FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1706695-hertz-mp-offers-consolidated-earn-up-1-250-miles-bonus-based-ua-status.html)

sannmann Sep 12, 2018 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by ncSam (Post 30101863)
Same here, still waiting on the 1500 booking bonus and the 250 Chase cardholder bonus.

What’s the Chase cardholder bonus? Is it for everyone who pays for their Hertz rental with their Chase card?

oopl Sep 12, 2018 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by sannmann (Post 30197182)
What’s the Chase cardholder bonus? Is it for everyone who pays for their Hertz rental with their Chase card?

Chase United card holder.

Starman Sep 12, 2018 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by oopl (Post 30197317)
Chase United card holder.

Sorry, there are multiple Chase United Visa cards (Explorer, Signature, etc. etc.) Which one is intended here?

oopl Sep 12, 2018 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Starman (Post 30197319)
Sorry, there are multiple Chase United Visa cards (Explorer, Signature, etc. etc.) Which one is intended here?

All, according to UA.

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...faq/hertz.html

BBSHOPSINGER Sep 12, 2018 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Starman (Post 30197319)

I'm not aware of a cardholder bonus, just the premier bonus. Although the Club Card does give the President's Circle benefit.

sannmann Sep 13, 2018 10:59 am

Originally Posted by oopl (Post 30197355)

According to this link, no Chase cardholder bonus if one receives the Premier bonus. In other words, this bonus is for Chase cardholders who don't hold United Premier status.

turbov6 Sep 16, 2018 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by turbov6 (Post 30197086)
Just over two months now and the 1500 bonus miles for a multi-day rental in July still haven't posted. I reached out to United customer service but haven't had any luck. Has anyone else been able to get the 1500 miles credited that didn't post automatically? Thanks!

Finally got a followup response from United regarding the 1500 bonus miles that haven't posted for a July rental:

"There is a known issue with the online booking bonus for Hertz rentals that has impacted multiple accounts. We are asking Hertz to review and provide authorization for credit on accounts at this time. I will include your account with the others being reviewed and reach out to you within the next 5-7 business days."

BBSHOPSINGER Sep 16, 2018 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by turbov6 (Post 30211626)
Finally got a followup response from United regarding the 1500 bonus miles that haven't posted for a July rental:

"There is a known issue with the online booking bonus for Hertz rentals that has impacted multiple accounts. We are asking Hertz to review and provide authorization for credit on accounts at this time. I will include your account with the others being reviewed and reach out to you within the next 5-7 business days."

Thanks, I haven't received my miles, Maybe I can get them to include my rentals as well.

tstauck Sep 17, 2018 5:28 pm

Still waiting for my 1500 United.com booking bonus from July as well. They first said it would be up to 8 weeks for the credit. I wrote them again since the 8 weeks has now passed. I received this today:

"In order to provide a thorough and complete response, your inquiry will require some research. If our research indicates that an adjustment needs to be made to your account, it will be made within four weeks."

- Tom

PsiFighter37 Sep 17, 2018 8:23 pm

Anyone think this is the end of the promo? Less than 2 weeks until it expires...it has always been renewed by this point in time...

jjmoore Sep 18, 2018 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 (Post 30215285)
Anyone think this is the end of the promo? Less than 2 weeks until it expires...it has always been renewed by this point in time...

I sure hope so, though it's not looking like it this time. I have used this promo around 50 times in the last 3 years... netting close to 135,000 miles.... far more valuable transaction than putting points into the Hertz bank or any other destination. It has been a good run.

tstauck Sep 19, 2018 10:08 am

The 1500 United.com booking bonus miles from 7/4 finally posted to my account today. Wrote in twice and they finally responded today the miles were posted successfully.

BBSHOPSINGER Sep 19, 2018 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by tstauck (Post 30221561)
The 1500 United.com booking bonus miles from 7/4 finally posted to my account today. Wrote in twice and they finally responded today the miles were posted successfully.

Did you write in to United or to Hertz?

tstauck Sep 19, 2018 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER (Post 30222117)
Did you write in to United or to Hertz?

United, twice. The first time they responded it can take up to 8 weeks to post, after the 8 weeks I wrote again and they responded "we'll research it". Then only about 2-3 days to post it, luckily :)

- Tom

ncSam Sep 19, 2018 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by ncSam (Post 30101863)
Same here, still waiting on the 1500 booking bonus and the 250 Chase cardholder bonus.

Wrote in to United 2 days ago about the 1500 bonus not posting (the 250 has since posted) from a mid July rental. Just received an email back that the 1500 miles have been posted, finally.