Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I think the 5,750 bonus is over for now...that was done back in early September.

As for this offer - it will never end! .bomb shows it carrying through to the end of March 2018.
No, I did a one day rental in October and got the full bonus. I'll upload a picture shortly..
Old Nov 21, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC

I got 5500 miles from an October 10th rental.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by jjmoore
Just snagged a 3-day rental at SFO for a corporate trip for $110. This is almost 40% less than the corporate rate, and I will probably end up in an Infinity SUV again like I did the last 3 times renting out of SFO's PC section.
Be careful though - using the UA CDP instead of your corporate rate may end up removing the insurance that your corporate contract includes. If this is important to you, you may want to stick with the corporate rate.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 10:22 pm

I have almost a dozen one day reservations coming up. Two separate trips, where i plan to just return the car and re-check it out.

Is there a place online where i can go ahead and double check the CDP and the PC tied to the reservations? I don't see them in the app, hertz desktop website, or at united.

thanks in advance
Old Nov 24, 2017, 1:28 am

Programs: Lots
I think the 5,750 bonus is over for now...that was done back in early September.

As for this offer - it will never end! .bomb shows it carrying through to the end of March 2018.
The "summer" bonus that gives the extra 3k which pushes the total up to 5500 or 5750 got extended too. I finally received an email the other day confirming it was good through end of January. Its a great promo.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 6:14 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
I have almost a dozen one day reservations coming up. Two separate trips, where i plan to just return the car and re-check it out.

Is there a place online where i can go ahead and double check the CDP and the PC tied to the reservations? I don't see them in the app, hertz desktop website, or at united.

thanks in advance
Login on Hertz.com, go to View/Modify/Cancel a reservation, click on the confirmation number for the reservation in question. It will display your reservation, and near the top under "Your itinerary" you should see:
Discounts
CDP: UNITED A\L FF DISCOUNT #
PC: 305023
Old Nov 24, 2017, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by bob12403
Login on Hertz.com, go to View/Modify/Cancel a reservation, click on the confirmation number for the reservation in question. It will display your reservation, and near the top under "Your itinerary" you should see:
Discounts
CDP: UNITED A\L FF DISCOUNT #
PC: 305023

thank you!!

Heading to to the airport. And I thought it was weird that all my bookings showed up w Amex plat cdp. Good thing I went in and changed it
Old Nov 24, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IggySD
The "summer" bonus that gives the extra 3k which pushes the total up to 5500 or 5750 got extended too. I finally received an email the other day confirming it was good through end of January. Its a great promo.
Is there an updated link you can put in the wiki? The current link is expired.

Are the promo codes the same for the promo that runs through January (as specified in the wiki)?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by getagb
Is there an updated link you can put in the wiki? The current link is expired.

Are the promo codes the same for the promo that runs through January (as specified in the wiki)?
It's the same promo code. As for whether they are still paying the summer bonus well into winter, that seems to be a YMMV experience. But it is the same code (305023).
Old Nov 24, 2017, 2:41 pm

It's the same promo code. As for whether they are still paying the summer bonus well into winter, that seems to be a YMMV experience. But it is the same code (305023).
What about the two other codes at the bottom of the wiki, 306644 (5000 Miles) and 306832 (7500 miles)? I shouldn’t use one of those? (If they’re obsolete, should I delete them from the wiki?)

Thanks for helping me out, this will be my first time using this promo.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by getagb
What about the two other codes at the bottom of the wiki, 306644 (5000 Miles) and 306832 (7500 miles)? I shouldn’t use one of those? (If they’re obsolete, should I delete them from the wiki?)

Thanks for helping me out, this will be my first time using this promo.
Those expired a long time ago.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 10:19 pm

Those expired a long time ago.
Thanks 👍🏼. I deleted them from the Wiki.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
My wife and I have so far received our points for 7 rentals since the January 2018 extension, with several more rentals to go. Each of the seven has received 5,250 in total miles, so at least from our perspective this is not YMMV. Given that many people here, myself included, received an email in just the past week reiterating the availability of the 5,250 offer, I'm confident that this offer will be honored for upcoming rentals (at least if you're targeted, which we are).

Our experience is that it takes roughly 10 days to receive all the points, with the 1,500 and 500 posting together first, followed by both the 3,000 and 250 at one time around a week later. The delay between the first set of posts and the second does make you start wondering if you're going to get that second round of points for each rental.

And I will repeat a caution to the folks booking for the first time: if you start doing multiple searches, and especially if you use the advanced search feature, the codes sometimes will drop off from your initial entry. Double-check your reservation to make sure both codes are included. One additional caveat: I have done a fair amount of rebookings of existing reservations as I've found price drops. I'm always careful to cancel the older reservation. At least at IAD, some of the cancelled reservations show up as "open reservations" at the checkout gate, so that the person checking me out is seeing multiple reservations for the same time and the same day. If they choose an older reservation, the rate I've been charged is of course higher than the last, lowest rate I reserved. The difference is usually just a few dollars, as I'm always booking in a range of $22-$27.

I've started bringing a copy of the correct reservation with me and comparing it to the receipt handed to me when I'm at the checkout gate. In past instances, I've had to go into the office after returning the car, where they've either cancelled the completed reservation and reissued it with the correct rate, or just issued me a credit that can be used for a future rental.

Last edited by bob12403; Nov 25, 2017 at 6:43 am
Old Nov 25, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
After stumbling into this offer (thanks flyertalk!), I've done 13 reservations at 5,750 miles since this summer for right at 75,000 United miles. Just the 3,000 "Summer" Bonus has racked up 39,000 United miles.

I've only used Hertz when rental rates were comparable to Budget/Avis, and I think there have only been a couple of times when Hertz wasn't equivalent or cheaper in the locations I've traveled.

I needed to boost my United miles up a bit quickly for an upcoming trip (and I'm goofy and not proud to admit it), so there have been three times when I returned the car and checked out the same car when I was staying at an airport hotel. I could do the whole thing in 30 minutes and pick up an extra 5,750 miles.

Your clients or employer probably wouldn't appreciate it if that caused a higher overall rental rate, but I found several situations where a one-day and a two-day rental was cheaper than a three-day rental or a three-day and one-day rental was significantly cheaper than a four-day "week" rental. As long as you are booking cars in the same rental class, no one has objected to me taking the car I just returned. At this point, i don't even bother filling it up with gas on the first return. I just tell them the miles, and they send me back on my way with the same car.

I'll be sad to see this "summer" offer go away next spring.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
I just don't understand how this works for Hertz or UA. I'm renting a car tomorrow for $38. I'll collect 5750 miles, conservatively valued at $86. Or looking at it another way, UA is selling the miles for about 1/2 cent and throwing in a free car rental. I don't get it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.