Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Old Sep 21, 2015, 8:52 am
Suspended

just got email this morning ... both PC codes officially extended to pick up by 10/15.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Sydneyair
just got email this morning ... both PC codes officially extended to pick up by 10/15.
Same. Still doesn't mention multiple rentals.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 9:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BThumme
They didn't officially exclude multiple rentals or set a cap on earnings so I presume you can keep earning within the promo period. I just got my 5K bonus from 9/11-13 rental and I have another one coming up 10/2-4 so I'll be testing that soon.

Regarding multiple back-to-back rentals (for the sake of earning extra bonus), I can't answer that. The logic should be that the bonus be unique to individual rental agreements, but if the rental location decided to merge your multiple back-to-back bookings into a consecutive one (if car type and other preferences were identical), then the scheme may fail.

Obviously if your local location is cheap enough it actually might be NPV-positive to earn a car and dump it at the garage just to earn the bonus. But I'm not advocating this strategy
Old Sep 21, 2015, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I've just had a 5000 mile and a 7500 mile bonus post from two different rentals. However, in neither case has the usual 500+750 mile earning posted.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
I've just had a 5000 mile and a 7500 mile bonus post from two different rentals. However, in neither case has the usual 500+750 mile earning posted.
Saw 6-8 weeks to post earlier in the thread and in the terms. Hopefully sooner.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Saw 6-8 weeks to post earlier in the thread and in the terms. Hopefully sooner.
In my case it was about one week.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Just completed my second rental on this promotion and I am mostly remembering now why I had stopped renting from Hertz. Their prices are higher than Budget (with whom I usually rent these days) and their cars are nasty. Seriously.

Just over a week ago my full size car out of DFW was a stripped down VW Passat with no USB or backing camera. I did not even know that they still made cars without these features.

A couple of hours ago I returned a Nissan to DAL that also had no USB or backing camera. It also stank of smoke and had two cigarette burn holes on the back seat. This is the POS that they assigned me as a President's Circle member. Gross!

I am also concerned about getting the promised miles, especially in light of the quick posting that many have mentioned. I have already received 500 miles for last week's rental, but there is no sign of the promised 7,500 miles.

Today's rental is even more concerning, as the receipt when I returned the car was for 2 days 9 hours, rather than the 3 days I booked. It was also for about 50˘ less than the rate I booked. When I asked about this three different Hertz employees (including the manager) insisted that my receipt would not/could not show three days unless I returned the car at 10:00pm because my pick-up was at 10:00pm. They insisted that "this is how Hertz does it," despite the fact that my receipt from the prior week out of DFW showed 3 days despite my picking the car up at 11:00pm and returning it at 4:30am. How is it that 2 days 5 hours = 3 days out of DFW, but 2 days 9 hours ≠ 3 days out of DAL? Both rentals were booked through the link in the United email I received, so I know that the rate codes were the same.

The manager at DAL did promise to process my return at 10:00pm tonight so my receipt will show 3 days, but I have no idea if this will happen. I also wasted a good half hour at Hertz working on this.

If I don't receive the 15k miles that I should, I will have spent more money to rent crappier cars for no additional benefit. I could do one more rental with Hertz before the end of the promotion, but I am starting to doubt whether it is worth the trouble.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Originally Posted by lexdevil
Just over a week ago my full size car out of DFW was a stripped down VW Passat with no USB or backing camera. I did not even know that they still made cars without these features.
Believe it or not, no VW had USB ports until the 2016 model year.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 2:34 pm

I have used the PC codes for 4 reservations during the offer period. I have received mileage for two, and I see that some other posters have already received their mileage for multiple rentals also.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lexdevil

I am also concerned about getting the promised miles, especially in light of the quick posting that many have mentioned. I have already received 500 miles for last week's rental, but there is no sign of the promised 7,500 miles.
As one might expect, pretty much the moment I posted the 7,500 miles from my first rental appeared in my account. Fingers crossed for #2.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 4:34 pm

I'm Premier Platinum and got that offer this morning too. Just re-booked one of my upcoming reservations with this new PC code. Including insurance, the 2-day rental would be equivalent to buying UA miles straight up at 1.89cpm while getting a car rental for free. Excellent deal indeed.

The sad thing is that for that trip, I'll be earning ~3300 miles from the flying but a whopping 6250 miles from the car rental.
Same here. How can you not shake your head when (in my case) the car rental yields 3X the mileage as the actual flight?
Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:15 am
Suspended

has anyone succeeded earning the 5000/7500 bonus by booking on hertz.com instead of united.com ?
Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

has anyone succeeded earning the 5000/7500 bonus by booking on hertz.com instead of united.com ?
Yes. Both my rentals were made on hertz.com, rather than United.com, and both posted within about a week.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 9:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Rented from 9/19-9/21 in SAT and 5,000 miles posted today ^

Sadly it meant a really crappy Hertz experience but for 5,000 miles I can deal with it.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 9:50 pm

Data Point for consecutive (kind of) rentals

2 rentals:

Sep 18 to Sep 20 10PM to 10PM
Sep 20 to Sep 22 11AM to 11AM

And yes, I had 2 cars (and needed them) on Sep 20 from 11AM to 10PM.

Both rentals posted today with 5000 miles each, so, they didn't combine them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.