Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I've never booked through the United rental car website, though with an offer to receive 2,200+ miles, I figured I'd give it a shot. The booking platform seemed easy to use and it accepted my Hertz PC # for the res. I can't tell for sure, but it seems like I'll qualify for my Hertz benefits and earn points as well as the UA miles? The confirmation # ends in GOLD, so I assume it took the PC # without issue..
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I've never booked through the United rental car website, though with an offer to receive 2,200+ miles, I figured I'd give it a shot. The booking platform seemed easy to use and it accepted my Hertz PC # for the res. I can't tell for sure, but it seems like I'll qualify for my Hertz benefits and earn points as well as the UA miles? The confirmation # ends in GOLD, so I assume it took the PC # without issue..
Benefits, yes, but not Hertz points. You have to elect to earn MileagePlus miles -- and pay the per-day fee -- for the promotion to take effect.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by pollyG
Same here. Not even the initial 500 miles have been posted for the July rentals.
The initial 500 for a July rental finally showed up for me today. We'll see if the bonus miles appear next week.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Had 500 miles show up today for a rental last weekend. Not a fan of the new system at all...in the past, the 500 base miles + the 1500 .bomb bonus miles hit together, and the 750 miles based on UA status would come later. Now it seems like it will just hit the account randomly at some point.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tromer
The initial 500 for a July rental finally showed up for me today. We'll see if the bonus miles appear next week.
Same here, still waiting on the 1500 booking bonus and the 250 Chase cardholder bonus.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
I booked with the AAA CDP- rate was cheaper. Will I still get the United bonus miles?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sannmann
I booked with the AAA CDP- rate was cheaper. Will I still get the United bonus miles?
Likely not. The terms of the promotion require using both the United CDP and PC for the offer.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Had 500 miles show up today for a rental last weekend.
500 miles just showed up over the weekend for a July rental.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by ncSam
Same here, still waiting on the 1500 booking bonus and the 250 Chase cardholder bonus.
750 Plat/1K/GS bonus showed up sometime in the past few days. No other bonuses appeared (yet).
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:55 am

750 Plat/1K/GS bonus showed up sometime in the past few days. No other bonuses appeared (yet).
To close this, the 1500 bonus finally posted this weekend. Again, this is for a July rental.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:14 pm

I was going to give this service a shot, but noticed they don't have the Save & Pay Now option I can get with Hertz direct. My plans are always pretty solid, so I'm better off saving $ (and forfeiting any UA miles on this one)
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:38 pm

To close this, the 1500 bonus finally posted this weekend. Again, this is for a July rental.
Still waiting for the 1500 bonus to post for a late July rental (+2 days). Maybe this weekend coming up it finally will.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I got my 1500 miles posted a few days back for an early August rental. My question right now...are they going to extend this promotion? Usually they have extended it before you get to the same month as expiration...I have a number of rental bookings I would like to make, but it's not clear there will be an extension...
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by glbltvlr
Has anyone successfully signed up for 1K -> Presidents Circle status recently.
Took 3 days for me.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by turbov6
500 miles just showed up over the weekend for a July rental.
Just over two months now and the 1500 bonus miles for a multi-day rental in July still haven't posted. I reached out to United customer service but haven't had any luck. Has anyone else been able to get the 1500 miles credited that didn't post automatically? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.