through United, but once I am ready to book, I was asked for a user name and password. I entered my United info, but it does not seem to take.

Hopefully it's a temporary glitch of some sort.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by hoangb
I seem to be having difficulty booking through the United portal. Never had this happened before. Not sure if it's just me, or anyone experiencing the same issue.
I would try to reserve through United, but once I am ready to book, I was asked for a user name and password. I entered my United info, but it does not seem to take.

Hopefully it's a temporary glitch of some sort.
Not sure how far in to the booking process you got when you say "Once I am ready to book..." I just did a test for a booking at IAD this weekend, and booked a reservation with no problem.
Did you log in to United.com before starting the reservation process? I booked a ton of rentals in 2017, always logged in first, and was never asked to re-enter my login information during booking.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by BThumme
Hertz gets really fussy with one way rentals I've noticed. Is that the price for one day? I've seen Hertz easily quadruple the rate, even if it's for returning the car in the same state (say DTW-GRR). I have noticed on one ways sometimes Premium being the cheapest too.
I thought there was a sharing deal between the Hertz locations at DTW, GRR, LAN such that you can rent from one and return at another for the same rate and rules as returning to the same location..... I did this 2 different times when I had last minute bookings and couldn't find flights into GRR at the needed time, so I flew into DTW, and then back out of GRR... the car rental ended up being $42/day with the corporate rate with no additions for mileage, like I would typically see when renting one way out of Fresno to return at SFO, or out of Roswell to return to ABQ, or out of ELM to return at BGM, or out of AVP to return to EWR, or out of STL to return to ORD...... I asked at GRR about this, and the girl working the desk told me that they have "sister locations" at DTW and LAN, and a couple others..... this was a couple years ago so it may not be the case anymore....
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by jjmoore
I thought there was a sharing deal between the Hertz locations at DTW, GRR, LAN such that you can rent from one and return at another for the same rate and rules as returning to the same location..... I did this 2 different times when I had last minute bookings and couldn't find flights into GRR at the needed time, so I flew into DTW, and then back out of GRR... the car rental ended up being $42/day with the corporate rate with no additions for mileage, like I would typically see when renting one way out of Fresno to return at SFO, or out of Roswell to return to ABQ, or out of ELM to return at BGM, or out of AVP to return to EWR, or out of STL to return to ORD...... I asked at GRR about this, and the girl working the desk told me that they have "sister locations" at DTW and LAN, and a couple others..... this was a couple years ago so it may not be the case anymore....
methinks that was your corporate rate at work. A normal one way is like 70ish one way one day. I had about $40 at my old corporate contact with avis for these locations.

but like the comment, Ive also seen premium routinely price lower on these one ways.
jjmoore likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by narvik
They must trying to get people into Premium cars....maybe to get them hooked?
More likely because not many people want to pilot a land yacht.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
More likely because not many people want to pilot a land yacht.
Fair enough, although I still prefer a premium car as opposed to when I get "upgraded" to a gas-guzzling SUV!
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
The 2,750 miles is nice, but I do miss the obscenely nice 5,750 "endless summer" miles.

Those consistent extra 3,000 miles netted a free ticket to Hawaii. I'm shocked United let them do it.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
The 2,750 miles is nice, but I do miss the obscenely nice 5,750 "endless summer" miles.

Those consistent extra 3,000 miles netted a free ticket to Hawaii. I'm shocked United let them do it.
Yeah, my renting habits have changed from "a lot a lot" to just "a lot" now. Still okay deals, but 5750 is unreal. It was better then mileage runs and credit card signups.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I'm closing in on 150k miles just from this promotion. I do a lot of 1 day rentals, so this is a perfect sweet spot.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by BThumme
Yeah, my renting habits have changed from "a lot a lot" to just "a lot" now. Still okay deals, but 5750 is unreal. It was better then mileage runs and credit card signups.
What are the chances they offer it again? It was AMAZING.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Just rebooked an Easter weekend rental and saved almost 50% on price. Its be great if I had any understanding of how Hertzs pricing algorithm on UA worked...
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:46 am
Suspended

Hertz and United

What United Mileage Plus bonus miles are being awarded right now with each rental?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
I miss the "summer bonus" that lasted all the way until January 31st! (+3000 with each rental... in additional to my usual amount, even a no-UA-status like me made +5000 miles per rental) I hope that comes back; it made me an exclusive Hertz customer for a while (enough that I qualified for 5-star for the first time).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.