Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM

Just got this offer today to my GS account:

5000 miles for 2 day rental of mid-size or 7500 for 3-day rental of full-size -- Until September 30.

I read the T&Cs twice and still can't figure out whether you can use it more than once.

Last edited by J.Edward; Oct 15, 2015 at 3:06 pm Reason: Update thread title
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Very annoyed to get this offer after completing a rental this past weekend...with no additional travel currently scheduled before the end of September.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Very annoyed to get this offer after completing a rental this past weekend...with no additional travel currently scheduled before the end of September.
I'm also curious who it went out to. I got it as a GS; my wife and kids are Golds, but have not received (at least not yet). So only Plat and above?

I'm also curious about whether you can use it multiple times. I just booked a 3-day full-size rental for less than $150. To me the miles are worth more than that. If it's truly repeatable, maybe I'll rent cars for the rest of the month instead of driving my own.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:15 pm
Suspended

I'm Premier Platinum and got that offer this morning too. Just re-booked one of my upcoming reservations with this new PC code. Including insurance, the 2-day rental would be equivalent to buying UA miles straight up at 1.89cpm while getting a car rental for free. Excellent deal indeed.

The sad thing is that for that trip, I'll be earning ~3300 miles from the flying but a whopping 6250 miles from the car rental.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
There's an offer on my account showing a less generous offer..

Limited-time offer: Now through October 31, 2015, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.
IS there a CDP/PC with that offer? and is it restricted to united.com?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by entropy
There's an offer on my account showing a less generous offer..

IS there a CDP/PC with that offer? and is it restricted to united.com?
That's a separate offer - I've had that one showing for a while.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K - DL Million Miler - AS 100K
Originally Posted by porciuscato
I'm also curious who it went out to. I got it as a GS; my wife and kids are Golds, but have not received (at least not yet). So only Plat and above?

I'm also curious about whether you can use it multiple times. I just booked a 3-day full-size rental for less than $150. To me the miles are worth more than that. If it's truly repeatable, maybe I'll rent cars for the rest of the month instead of driving my own.
Lifetime 1K - Four flights on United for all of 2015. Not a peep of an offer. Go figure.

Houston Traveler
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Is this an e-mail, or appearing in the actual MP account once you log in?

Plat here, I don't see jack.....
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:27 pm

Never posted, but have been a lurker!
This is a great offer! It can be used on multiple rentals in the month of September at both airport and off-airport locations.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:30 pm

Nothing for this 1K....I did get a book a vacation of your dreams to Hawaii offer.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cargojon
Is this an e-mail, or appearing in the actual MP account once you log in?

Plat here, I don't see jack.....

Email offer.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by porciuscato
Email offer.
Thanks - Nothing here.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold
I checked my email Promotions tab in Gmail, and noticed I had this 5000 miles offer too. I cancelled the Hertz reservation I had for later this week, booked thru the email offer, and I'm all set!
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Nothing here. Maybe I've been using the 2,750 one too much.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Boghopper
Nothing here. Maybe I've been using the 2,750 one too much.
I've used it the past 2 weekends and still got this latest promotion. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.