Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
$14 a day at QRO (queretaro, mexico). I need to use my companies CDP since it comes with protection, but dang.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by bob12403
Good for you! In some cases I've done that three or four times with a single booking over the past six months. Unfortunately right now at IAD the only changes seem to be with increasing rates. But I'm hoping that with the holidays ended we'll see some price drops in the next week or so.
If RDU is an option for you I was seeing some fairly good options there on Sundays.

Originally Posted by IggySD

You may want to check SAN as well, it can be around $19 or $20 on the weekends.
Thanks, will do!

Originally Posted by BThumme
$14 a day at QRO (queretaro, mexico). I need to use my companies CDP since it comes with protection, but dang.
I'm finding it at $12 per rental for weekdays using this deal--amazing!

Last edited by l etoile; Jan 2, 2018 at 9:30 am
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
I really want to do a day of nonstop renting and returning but am also petrified that United could feel free to close my account for abusing the system that way, even though I know there are reports of people doing it. Renting cars is more fun then actually having to fly now.

Last edited by BThumme; Jan 2, 2018 at 11:48 am
Old Jan 2, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Do these miles count towards lifetime and calendar year PQM?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by jimdarcy
Do these miles count towards lifetime and calendar year PQM?
No only RDM.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
For the truly ambitious, the UA portal is showing a $2 all-in rate for Cancun. I know the draw for this low rate is they try to sell you the liability and other insurance (which you would normally want in Mexico), but you really wouldn't need it for rent-and-return.

However, if you're just planning to rent and return X times per day, and you find an employee that's on board, this may be the cheapest way...
Attached Images  
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by drew in the air
No only RDM.

thanks for the speedy reply!
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by BThumme
I really want to do a day of nonstop renting and returning but am also petrified that United could feel free to close my account for abusing the system that way, even though I know there are reports of people doing it. Renting cars is more fun then actually having to fly now.
I would looooooove to do multiple rentals per day (like in Cancun) but it certainly isn't worth having my account closed. Thoughts as to the riskiness of this?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:59 am

I am now having trouble getting the full 5750 miles to post. I was offered the 500 + 1500 + 3000 + 750 originally ,totaling 5750, through January. I did two rentals and got the full 5750 points. I then later got an email offering 2750 through March (without the 3000). I did four rentals in late December and all have now posted without the 3000.

I think that the full 5750 should apply since I have an email offering it through January. Anyone else have this problem? Should I contact Hertz or United Mleage Plus? Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
As long as there is any credit posted to UA, you should work through MPSC. If credit is missing entirely, it's a Hertz issue.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by JNelson113
I am now having trouble getting the full 5750 miles to post. I was offered the 500 + 1500 + 3000 + 750 originally ,totaling 5750, through January. I did two rentals and got the full 5750 points. I then later got an email offering 2750 through March (without the 3000). I did four rentals in late December and all have now posted without the 3000.

I think that the full 5750 should apply since I have an email offering it through January. Anyone else have this problem? Should I contact Hertz or United Mleage Plus? Thanks!
I would advise to wait for the 3,000 miles to post at a later time. You did mention you rented in Late December. Often, the 3,000 bonus posts later than the rental miles. In most cases for me they post in about 10-14 calendar days, but they have all posted. I would suggesting waiting till like Jan. 10ish to see if they will post, and I am almost certain that they will. I have never had an issue of the 3,000 miles not posting.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:41 am

Thanks very much to both of you!

hoangb, the only reason I ask is that first the 500 + 1500 miles posted (about a week later) then in the most recent sweep the 750 miles posted. Before, the 3000 and the 750 posted together, so that raised my concerns that I'm getting 2750 now (offer through March) vs. the 5750 originally offered through January.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Kind of surprised this promotion hasn't been extended yet - I feel like in the past, this would usually get pushed out before the offer actually expired by at least a few months. I also was able to make a booking in August using the CDP, even though I typically thought the promotion was only applicable to bookings that were completed before the offer expired.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:38 am
Yub

Originally Posted by JNelson113
Thanks very much to both of you!

hoangb, the only reason I ask is that first the 500 + 1500 miles posted (about a week later) then in the most recent sweep the 750 miles posted. Before, the 3000 and the 750 posted together, so that raised my concerns that I'm getting 2750 now (offer through March) vs. the 5750 originally offered through January.
The others are correct that the 3,000 + 750 usually take longer to show up in the account, but I suspect that you might have the same problem that I experienced. When I was missing the 3,000 + 750 miles, I learned from Hertz that the PC (Promotional Coupon) was not in the reservation Hertz received from united.com, even though I thought it was there when I made the reservation on united.com. What I found is that when you sign-in to united.com, do the initial search where the CDP and PC are pre-filled, you get the table of 1-3 rental companies and the different vehicle types. If you pick one of the choices and complete the reservation, the CDP and PC make it to the Hertz reservation and you should get all the miles. However, If you make any changes (dates, times, or locations) using the "Start a New Car Search" (the short form) box at the bottom of the page, the PC is often lost when the new search is done. On the subsequent verification and confirmation screens, you'll see that the PC is missing, and sometimes the CDP (displayed as the Discount Code) is missing as well. If you are not checking the details on each screen it's easy to miss that the PC is missing. So if Hertz doesn't get the PC, you don't get the 3,000 + 750.

