Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {extended to 28 February 2019 - 2,750/1,500 miles}

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {extended to 28 February 2019 - 2,750/1,500 miles}

    Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 24, 18, 5:51 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Current offer through 28 February 2019 : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com through September 30, 2018
Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotion Code (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer


Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Feb 11, 17, 8:57 am
  #271  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NYC (Primarily EWR)
Programs: UA 1K / *G; Le Club Accor Platinum; Marriott Platinum Elite; Hertz PC
Posts: 5,265
Originally Posted by br2k View Post
For the rental I am pricing UA promo rates seem to be almost double the rates I get with AAA CDP code (and somewhat higher than no code at all). Is that expected?
I have noticed that more recently, the rates available for Hertz via UA are more expensive than at similar times last year. However, it's not so much more that the extra bonus miles aren't worth the difference (or more). Having President's Club status is also a plus in my book.

ETA: 2,000 miles from last weekend's booking (base 500 + 1500 .bomb booking bonus) just hit. Interesting that it got posted same day, later time as the Platinum/1K/GS bonus from previous booking. Really have no idea how the timing on the Hertz stuff works...

Last edited by PsiFighter37; Feb 11, 17 at 9:52 am
PsiFighter37 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 17, 9:53 am
  #272  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,319
The difference I am seeing is close to $70 for a 2 day rental, for a bonus of 2500 miles. 3cpm-ish?
br2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 17, 5:38 pm
  #273  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Programs: AC SE100K; SPG Plat75; Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 20
UA Plat / Gold / Silver miles NOT posting since start of 2017

Originally Posted by dcaiadflyer View Post
Good to know it's not just me! I also have no idea whom to contact, but I think it may actually be Hertz. UA's website says to wait 8 weeks and then contact, so I'll probably just see what happens. Before the change to PQDs, I don't think I would've even bothered with following up on 750 miles...
Are others still waiting on the elite status bonus points?

I have had 3-4 rentals in Jan and Feb 2017, and every time I have only received 2000 miles. Still missing the status bonus (500 since I am silver, plats get 750).
rjatyyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 17, 4:27 pm
  #274  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Programs: AC SE100K; SPG Plat75; Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 20
Update

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 View Post
I have noticed that more recently, the rates available for Hertz via UA are more expensive than at similar times last year. However, it's not so much more that the extra bonus miles aren't worth the difference (or more). Having President's Club status is also a plus in my book.

ETA: 2,000 miles from last weekend's booking (base 500 + 1500 .bomb booking bonus) just hit. Interesting that it got posted same day, later time as the Platinum/1K/GS bonus from previous booking. Really have no idea how the timing on the Hertz stuff works...
Update / Data point: My extra status miles for a rental from Feb 12 posted today. The original 1500 + 500 had posted last Saturday and the 500 status miles (I am Silver with UA) posted today.

The weird thing is that I have 4-5 rentals from Dec/Jan for which I never got the status miles. So, thinking of following up with Hertz.
rjatyyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 17, 4:46 pm
  #275  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NYC (Primarily EWR)
Programs: UA 1K / *G; Le Club Accor Platinum; Marriott Platinum Elite; Hertz PC
Posts: 5,265
Originally Posted by rjatyyz View Post
Update / Data point: My extra status miles for a rental from Feb 12 posted today. The original 1500 + 500 had posted last Saturday and the 500 status miles (I am Silver with UA) posted today.

The weird thing is that I have 4-5 rentals from Dec/Jan for which I never got the status miles. So, thinking of following up with Hertz.
I am still waiting on my 3750 bonus miles (3K bonus as a Chase cardholder, plus 750 for 1K status bonus) for a rental completed 3 weeks ago (as of tomorrow). Definitely feel like the Hertz posting has gotten more erratic as of late...

ETA: I lied, it posted at some point. Great to know that it's so erratic I automatically assume it hasn't been taken care of
PsiFighter37 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 17, 12:17 pm
  #276  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 648
I've had the bonus post the night of return, as well as weeks later. So random. Minor complaint, since I've now accumulated enough points solely through this program for the wife and I to fly TATL saver J.
gold23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 17, 5:47 pm
  #277  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 68
Has anyone received the promo with the email heading "Exclusive: Up to 11,500 award miles and up to 40% off with Hertz?"

