Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Old May 16, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: UA 1K
I'm at a little over 15k miles this year from this promotion. Since it pops up immediately on my Hertz account, count me as one of those happy with a UA promotion for once.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 10:16 am

Anyone have luck crediting to a different United Mileage Plus member?

My mother needs miles and I need a rental car next week. Can I book it in my name but under her frequent flyer number, or do the names have to match?
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Hertz rental name and M+ account name must match.

Rent the car in her name and add yourself as authorized driver who will pick up the car.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 1:46 pm

Well that sounds like a plan! But will I have to show them her driver's license if it's in her name? She won't be with me. And we have seperate last names!
Old Jul 7, 2016, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Had a couple $50 weekend rentals with this offer... 5,500 award miles for $100 and 4 total days of car rental in STL... yes.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
On .bomb, it says this offer is now good until October 31, 2016.

This 'special' has been continuously extended...is that a sign that it's making money for both Hertz and UA?
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
On .bomb, it says this offer is now good until October 31, 2016.

This 'special' has been continuously extended...is that a sign that it's making money for both Hertz and UA?
The quoted rate from UA's promotion is 95% of the time absolutely ridiculous expensive compared to corporate rates, Travelocity rates, and even the rates quoted directly through Hertz without entering any promotion. It's obvious that you will pay $$ for those 2750 miles. I will say, however, that I have booked probably 7 or 8 times this year with this promotion and had some stellar weekend rates on my fun trips with this promotion. I'm not sure how they price these rates out.... during the week for my business rentals, I cannot justify paying $200 more to do the promotion vs. the corporate rate. Weekend rates where I pay like $55 a.i. with the promotion... you cannot argue for a second.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by jjmoore
The quoted rate from UA's promotion is 95% of the time absolutely ridiculous expensive compared to corporate rates, Travelocity rates, and even the rates quoted directly through Hertz without entering any promotion. It's obvious that you will pay $$ for those 2750 miles. I will say, however, that I have booked probably 7 or 8 times this year with this promotion and had some stellar weekend rates on my fun trips with this promotion. I'm not sure how they price these rates out.... during the week for my business rentals, I cannot justify paying $200 more to do the promotion vs. the corporate rate. Weekend rates where I pay like $55 a.i. with the promotion... you cannot argue for a second.
Yep. For one way rentals, no way. But anytime I have to return to same airport, always worth a look. I think it was an extra $5 for me my last rental compared to Avis. $5 for 2500 UA miles pretty much.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jjmoore
Really? I've found UA's rates to almost always be markedly better than the standard rates that are quoted via Hertz. Depending on what you value 2750 miles at, that can be like paying for a weekend rental in LAX for free. YMMV, but I have found it extremely beneficial, and clipping 2750 miles for a ton of car rentals has been great.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
Anyone have trouble getting the bonus miles booked?

I have two now, where the base miles booked 500 points, but nothing else. Two others, I got the silver-gold bonus, and when I wrote Hertz about this, they said I had to have it booked that way, which I did!!! I replied to this, but now radio silence.

#not amused.

tips to getting this sorted? I'm talking about 10,000 miles now!
Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps

I have two now, where the base miles booked 500 points, but nothing else.
My most recent rental was on 8/13. I got the 500 base miles, but haven't yet gotten the United.com booking bonus or the status bonus. I was giving them another week or two before I started to worry...
Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold

I have two now, where the base miles booked 500 points, but nothing else. Two others, I got the silver-gold bonus, and when I wrote Hertz about this, they said I had to have it booked that way, which I did!!! I replied to this, but now radio silence.

#not amused.

I had the same problem. A message to the MileagePlus desk for "missing mileage credit" corrected it, but I had to explicitly state that I had already contacted Hertz and am missing just the "Gold/Silver Bonus".
Old Aug 28, 2016, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K
A quick word of warning that you should probably periodically check that your hertz.com profile is configured to "decline" Hertz Gold Plus Rewards points and is instead linked to your United MileagePlus account.

I just completed a one-day rental which I was expecting to earn UA miles and which -- according to the receipt I got when I turned in the car -- instead earned Hertz points. I checked my renter profile on Hertz's web site and indeed, somehow, the "accept Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Points" setting had been enabled. No clue how this happened; definitely not a change I made, and prior Hertz rentals credited to UA rather than earning Hertz points.

I did have to visit the Gold counter at the start of this rental to add a new form of payment (my linked MileagePlus Explorer card had expired), but not sure if that process would also have changed the points preference (wacky). I will write to Hertz now and guess we'll see whether this is fixable.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by mherdeg
A quick word of warning that you should probably periodically check that your hertz.com profile is configured to "decline" Hertz Gold Plus Rewards points and is instead linked to your United MileagePlus account....
I changed credit cards on the Hertz account recently and later discovered that the "decline" Hertz rewards got magically turned off when I did it. So yeah, probably double-check on every rental.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles

#not amused.

I was 5 for 5 on *not* getting the united.com bonus miles.

I replied to the first e-mail, and kindly suggested that this needed further investigation as perhaps something had gone awry when united transferred the booking to their system, as I had 5 bookings, all made the same way, and none posted with the bonus miles. Furthermore, I had carefully checked all my reservations, and the reservations were made correctly, and if necessary, I could provide these to Hertz as proof that I made the bookings correctly.

I was told the bonus miles had been registered and will appear on my United account within 10 days.

I'm on day 3 waiting, nothing there.

I'll keep you posted on the saga... it's 10,000 miles all together, so not keen to let this go easily.

And, my last rental #6 from 3 days ago hasn't posted at all... but it was from France, so perhaps it is getting a special 'French' treatment.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.