Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: DL DM
Has anyone tried booking through their travel agent, using their normal corporate discount code, but using the promotional code here?

Curious about whether that would work...

Concern is that I think my firm requires us to use the corporate discount for low (perhaps because I would not have insurance coverage if I don't use the corporate code).

Alternatively, if creating the original booking through United.com is required, I wonder if then going to Hertz.com and changing the corporate discount to my firm's but leaving the promotional code in there would work?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by AeoNKiNG
Has anyone tried booking through their travel agent, using their normal corporate discount code, but using the promotional code here?

Curious about whether that would work...

Concern is that I think my firm requires us to use the corporate discount for low (perhaps because I would not have insurance coverage if I don't use the corporate code).

Alternatively, if creating the original booking through United.com is required, I wonder if then going to Hertz.com and changing the corporate discount to my firm's but leaving the promotional code in there would work?
I tried going to Hertz.com on one of my corporate bookings and adding the code. The website indicated that the code was not allowed on that booking and I would have to start over on the reservation if I wanted to change the code.

So I accepted that I couldn't do it. The strange thing is that I ended up getting the bonus miles on that rental!
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
It looks like this offer has now been extended through January 31, 2018.

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles.

Last edited by ncSam; Sep 14, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ncSam
It looks like this offer has now been extended through January 31, 2018.
I wonder if this keeps getting extended because Hertz is hurting financially and needs as many customers as it can get.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
Not sure of the motivation but this promo is terrific. Hope it keeps coming indefinitely...
Old Sep 14, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
I've been able to use the offer over and over most weekends, only about $18 to rent a car on the weekend, maybe $30 out the door for one day. Great promo!
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
The gift that keeps on giving... I wonder if the 3K targeted Chase MP promo will be extended, too.

That one is the best for me. I've rented partial days on a weekends for $29... 189 mi/USD.

Edit: Just received email, the 3K Chase MP promo is extended to January 31, 2018 also.

Last edited by Wooglin; Sep 22, 2017 at 6:44 am
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Wanted to United miles for my wife's account, but I will be the main driver. So, is it OK if I login my wife's MP account and then use my Hertz's profile or would this create a conflict in the two systems?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by jediwho
Wanted to United miles for my wife's account, but I will be the main driver. So, is it OK if I login my wife's MP account and then use my Hertz's profile or would this create a conflict in the two systems?
Should work fine, but just to be sure- put your wife's MP number on your Hertz profile before the rental date, and I'd recommend leaving it there until the miles post.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Wooglin
Should work fine, but just to be sure- put your wife's MP number on your Hertz profile before the rental date, and I'd recommend leaving it there until the miles post.
Oooooh. I’d appreciate the data point after this move.

I get targeted hertz offers due to UA status and united club card but haven’t even thought about doing the above when it wasn’t me traveling but wife
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:20 pm

It would be great if this offer was pairable w Amex plat 4 hr grace return window
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DesertRat
Not sure of the motivation but this promo is terrificly...
Motivation? Seriously?

Motivation is attracting business travelers who don't care about spending more money than necessary for a car (to their employers' detriment) solely in order to get some pretty expensive FF miles. I think I've taken advantage of this deal all of once in three years. Since I spend my own money, the deal is actually pretty lousy. Strictly a business traveler target, plus it probably some on their own dime who can't calculate value.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Strictly a business traveler target, plus it probably some on their own dime who can't calculate value.
Nonsense. This rate requires the United CDP. I wouldn't even consider renting a car for business using the United CDP instead of my corporate one. For one thing, I could get in hot water with travel; for another thing, my corporate rate, like many, includes LDW. For corporate rentals, I just go with the company's preferred provider, which isn't Hertz anyway.

For personal rentals, I compare rates and go with whatever makes the most sense. If the rates are similar, I'll normally go with National, especially this time of year, as One-Two-Free is a great promo and National free days work great for me. However, if Hertz is considerably cheaper, I'll take the UA miles and call it a win.

I had a one-day rental at ORD recently; National was something like $80, and the Hertz promo rate was $36 (all-in). And, since they status match Platinum and up to President's Circle, I ended up driving an Infiniti (Q50, I think, but it might have been a Q60) for that price. I think I did OK value-wise.
RandomBaritone likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by jsloan
Nonsense. This rate requires the United CDP. I wouldn't even consider renting a car for business using the United CDP instead of my corporate one. For one thing, I could get in hot water with travel; for another thing, my corporate rate, like many, includes LDW. For corporate rentals, I just go with the company's preferred provider, which isn't Hertz anyway.
Obviously your company has a better CDP than mine... I always end up doing due diligence to quote both my company CDP and the UA CDP, and find the UA one is always the same or cheaper. Screenshot both, and book the UA one. Our LDW is covered on an independent policy either way.

Coupled with the 3K targeted Chase MP Card and Premier bonus- 5,500 miles/rental is hard to beat. Especially since most of my rentals are one day (or partial days).
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
This generally works well for me. I can't use it for corporate travel because of the requirement to book through the corporate travel website. However, the prices I find for personal travel are generally very competitive. If they are more than an alternative, they are usually close enough that the 5K miles offer, combined with President's Circle (Club Card benefit) make it very much worth my while to go with Hertz.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.