Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: UA 1K
I'm flying J to Europe because of this promotion last year.... It's been awesome. I have a ton of quick in/outs along the east coast, most 750 or less PQM. So I don't typically have the mileage cache that many other frequent fliers do.... But this promotion is my absolute sweet spot.

Btw, my mileage has been posting within 24 hours of completed rental- just about every time.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Email offer just hit - 3,000 bonus miles for next 2 rentals prior to April 15, 2017 (same PC code as above).

I should take up all the miles I have been getting on Hertz...a bit ridiculous at this point!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Email offer just hit - 3,000 bonus miles for next 2 rentals prior to April 15, 2017 (same PC code as above).

I should take up all the miles I have been getting on Hertz...a bit ridiculous at this point!
I see that the T&C for this extra 3,000 mile bonus says "recipients of this email only." I got one, but my wife did not. Would like to book one for her (solo trip by her). Does anyone know whether the "recipients only" T&C is enforced? It would seem this might require more IT expertise to enforce than the sender has been demonstrated to possess.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 7:46 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Hertz UA Promo Valid for In-City Pickups?

United's website only allows the customer to enter airport locations for rental car pickups. Can the rental car company's own website be used for city pickups and still generate lucrative promos like the longstanding one of up to 2,750 UA miles per Hertz rental using the appropriate CDP and promo code?
Old Jan 28, 2017, 7:57 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Explore
United's website only allows the customer to enter airport locations for rental car pickups. Can the rental car company's own website be used for city pickups and still generate lucrative promos like the longstanding one of up to 2,750 UA miles per Hertz rental using the appropriate CDP and promo code?
Older post but to point
Originally Posted by Goodtimes321
Tried 5-6 rentals, Heres my results.

1. Booked on hertz.com with cdp and pc at an off airport location- received 0 miles

2. Booked on United.com for airport location and then changed to off airport location on hertz.com - received the 500 +750

3. Booked airport location on united.com - received 2750

The miles posted very inconsistently. ALL miles posted on Saturdays. I should note 5/6 rentals were in CANADA.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:02 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
i haven't been credited the 1500 for one booking i made in mid december. base 500 + 750 for plat credited but not the 1500 booking bonus. should i contact hertz frequent traveller or mileage plus?

i am making tons off hertz as a ua plat by booking one day rentals from off airport in africa that cost $10/day total. and that's for class t: mini (the cheapest and lowest)

Originally Posted by Explore
you sorta answered your question with regards to the 1500: the united.com booking bonus is for united.com bookings.

otherwise yes you will get the 1250: i don't even use the cdp and promo code, book directly thru hertz, and i still get the 500 base + 750 plat. in africa the rates are actually higher (but unlimited km) with the cdp and promo code than booked without.

miles for my african rentals do not automatically post, so the day after i return the car i apply for credit via: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partn...roFormView.jsp

i get an email the next day around 1200hrs gmt saying i have been credited.

Last edited by cur; Jan 30, 2017 at 4:08 am
Old Feb 9, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA PLT
Anyone having problems with the promo lately? Did it several times last year and got 500 base, 500 gold and silver bonus, and 1500 united.com booking bonus.

Most recent rental, in late January, I got the 500 base and 1500 ua.com booking bonus, but not the Platinum/1K 750 bonus (moved up a level in status since my last rental).

Obviously a tiny issue, but wondering if anyone else is experiencing.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dcaiadflyer
Anyone having problems with the promo lately? Did it several times last year and got 500 base, 500 gold and silver bonus, and 1500 united.com booking bonus.

Most recent rental, in late January, I got the 500 base and 1500 ua.com booking bonus, but not the Platinum/1K 750 bonus (moved up a level in status since my last rental).

I saw exactly the same thing for a booking in mid-January. I was going to give them a little bit longer before writing. With partner earnings, I'm never sure whom to contact anyway -- I don't know if this is a Hertz issue or a UA issue.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA PLT
Originally Posted by jsloan
I saw exactly the same thing for a booking in mid-January. I was going to give them a little bit longer before writing. With partner earnings, I'm never sure whom to contact anyway -- I don't know if this is a Hertz issue or a UA issue.
Good to know it's not just me! I also have no idea whom to contact, but I think it may actually be Hertz. UA's website says to wait 8 weeks and then contact, so I'll probably just see what happens. Before the change to PQDs, I don't think I would've even bothered with following up on 750 miles...
Old Feb 9, 2017, 1:25 pm

I am still waiting on the 750 bonus miles as well from a few weeks back. I will give MP Center a call once it goes over a month.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:29 pm

I am still waiting on the 750 bonus miles as well from a few weeks back. I will give MP Center a call once it goes over a month.
As others have noted upthread, the timing of the 750 mile Plat/1K bonus seems to be highly variable and unpredictable. Over the years I have had the 750 sometimes appear in the first week after the rental, and sometimes 2 months later.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by dcaiadflyer

I've had 8 rentals since November and I've had to email Hertz for every single one.
The only thing that posts automatically is:
MM/DD/YYYY Hertz Rental [Location] | 500
for the date of the Rental Return.

Usually after waiting 6 weeks after the return, I email Hertz, and the following will appear in 2-3 days (back-dated to the original rental return date)

MM/DD/YYYY Hertz Premier Silver & Gold Bonus | 1000
MM/DD/YYYY Hertz 3K Rental BonusHertz 3K Rental BonusHertz 3K Renta | 3000
Old Feb 11, 2017, 6:06 am

750 bonus miles hit overnight for a rental completed on January 16th.

Now, onto waiting for my 2,750 + 3,000 bonus miles for a rental done last weekend...
Old Feb 11, 2017, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

750 bonus miles hit overnight for a rental completed on January 16th.
Ditto. Maybe they're running monthly sweeps now for the bonus miles?
Old Feb 11, 2017, 7:54 am

For the rental I am pricing UA promo rates seem to be almost double the rates I get with AAA CDP code (and somewhat higher than no code at all). Is that expected?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.