FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1706695-hertz-mp-offers-consolidated-earn-up-1-250-miles-bonus-based-ua-status.html)

GordonGordon Nov 12, 2015 10:46 pm

The following promotion for 1,500 bonus miles + 500 base miles + 750 1K/GS bonus miles is still going on until 2/29/2016. Did anyone still get the bonus miles by having the reservation booked through hertz.com?

Limited-time offer: Now through February 29, 2016, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on each qualifying paid Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

PsiFighter37 Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Originally Posted by GordonGordon (Post 25706168)
The following promotion for 1,500 bonus miles + 500 base miles + 750 1K/GS bonus miles is still going on until 2/29/2016. Did anyone still get the bonus miles by having the reservation booked through hertz.com?

Limited-time offer: Now through February 29, 2016, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

I got the bonus one time for booking via the Hertz mobile app. That said, I booked through .bomb and tweak the reservation afterward if needed.

Someone should update the header to reflect an end date on the promotion to end of February...

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on each qualifying paid Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

sdsearch Nov 21, 2015 12:48 pm

My latest rental two weekends ago posted a few days ago, 1500 + 500. I made the reservation on bomb.com but tweaked it on Hertz.com (necessary because stupid bomb.com [a] does not allow half-hour pickup/dropoff specificity like Hertz.com does, only one full hour steps, and [b] does not support putting in an arriving flight).

PsiFighter37 Nov 21, 2015 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 25751628)
My latest rental two weekends ago posted a few days ago, 1500 + 500. I made the reservation on bomb.com but tweaked it on Hertz.com (necessary because stupid bomb.com [a] does not allow half-hour pickup/dropoff specificity like Hertz.com does, only one full hour steps, and [b] does not support putting in an arriving flight).

I've done this and still gotten credit - moral of the story, I think tweaks to reservation afterwards on Hertz's website are fine.

When I didn't get the bonus 1500 2 months after I made a booking on Hertz's mobile app using the promotional code, I called in to the MileagePlus servicing hotline, and they added the miles.

vdostoi1 Nov 27, 2015 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 25751628)

Does anyone know how to enter an off-airport location as your drop off location? It seems that United.com does not allow you to enter a local Hertz location. Thanks. Is the only way to do it by booking on UA.com and the tweaking the reservation on Hertz.com?

slivrflyr Nov 28, 2015 8:14 am

Originally Posted by vdostoi1 (Post 25781191)
Does anyone know how to enter an off-airport location as your drop off location? It seems that United.com does not allow you to enter a local Hertz location. Thanks. Is the only way to do it by booking on UA.com and the tweaking the reservation on Hertz.com?

Maybe reserve with only airport locations via United website and then change the locations on hertz.com?

PsiFighter37 Nov 28, 2015 11:24 am

Originally Posted by slivrflyr (Post 25782123)
Maybe reserve with only airport locations via United website and then change the locations on hertz.com?

This seems like the only logical way. I may be booking a car reservation from NYC in the next weekend or two - will report back on how this goes if I do it...

vdostoi1 Nov 28, 2015 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 (Post 25782655)
This seems like the only logical way. I may be booking a car reservation from NYC in the next weekend or two - will report back on how this goes if I do it...

This is what I did. I booked on UA.com and then modified it on Hertz.com. Will see if the promo miles post.

PsiFighter37 Dec 1, 2015 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by vdostoi1 (Post 25784456)
This is what I did. I booked on UA.com and then modified it on Hertz.com. Will see if the promo miles post.

I booked to pick up from LGA for a 5-hour trip - cost $76, pretty comparable to ZipCar. Tried to flip it to a Manhattan pickup location with same codes - became $142. Guess I will be taking ZipCar for my rental (I only need the car for 5 hours max).

keithguy Dec 23, 2015 11:26 pm

The 1500 bonus mile offer has been extended to May 31, 2016.

mkr Jan 10, 2016 12:52 pm

Anyone having problems getting the bonus miles with current Hertz offer?

The current Hertz offer gives 1,250 bonus miles to 1 K and 1500 extra bonus miles when booked through UA website special offers (+ 40% discount).

I recently booked a Hertz car through the UA website using the special offer link through promotions. My total should be 2,750 MP miles.

Only 500 miles posted to my account.

Is anyone else having problems getting the bonus miles?

Is this a united.com glitch, or what?

Did anyone call in to the MP service center about this?

What did they say?

Reservation clearly shows in my MP account reservation history.

PsiFighter37 Jan 10, 2016 12:54 pm

My last two rentals have posted the 500+1500 within a week of the return. What is taking time, for whatever reason, is the 750 extra miles I should be getting for being Platinum. I have not bothered calling in yet, but no idea why it takes so long.

In the past, if there was a delay, I would call the MPSC (the Hertz folks are completely useless, IME), and it would post a few days after that.

mkr Jan 10, 2016 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 (Post 25995328)
My last two rentals have posted the 500+1500 within a week of the return. What is taking time, for whatever reason, is the 750 extra miles I should be getting for being Platinum. I have not bothered calling in yet, but no idea why it takes so long.

In the past, if there was a delay, I would call the MPSC (the Hertz folks are completely useless, IME), and it would post a few days after that.

So part of your bonus miles posted along with your regular 500 miles, but your bonus for Platinum did not post?

Mine shows only 500 regular miles, no bonus.

I wonder if UA is hoping people forget about the bonus miles and don't post them unless one calls in?

PsiFighter37 Jan 10, 2016 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by mkr (Post 25995350)
So part of your bonus miles posted along with your regular 500 miles, but your bonus for Platinum did not post?

Mine shows only 500 regular miles, no bonus.

I wonder if UA is hoping people forget about the bonus miles and don't post them unless one calls in?

The Platinum/1K bonus has always posted for me, but it is always on a lag relative to miles posting for the initial booking. I do not understand why this is the case, but imagine it is just another tech bug...

As for the promotional bonus, they have posted for me on the last several I had, but I did have to call in previously for some bookings where it did not post (back in August). Called to MPSC and it was resolved in a few days as noted above.

cblaisd Jan 10, 2016 1:35 pm

I had to Tweet the Hertz rep to get mine; after that they posted fairly quickly.