Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:11 pm

First rental good, Not yet for second or the third one

I am still waiting for the original 500 miles for the third one. The second one has the 500 credited, but not the 5000 miles.

Anyone received the second or the third 5000-mile credit yet?
Old Oct 3, 2015, 2:32 pm

did anyone get miles posted for an off airport location? like the city locations?
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by mrahul
did anyone get miles posted for an off airport location? like the city locations?

Not yet. My rental return was on 9/30 so not very long ago, but I am concerned that something got hosed up as 361 goldpoints posted even though i have that box as my earning preference unchecked. Just sent an inquiry to ask Hertz why.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:24 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I'm in the same situation. My rental clearly shows the UA CDP and correct PC for the bonus miles, but I had Hertz points post instead. (My rental earlier that week posted the miles fine, although it took about 8 days).

I've sent a message to the Hertz Twitter rep.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:47 pm

Wondering if this a good offer. I am simply needing a car for a quick 3 day PERSONAL trip so can't get reimbursed. The cheapest on kayak is $61 for 3 days (Economy). The UA offer for a full-size is $173. So for 1250+7500=8750 miles (actually with a few more [points] if I use my Chase Sapphire, so let's say 9,000), I will be paying $112 more. That's 1.24 cpm. I guess every mile is valuable but I don't know if I really need 9,000 more miles for $112 more.

Actually for the 5,000 miles, a Mid Size is $104 total for 3 days and that's $43 for around 6,500 miles total so 0.66 cpm and a better offer. Paying $69 more for the 7,500 miles offer is 2.76 cpm for these last 2,500 miles.

Last edited by bosboy73; Oct 4, 2015 at 8:58 pm
Old Oct 4, 2015, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by bosboy73
Wondering if this a good offer. I am simply needing a car for a quick 3 day PERSONAL trip so can't get reimbursed. The cheapest on kayak is $61 for 3 days (Economy). The UA offer for a full-size is $173. So for 1250+7500=8750 miles (actually with a few more [points] if I use my Chase Sapphire, so let's say 9,000), I will be paying $112 more. That's 1.24 cpm. I guess every mile is valuable but I don't know if I really need 9,000 more miles for $112 more.

Actually for the 5,000 miles, a Mid Size is $104 total for 3 days and that's $43 for around 6,500 miles total so 0.66 cpm and a better offer. Paying $69 more for the 7,500 miles offer is 2.76 cpm for these last 2,500 miles.
.66 cpm means you could effectively buy a one-way USA domestic ticket on UA for $82.50. I'd say there's a pretty good shot that you could get more than $82.50 in value out of that (and obviously bigger balances can equal more outsized value). I jumped in on this promo even though I don't normally collect UA miles, on the grounds that a UA one way domestic ticket for a lot less than what I'd normally pay for a plane ticket works for me, and I had rentals where the cost differential was pretty minimal.

ETA: as a data point, my 9/25 weekend rental has posted as of today (5.5k miles as a UA Dirt).

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Oct 5, 2015 at 7:44 am
Old Oct 5, 2015, 3:32 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I'm in the same situation. My rental clearly shows the UA CDP and correct PC for the bonus miles, but I had Hertz points post instead. (My rental earlier that week posted the miles fine, although it took about 8 days).

The Twitter rep said that the miles would be sent to UA, but to allow "4 to 6 weeks." Of course, my mistaken Hertz points were deducted immediately. Sigh.

I may have to look for one or two cheap two day rentals in the next 10 days; this is a pretty good way to buy miles.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
No such luck for me, the rates in SEA and surrounds are tantamount to buying UA miles at > 2 cpm.

If they extend it again through the end of October, I'd have some travel that would take it down to the point where it would work, possibly... though the current Alamo-WN promo where you get 2400 RR on a two day midsize rental is awfully sweet- that's effectively a $33.60 rebate on rental cars in WN WGA award fares, which I can ALWAYS make use of.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
No such luck for me, the rates in SEA and surrounds are tantamount to buying UA miles at > 2 cpm.

If they extend it again through the end of October, I'd have some travel that would take it down to the point where it would work, possibly... though the current Alamo-WN promo where you get 2400 RR on a two day midsize rental is awfully sweet- that's effectively a $33.60 rebate on rental cars in WN WGA award fares, which I can ALWAYS make use of.
I wonder when such an extension would be announced...I have a reservation out of LAX for a couple days and would greatly enjoy getting 6k-7k miles (although 2.75k ain't too shabby).
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Hertz/MP: Earn 5,000 or 7,500 bonus miles per rental

How sweet this offer just became with the 30% bonus on partner transactions!
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd

Post back what you find. I will do the same. Nobody has responded to my inquiry yet.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I believe UA excluded this offer from the 30%. I was hoping for the same.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
This promotion is specifically excluded if you read the fine print at the bottom.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:13 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Hertz/MP: Earn 5,000 or 7,500 bonus miles per rental

Oh, I did not read the fine print. Never mind. Thanks guys
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
Both of mine posted from 9/25 already.

9/25-9/28 @ Santa Clara HLE: 7500 + 500

9/25-9/27 @ SNA: 5000 + 500

When you look @ more info for rental location, it shows if it is a corporate location or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.