Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Princeofpersia
I talked to them, they said I need to wait for the full 6-8 weeks. You guys really think it takes that long to get the 3000 points part? Everything else has posted
You might as well. Once I waited the requisite time, the missing 1,500 miles I was missing posted virtually instantaneously after I filed a missing miles request.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Princeofpersia
I talked to them, they said I need to wait for the full 6-8 weeks. You guys really think it takes that long to get the 3000 points part? Everything else has posted
They made me wait that long during the summer bonus before they would credit the 3000 miles (it did not post automatically for any of my rentals).

Got the email that extended the offer into fall/winter and again haven't seen the 3000 miles for a rental several weeks ago, so I expect to have to do the same thing after 8 weeks have elapsed.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Anyone have trouble getting all the miles to post if you put your Hertz #1 gold club number in as well (on united.com)? I obviously want the car to be waiting for me, but I don't want to forfeit these points by accidentally getting the Hertz program credited instead. I assume it's not an issue since I haven't seen it discussed here?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JNelson113
Anyone have trouble getting all the miles to post if you put your Hertz #1 gold club number in as well (on united.com)? I obviously want the car to be waiting for me, but I don't want to forfeit these points by accidentally getting the Hertz program credited instead. I assume it's not an issue since I haven't seen it discussed here?
No issue. As long as you have the correct CDP and Promotional Certificate, you'll be fine.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz Gold
I attemped to book cars several times (5-6) through United.Com, over several months of this promo. Errored out every time at end of booking process. Tried switching from Chrome to IE, same results.
Booked cars instead thru Hertz.Com with proper CDP and PC codes on reservation and receipt.
Did NOT receive ANY points after one month.
Contact resulted in usual runaround between Hertz and UA. UA web does not accept claims from non-airline partners; Hertz wants me to contact United.
I have filed via email w Hertz; will report back on results.
Does anyone have any idea why the United.Com site cannot complete the booking? Any workarounds? Suggestions?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:49 am

No problem reserving through UA using the CDP, UA promo code, and Hertz # gold number. On my two recent rentals, each received 500 (1 rental day) + 1500 (united.com booking bonus) + 750 (1K bonus) + 3000 (Hertz summer offer) = 5750 miles! Make sure in your Hertz #1 gold profile, you select earning airline miles instead of gold points.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Thanks all! Will check my Hertz profile right now to confirm, thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
I'm seriously addicted to this stuff.Especially for cheap one or two day weekend rentals. I can get a "like-new" car, 5,750 united miles, and put on 3-500 miles for around $25. Instead of having my girlfriend take a bus or amtrak to visit me, I can just go pick her up instead as my personal car is unfortunately (2002) a bit dated.

And with Presidents Circle, I can also pick my car with Hertz. This stuff is addicting and much more exciting then mileage runs, since I earn 50x more miles this way.
Slurve30 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Yes, I'm planning a few more one day weekend rentals! No problems with booking it or getting the points.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by BThumme
I'm seriously addicted to this stuff.Especially for cheap one or two day weekend rentals. I can get a "like-new" car, 5,750 united miles, and put on 3-500 miles for around $25. Instead of having my girlfriend take a bus or amtrak to visit me, I can just go pick her up instead as my personal car is unfortunately (2002) a bit dated.

And with Presidents Circle, I can also pick my car with Hertz. This stuff is addicting and much more exciting then mileage runs, since I earn 50x more miles this way.
I think the 5,750 bonus is over for now...that was done back in early September.

As for this offer - it will never end! .bomb shows it carrying through to the end of March 2018.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Just snagged a 3-day rental at SFO for a corporate trip for $110. This is almost 40% less than the corporate rate, and I will probably end up in an Infinity SUV again like I did the last 3 times renting out of SFO's PC section.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
Folks - my first time I noticed that i was targeted for this offer - 5k / rental. What I'm trying to figure out, is if there's a minimum # of days required for the rental? I realize it's a mid-size car or larger. but what's the duration? I don't see anything in the fine-print of the email - but still wanted to confirm, understand your experiences. Thx!
Old Nov 21, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by gya007
Folks - my first time I noticed that i was targeted for this offer - 5k / rental. What I'm trying to figure out, is if there's a minimum # of days required for the rental? I realize it's a mid-size car or larger. but what's the duration? I don't see anything in the fine-print of the email - but still wanted to confirm, understand your experiences. Thx!
We've been doing "one-day" rentals for as little as two hours (rent car>get lunch>return car) and all UA miles have posted.

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I think the 5,750 bonus is over for now...that was done back in early September.

As for this offer - it will never end! .bomb shows it carrying through to the end of March 2018.
The targeted 5,250 total bonus (I'm not UA elite, so "just" 5,250 for me) was extended in September and is good through the end of January. I'm collecting on it right now, and even received an email reminder about it from UA just yesterday.

Not sure what you mean by "this offer" that will never end. Are you referring to the 1,500 mile component of the 5,250 bonus? Yes, that does indeed carry through the end of March, but without the 3,000 miles on top of it after January 2018 the overall bonus offer becomes far less attractive.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 21, 2017 at 10:28 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:31 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bob12403
... Not sure what you mean by "this offer" that will never end. Are you referring to the 1,500 mile component of the 5,250 bonus? Yes, that does indeed carry through the end of March, but without the 3,000 miles on top of it after January 2018 the overall bonus offer becomes far less attractive.
This "short-time" offer has been around for over 2 years, extended every 3 months or so.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
You guys keep saying 5,250 but it's definitely 5,750 for me:

United.Com Booking - 1,500
Hertz Summer Promo - 3,000
Hertz Rental - 500
1k/platinum bonus - 750

Σ 5,750

And...just made another booking. $22 for next week for the day.

That's .38 cents per mile!

So for ~$44 I can get saver one way flights. It's crazy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.