Instead of using the short form box, if you click on Advanced Search, make your changes there while being sure that the CDP and PC are pre-filled, the PC is retained and not lost. Since I've started using the Advanced Search only, I am getting all my points. Prior to that, I had a couple dozen rentals where the 3,000 + 750 didn't post. All the miles were eventually credited, but it took way too much time and effort, and unfortunately the MPSC didn't seem interested in fixing the issue even though I offered to reproduce it for them.

I also found that once the reservation is booked, viewing the reservation on united.com before or after the rental doesn't show either the CDP and PC even if they made it to the Hertz reservation. The Hertz statement that is sent by email after the rental only shows the CDP, even if the PC was on the reservation, so you can't use the emailed statement as proof that the PC was on the reservation. To prove that the PC was on the reservation, you need to keep a screen shot of the united.com rental confirmation page, keep a hard copy of the Hertz rental agreement that is provided when you pick up the rental, or a hard copy of the rental receipt printed when the rental is returned. After the rental is complete, I haven't been able to find a way through the normal emails and info on both united.com and hertz.com that will prove that the PC was on the reservation.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by Yub
The others are correct that the 3,000 + 750 usually take longer to show up in the account, but I suspect that you might have the same problem that I experienced. When I was missing the 3,000 + 750 miles, I learned from Hertz that the PC (Promotional Coupon) was not in the reservation Hertz received from united.com, even though I thought it was there when I made the reservation on united.com. What I found is that when you sign-in to united.com, do the initial search where the CDP and PC are pre-filled, you get the table of 1-3 rental companies and the different vehicle types. If you pick one of the choices and complete the reservation, the CDP and PC make it to the Hertz reservation and you should get all the miles. However, If you make any changes (dates, times, or locations) using the "Start a New Car Search" (the short form) box at the bottom of the page, the PC is often lost when the new search is done. On the subsequent verification and confirmation screens, you'll see that the PC is missing, and sometimes the CDP (displayed as the Discount Code) is missing as well. If you are not checking the details on each screen it's easy to miss that the PC is missing. So if Hertz doesn't get the PC, you don't get the 3,000 + 750.

Instead of using the short form box, if you click on Advanced Search, make your changes there while being sure that the CDP and PC are pre-filled, the PC is retained and not lost. Since I've started using the Advanced Search only, I am getting all my points. Prior to that, I had a couple dozen rentals where the 3,000 + 750 didn't post. All the miles were eventually credited, but it took way too much time and effort, and unfortunately the MPSC didn't seem interested in fixing the issue even though I offered to reproduce it for them.

I also found that once the reservation is booked, viewing the reservation on united.com before or after the rental doesn't show either the CDP and PC even if they made it to the Hertz reservation. The Hertz statement that is sent by email after the rental only shows the CDP, even if the PC was on the reservation, so you can't use the emailed statement as proof that the PC was on the reservation. To prove that the PC was on the reservation, you need to keep a screen shot of the united.com rental confirmation page, keep a hard copy of the Hertz rental agreement that is provided when you pick up the rental, or a hard copy of the rental receipt printed when the rental is returned. After the rental is complete, I haven't been able to find a way through the normal emails and info on both united.com and hertz.com that will prove that the PC was on the reservation.
I have another suggestion on how to go about ensuring that the you get your 1,500 bonus miles booked via United website (which means you will get the bonus 3,000 bonus). The 750 is based on status. If you are a general member, you get nothing. If you are a CC holder you get an additional 250, if silver you get additional 500; and 750 for gold and above. So even if the PC # is missing, you will still get it.

Here is what I have done since the two times when I did not get my bonuses.
1. You don't necessary need to do the advanced search per se. I usually go to "Reservations" and click on it and then at the scroll down will show car bonus offer. Making reservations through this way is best.

2. Once you entered necessary info, and select the midsize car to book, you will go to the next page which shows the rate and PC. Make sure you see PC # 305023 on that page. If not, go back to the original step on the first page.

3. Once you have made your reservations, at some point go on Hertz.com and look over your reservations to make sure that each has the #305023 on it. If not, cancel it and redo it. Once, you see this code prior to confirmation your reservation, it automatically shows up on Hertz.com in the reservations.

4. Once you rent the car and they print you the receipt, the receipt should also have that PC code as well.

Since I followed these steps, all the bonus 1,500 and 3,000 miles have posted, albeit a little longer than the others.

Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.