The promo is as follows: 1,250 (500 reg + 750 1k) award miles + 1,500 bonus +3000 bonus

I booked using the link on United.com as per the term and conditions. The 500 reg + 1,500 bonus immediately posted in my account. I'm still waiting on the 1k miles (750) + the extra 3000 bonus. Just wanted to know if anyone had a similar experience. I believe the 3000 bonus is only good on the first two rentals. I'm on my second rental now and hoping that this is not going to be a pain getting the extra 3000.
metermaid33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 17, 5:53 pm
  #278  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NYC (Primarily EWR)
Programs: UA 1K / *G; Le Club Accor Platinum; Marriott Platinum Elite; Hertz PC
Posts: 5,265
Originally Posted by metermaid33 View Post
Has anyone received the promo with the email heading "Exclusive: Up to 11,500 award miles and up to 40% off with Hertz?"

The promo is as follows: 1,250 (500 reg + 750 1k) award miles + 1,500 bonus +3000 bonus

I booked using the link on United.com as per the term and conditions. The 500 reg + 1,500 bonus immediately posted in my account. I'm still waiting on the 1k miles (750) + the extra 3000 bonus. Just wanted to know if anyone had a similar experience. I believe the 3000 bonus is only good on the first two rentals. I'm on my second rental now and hoping that this is not going to be a pain getting the extra 3000.
Yes, the last time I booked a rental, it took nearly a month for the 750 + extra 3k to post. I just finished my second eligible rental and expect a similar waiting time...
PsiFighter37 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 17, 6:01 pm
  #279  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 68
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 View Post
Yes, the last time I booked a rental, it took nearly a month for the 750 + extra 3k to post. I just finished my second eligible rental and expect a similar waiting time...
Thanks! I will just be patient and keep an eye out for them.
metermaid33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 17, 10:51 am
  #280  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 68
Update

3000 bonus and 750 1k points posted 10 days after rental.
metermaid33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 17, 3:10 pm
  #281  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SFO / HGH
Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 1,354
I wonder if anyone has done something similar to this guy

Found some cheap daily rentals (~$15), I wonder how many of these you can stack by renting and returning in a day. For a 1K, it would be a ridiculously cheap way to load up on miles...
pushmyredbutton is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 17, 6:29 pm
  #282  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NYC (Primarily EWR)
Programs: UA 1K / *G; Le Club Accor Platinum; Marriott Platinum Elite; Hertz PC
Posts: 5,265
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton View Post
I wonder if anyone has done something similar to this guy

Found some cheap daily rentals (~$15), I wonder how many of these you can stack by renting and returning in a day. For a 1K, it would be a ridiculously cheap way to load up on miles...
If it was not out of my way to hit up the airport lot, I would definitely do this.

Speaking of which, .bomb now says this offer is now good until July 31, 2017...yet another extension to this (seemingly endless) offer...
PsiFighter37 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 17, 9:03 am
  #283  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 648
I've slowed down on this over the last month.... My rentals are short- 1-4 days- and Avis pricing has been about 40% lower during this time. Not worth it.
gold23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 17, 8:31 am
  #284  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central Maryland
Posts: 176
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton View Post
I wonder if anyone has done something similar to this guy

Found some cheap daily rentals (~$15), I wonder how many of these you can stack by renting and returning in a day. For a 1K, it would be a ridiculously cheap way to load up on miles...
I'm thinking about doing this in combo with the targeted 750+1500+3000 deal. At BWI over the next three Fridays/Saturdays, rates are ~$17-25/day + tax for a mid-size. Booked two one-day mileage runs:
  • $32.68 / (750+1500+3000) = 0.62 cpp
  • $27.79 / (750+1500+3000) = 0.53 cpp
ENOTTY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 17, 9:54 am
  #285  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SFO / HGH
Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 1,354
Originally Posted by ENOTTY View Post
I'm thinking about doing this in combo with the targeted 750+1500+3000 deal. At BWI over the next three Fridays/Saturdays, rates are ~$17-25/day + tax for a mid-size. Booked two one-day mileage runs:
  • $32.68 / (750+1500+3000) = 0.62 cpp
  • $27.79 / (750+1500+3000) = 0.53 cpp
I see the +3000 bonus mentioned a few times, but never knew where this came from. Targeted promotion? Through Chase? Do you have a link?
pushmyredbutton is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: